Sign in to follow this  
JC327

(Spoilers) Julep November 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdoerr View Post

I can't remember how to get to the place where I'm able to look at the swatches. I know I've done it before, but now I can't figure it out. Help please!! :eusa_wall:

This month's page:  http://blog.julep.com/meet-the-november-maven-colors/

Just in general, to get to their blog, on the main Julep page:  Connect -> Blog

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdoerr View Post

I can't remember how to get to the place where I'm able to look at the swatches. I know I've done it before, but now I can't figure it out. Help please!! :eusa_wall:

There are a lot more swatches here as well: http://www.julep.com/november-right-at-home-collection

Just click on the "View All Swatches" box in the bottom right corner of the picture at the top.

• Like 1

I am impressed with the polishes this month. I went with Boho Glam. I absolutely love both colors in the box; they were my 2 top pics when I saw the accidental spoiler a few days ago I'm thrilled that they were paired together. I don't really care for lipgloss but since I knew I was getting a gloss Charming was my top pic which happens to be in this box. I couldn't be happier. Oh and I added on Nic and Winter. Do I need Cynthia too? I can't decide. It looks gorgeous but I never wear glitter ever, but since it's a neutral micro glitter I might be able to pull it off. If there was one more item I wanted I would probably upgrade. Anyway this is probably my fave month yet :-)

Got the Timeless upgrade.  In swatching my polishes recently, I realized I don't have many fall/winter colors ... which makes sense since I've only really started collecting since last spring!  Also got the Autumn add-on.  Didn't go for the ultimate upgrade as I'm not generally a lip gloss fan.  I did want to try the lip plumper, so the upgrade definitely made sense, but no point in paying the extra $20 for the other glosses.  I'm sure one of my nieces will take the gloss off my hands if I don't like it.

Puts a lot of pressure on December.  That will be my 3 months in a row, as I skipped September, so I really hope there's a box I want to get the free polish.  Now if they will just keep to last month's schedule and ship the upgrade from NJ, I may actually get my order in good time!

I decided that when I asked earlier if I needed Cynthia it was a rhetorical question; of course I need Cynthia. I just went back and added it on so now I'm getting the Boho Glam box with add ons of Nic, Winter, and Cynthia. Happy happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunii View Post

When I try to skip, it have the free polish message again (if you did not skip three months in a row, you get one free polish). I wonder since I got my free polish last month when they started the promo, if I will get another free one this month.

It says in the fine print that you will have to start over to get another free polish.  So once they send you a voucher you will have to wait 3 more consecutives months to get another.

I was going to skip but I am close to a free box so I don't know.  I think I am kind of over the sub boxes between Bondi and Julep.  I think I will just continue to order my different promotions from Zoya.  I have never had a bad experience with them and I love their polishes.

I selected the upgrade with Charming and Autumn as an add on.  Is it me, or is the lip gloss Daring missing from all the selections?  I see it in the ultimate upgrade picture but not in the list of items, nor is it available anywhere else.

Not a very exciting month to me. I have way too many reds. Was hoping since my birthday is in two weeks that I would do the upgrade and call it a treat but oh well... in my mind that means I'll just have to buy the mystery box this month. LOL I am doing the It Girl box with Aisha, Autumn, and Cynthia as add-ons. Don't need any more lip products since I have lip factory and they send plenty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 View Post

I selected the upgrade with Charming and Autumn as an add on.  Is it me, or is the lip gloss Daring missing from all the selections?  I see it in the ultimate upgrade picture but not in the list of items, nor is it available anywhere else.

It's the ultimate upgrade exclusive.

The lip glosses are 14$... another 11$ and the ultimate box would come with all lipglosses including Daring. [EDIT: Nevermind, read your post wrong... thought you meant you added on Charming, not that the box was the one with charming included haha my bad.]

Sorry I'll stop enabling =oP lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dousedingin View Post

It's the ultimate upgrade exclusive.

The lip glosses are 14$... another 11$ and the ultimate box would come with all lipglosses including Daring. [EDIT: Nevermind, read your post wrong... thought you meant you added on Charming, not that the box was the one with charming included haha my bad.]

Sorry I'll stop enabling =oP lol

I see it now, it's at the very top of the list! 

I am SO FAR BEHIND that I  forgot it was Selection Window time! But on the good side, I did get an email this month! Loving a lot of the colors and the lip products. Right now, I'm thinking of taking a new twist for me ... Classic with a Twist ... I don't have a true red like that and I love the desert sand microglitter! Definitely adding on Autumn (wished I had Autumn all this month already!) and maybe Aisha (the wildberry).  The It Girl colors just didn't cut it for me this month ... the only one that interested me a LITTLE was the pale grey; the cocoa reminded me of Candace and the navy satin - my thought was some of my navies with a matte top coat would look just like it. And with Classic, I at least get to try the new lip glosses. Hoping to get caught up on reading the threads today! My one main problem was that I thought I had to "Save" my selection and I couldn't find where that was this morning. Am I dreaming it or remembering it?

I went with It Girl with Autumn and Cynthia as add-on. I would have upgraded, but I'm not a fan of lip gloss and don't need a lip primer. I wouldn't even know who to gift it to, since almost all of my girl friends are Mavens as well! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by angismith View Post

I am SO FAR BEHIND that I  forgot it was Selection Window time! But on the good side, I did get an email this month! Loving a lot of the colors and the lip products. Right now, I'm thinking of taking a new twist for me ... Classic with a Twist ... I don't have a true red like that and I love the desert sand microglitter! Definitely adding on Autumn (wished I had Autumn all this month already!) and maybe Aisha (the wildberry).  The It Girl colors just didn't cut it for me this month ... the only one that interested me a LITTLE was the pale grey; the cocoa reminded me of Candace and the navy satin - my thought was some of my navies with a matte top coat would look just like it. And with Classic, I at least get to try the new lip glosses. Hoping to get caught up on reading the threads today! My one main problem was that I thought I had to "Save" my selection and I couldn't find where that was this morning. Am I dreaming it or remembering it?

Cynthia looks sooo pretty! If I didn't already have way too many reds I would have gone for it! I wish I had Autumn on right now too, I wish it had been released in October...I definitely would be wearing it all the time. 

And you're right about the saving: the Save button is usually at the bottom right corner of the page. But their website is having some glitchy problems for me right now, so maybe that's why you couldn't find it? I can't tell if it's the Julep site having issues or if it's my computer. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephstrong View Post

Is anyone else NOT receiving emails from Julep?? I even contacted them and they said they fixed it and nope still no emails....it kind of worries me like is someone else getting my emails and could get my CC info or something ??

I didn't get an email this morning for the Julep Maven box like I have every other month & I didn't receive the weekly survey email that I specifically signed up to get.

I'm going to email them & tell them.

Not sure if I should get Boho or Classic. Usually I don't like Classic with a Twist because I'm not big on cremes, but it has Cynthia and Sheila; I love micro glitters and red! But I like the Charming gloss; I have too many pinks. Wish I had enough money for an upgrade... I never do.

This is an easy skip for me. I'm wondering if I'm feeling kind of over julep because they are being boring (another red, another dark blue, another grey, another orange, etc.) or if it's because I hit a critical mass of polishes where it's harder for things to appeal to me. I know I have a little overload going on but I still was able to find about 10 zoyas I'm interested in yesterday...

Either way, if there was a higher value/more compelling beauty product this month they probably would have had my $20 but not with a lip gloss. I know they put a high value on all their beauty products, but the foot stick, the liner, and now the gloss to me reads as "we're cutting costs."

I think I'm skipping.  There are only 1 or 2 colors I like and I'm not a big fan of lip gloss.  The Lip Primer is intriguing but I can pick that up anywhere.  I'm going to wait for the mystery box - I'm a sucker for those!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgathaLaupin View Post

This is an easy skip for me. I'm wondering if I'm feeling kind of over julep because they are being boring (another red, another dark blue, another grey, another orange, etc.) or if it's because I hit a critical mass of polishes where it's harder for things to appeal to me. I know I have a little overload going on but I still was able to find about 10 zoyas I'm interested in yesterday...

Either way, if there was a higher value/more compelling beauty product this month they probably would have had my $20 but not with a lip gloss. I know they put a high value on all their beauty products, but the foot stick, the liner, and now the gloss to me reads as "we're cutting costs."

I think Zoya has some of the best colors! I can always find a bunch that I love, regardless of how much polish I already own.

And I agree with you about the value. Julep puts a ridiculous price tag on their items! It's like when stores mark up the prices so they can put everything on sale for 15% off, and it's actually just the regular price. 

I'm just not feeling this month's selections. :doze:  I'm not completely set on any of the profiles, and I typically fall head over heels for at least one of them. However, some of the colors intrigue me so I'm going with It Girl along with Autumn, Aisha and Brielle add-ons. I really don't want any of the lip products :smileno: Of course the one time they offer an entire complete upgrade with everything is when I don't want to upgrade LOL Oh well!

I usually change my selection several times before the 24th. But I think right now I'm going with Classic with a Twist and adding on Autumn, Lola and Chloe. This will three in a row for me, I skipped August...so I'm pretty excited about the free polish.

I had a hard deciding.  I liked a lot of the colors this month, but didn't always love the pairings.  OR, I have colors in the similar vein.  AND I have WAY too many lipglosses.  I ultimately went with It Girl because I love browns and the grey interests me.  I'm not so into Lola because I have a lot of dark blues and I'm not sold on the Satin finish.  What can I say?  I like glossy nails.  I also added Cynthia (I really like their microglitters) and Aisha.  I may drop Aisha...especially since I could probably pick it up with my free coupon for taking three months in a row.