Christmas Haul - Kat Von D spree

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, these are the goodies I got with my gift certificates to Sephora, which I received over the holidays. Since I have a lot of stuff, I figured I would give some love to a brand I really haven't given a good try. So I went on a KVD spree... Here's a look at my goodies: What better way to try out a line than with a value set?! I bought the Spellbinding look kit along with foundation, concealer, liquid pen, and a NARS setting powder.
The only non KVD thing I bought was the NARS translucent setting powder.
The kit came with the Poetica palette and black eyeliner:
A nice shimmery lipstick:
A really velvety brown eyeliner with a smudge tip and a sharpener tip!!
The liquid eyeliner is actually a pen with a brush applicator, not what I'm used too, but it applied nicely in the swatches:
Lipstick swatch too:

I got a Sephora gift card too! I bought the Ladybird matte palette with it and I'm pretty much in love! Very pretty colors and very smooth and versatile.How do you like the Lock it Tattoo Foundation?

I picked up the Ladybird eyeshadow palette as well, the first Kat Von D product that has ever interested me, after swatching the entire thing in Sephora before the holidays. Absolutely amazing matte shadow palette. The quality of every shade in it far exceeds any other matte palette I've bothered trying. My favorite shades of the bunch are the last 2 on the right. They look incredible with my green-blue eye color.

Quote: Originally Posted by lacylei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Nice hauls! Let me know how you like it. I haven't tried any of these products yet!

I love all of it and find very comparable to high end cosmetics.  Extremely pigmented!

Now, with that said, you have to appreciate it for what its worth - the colors are pigmented and tend to be "dark."  Which works out great for her cause she's a tattoo artist.  I wore some of the colors to work and realized fairly quickly that most "looks" or colors are better suited for the evening and not for the office.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ameliyeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got a Sephora gift card too! I bought the Ladybird matte palette with it and I'm pretty much in love! Very pretty colors and very smooth and versatile.How do you like the Lock it Tattoo Foundation?

I just bought the Lock-It Foundation today.  I was looking for a new foundation, but had no brand in mind.  I have comb skin, with some underlying redness.  I like a heavy coverage (but not feel) so the red does not come charging through later in the day.  That sales guy in Sephora suggested this foundation.  We color matched me, and I LOVED how soft it looked and felt on.  I have had it on for about 8 hours now, and it still looks fresh.  he said it is what he wears and he does not need to reapply at all during the day.  So far I am very happy.  And as a bonus it was $34 compared to the $49 I have been paying for my Dior Forever foundation.

Back