Break outs even when using paraben-free

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im new to the site so my apologies in advance if im doing this wrong! i used to break out everytime i wore foundation realllly bad so i looked it up and found that an all natural one with no parabens would probably prevent that. So i now o n l y use all natural products (tarte makeup, lush & sukin skin care) and for a while it did stop but lately ive been breaking out again. I drink water only so its not that. Anyone got a clue what it could be and/or how i could fix it? Op and ps, i have really sensitive skin. Please & thanks!

Parabens are preservatives added to cosmetics so they don't grow microbes and turn into bacteria.  They also are believed to cause cancer.  The word you need to look for is "noncomedogenic" which means it doesn't clog pores.

If you have sensitive skin, there could be several factors causing your breakouts.  Sensitive skin has more issues with all natural products as they cause allergic reactions resulting in unbalanced irritated/inflammed skin and breakouts.  You will have to figure out which ingredients could be causing the breakouts such as talc and discontinue use.  And just because a product is all natural or organic doesn't mean it's good for your skin.  Dirt is organic.  Use products that are for sensitive skin that cause less irritation.

Back