Help.. my lips.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hurt so bad. They don't look bad or anything. I use the tarte lip scrub and lots of different balms during the day. Fresh clear balm, the rose one, dior plumping rose balm in the little pot..aquaphor at night. Nothing helps. They peel and are dry and hurt. 

HELP

That might be because you are using too much lip balm and making them sensitive. I had the same issue when I was constantly applying. Find a lip balm you like. Apply it a couple times a day and layer it before you sleep.

I agree, and I would also suggest stop scrubbing for a bit, that's probably not helping the already sensitive skin. When mine get like that I make sure I'm drinking LOTS of water, and only stick to a really moisturizing balm, making sure it's on all the time. Maybe avoid the plumping balm as well, it's probably all minty and tingly and probably aggravating it more. 

Quote: Originally Posted by AmandaWarwick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hurt so bad. They don't look bad or anything. I use the tarte lip scrub and lots of different balms during the day. Fresh clear balm, the rose one, dior plumping rose balm in the little pot..aquaphor at night. Nothing helps. They peel and are dry and hurt. 

HELP
This happens to me every winter.  I have to stop using all of the Fresh balms in the winter because I seriously think they make it worse.  My default is always Aquaphor. Try using it throughout the day until it gets better.  Kiehl's lip balm is like Aquaphor so I alternate between the two.  I've done neosporin and vaseline when lips cracked.  I got Waxlene recently in a sub box and it seems to really help when I put it on at night... it's a petroleum alternative product.  https://www.waxelene.com/  The edges of my lips were peeling a couple days ago and the only product that seemed to do anything was waxelene. Flip top tube is as easy to carry around as aquaphor's.

Back