MissJexie

Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

@ I'm about to place an order through Avecko for some stuff through Meme-K and GMarket. Is there anything that was recently added to Meme-K that I should know about? :P

Do you have Original Raw Black Jam already? http://www.memebox.com/page/7261 There's OR Day Shu and cc cream, but no idea if they're good. Hmm otherwise it's been fairly quiet over there, from what I can tell. They've had some events and things, but I haven't seen any crazy brand additions.

Do you have Original Raw Black Jam already? http://www.memebox.com/page/7261 There's OR Day Shu and cc cream, but no idea if they're good. Hmm otherwise it's been fairly quiet over there, from what I can tell. They've had some events and things, but I haven't seen any crazy brand additions.

Yeah, I have a small thing of it. And still hoping it shows up in a future box *Ahem Blackout Ahem*. I already poked through everything and made a list, so it's mostly that I just didn't want to miss out on any amazing new additions. Thank you! I know you mentioned you pay attention to the newer stuff and I knew if you saw anything amazing like a Chosungah item greatly reduced in price, you'd be the gal to ask. :)

I am more excited about this box now since seeing a spoiler for it!  I don't know how to do a spoiler tag yet or else I would.

What was the spoiler?

Where did you see it?

If you want to PM me I can put it in a spoiler tag for you.

• Like 1

I think it might be... it has been in a lotta boxes lately, and it has that certain je ne sais quoi de cheap.

I'm kinda digging the Samantha collab! I wish Memebox had a written break-down of the products rather than just a photographic one, so I know which items are variables (can't watch the vid right now). I'd love to try that blush, but I don't think that color would work for me. And I have no use for the glitter, but everything else? :smilehappyyes:

Ive Been very good at avoiding it so far *knocks on wood* i only got that swirl balm in cute2 (which is obviously unopened and will stay that way for eternity). Maybe because i avoid makeup Heavy boxes in general. The only makeup item i loved so far is ironically the hope girl milky balm lipstick ( i got that in soft lavender so that explains it), and the gel liners, those are welcome anytime - any color.

• Like 1

Pony is a makeup guru. She has a blog and a YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQ0f_g2mQlLfa9N8ETZKkuU1iqxnIHfJM

She was the model/MUA that Etude House selected to promote the Play101 pencils. 

I'm most impressed by her Black Widow cover makeup. She has a lot of control over her looks and she really pulled that off, crazily well: 

She's certainly someone who knows makeup and her taste in products is killer (I end up buying most things she likes ahahah), so when she made a palette with Memebox I AMPED. Her palette pre-sale caused the Memebox Korea site to crash--she's a huge deal in kbeauty. Like, the hugest of huge deals. She's already done two (I think it's just two?) collaboration boxes with Meme-K and her choices were great.

• Like 9

So what do you guys think of the Korean makeup items? So far I've avoided purchasing makeup boxes, but the new collaboration box looks kind of good and a bit on the fence getting it. I'm hoping some spoilers for the dessert box will show tomorrow.

To get 911 box now or wait till tomorrow's releases...hmmmm.

I think there are only 1-2 left! You have to take a decision like...now! :P

So what do you guys think of the Korean makeup items? So far I've avoided purchasing makeup boxes, but the new collaboration box looks kind of good and a bit on the fence getting it. I'm hoping some spoilers for the dessert box will show tomorrow.

I love what ive tried so far. My favorite mascara is the holika holika magic pole. The gel liners are amazing too. And most lip products are Great too (the ones i selected and the random cheap room orange madness), the reason why i avoid makeup Heavy boxes is that im terrified to recieve more hope girl or cheek room products... Or other dollar store looking stuff. Or wrong colors.

I think there are only 1-2 left! You have to take a decision like...now! :P

Ok..you convinced me...order in so perhaps one box or sold out now!

• Like 1

I'm really not into makeup, so I don't care to receive it in Memeboxes. And we all constantly joke about Hope Girl and such.

But I always assumed that it was similar to drugstore level products in the US. I mean, obviously I don't expect drugstore level makeup, which would be more along the lines of Clio, Chosungah, etc. But are we really getting $1 NYC level stuff, or is it more like Maybelline level? 

(I really am just curious, since I don't use the makeup products.)

• Like 1

I'm really not into makeup, so I don't care to receive it in Memeboxes. And we all constantly joke about Hope Girl and such.

But I always assumed that it was similar to drugstore level products in the US. I mean, obviously I don't expect drugstore level makeup, which would be more along the lines of Clio, Chosungah, etc. But are we really getting $1 NYC level stuff, or is it more like Maybelline level?

(I really am just curious, since I don't use the makeup products.)

I've been having a wee look at YesStyle website as it seems to have quite a few of the products. For example, the Face Shop hand cream (with the cute little animal) is £6.90 so about on par with the Body Shop in the UK (there or there abouts). Probably slightly more expensive products would be like l'occitane which is the next step up (roughly). So, not high end products but Boots chemist UK level...Barry M, No7 etc...

I enjoy korean makeup, as I think it's more subtle, natural & also very affordable!

I like buying makeup from etude house, clio, tony moly, 3 concept eyes & holika holika! ^^

• Like 1

ohh...I love those colors in the Pony Palette!  Very nice indeed - I would get those ...

Where are you seeing them?  Am I being more of a derp than usual?  Thanks!!

Edit:  Never mind, found it!  LOVE those colors, some matte, some shimmer but not too much, not heavy glitter.

Edited by TheSilverNail
  • Like 1

@@Alidolly That was in regards to the makeup people talk about. Like Yeon, Cheekroom, Hope Girl, etc.

But I will say that YesStyle has markups of up to 800% on some items, so I wouldn't pay much attention to their prices in general. Though the do have reasonable prices on some items, it's just very hit or miss. I do buy through them on a rare occasion, but it tends to be when they're the only place on the internet that still has an item that was discontinued over a year ago. I guess that tells you how quickly some things sell with them ;)

I have some points saved up from reviews, which will most probably be used on the pony palette! ^^

• Like 1

I dont know how many of you guys ordered the face shop box or the skinfood box, but I ordered both and just got them in the mail...and let me just say im a little underwhelmed by the face shop superbox.

sent you a message!

Got it!

Just posted in the Spoilers thread.

It looks GREAT!!!!!

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this but I'm sure October has passed..... This is for the new round of free samples.

I wonder when the winners for the last round will be announced

post-116846-0-02730100-1414706817_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mahsa

I dont know how many of you guys ordered the face shop box or the skinfood box, but I ordered both and just got them in the mail...and let me just say im a little underwhelmed by the face shop superbox.

Can u please put the skinfood in the spoiler? I don't have instagram and been looking for spoilers. I won't be receiving mine until... Who knows? Ty!