MissJexie

Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Just got an email from Memebox... "Oh Em Gee – You Forgot About Your Korean Beauty Starter Set #2 Sampler Kit?" Please stop asking me to buy things that are sold out, it just makes it worse :(

Ouch, that sucks.

Memebox,

post-112758-0-12213900-1422014503_thumb.jpg

I submitted my first blog review to Memebox a couple days ago and still haven't heard back about points. :( How long does it usually take? I was hoping to get some by now to use on a box...

I submitted my first blog review to Memebox a couple days ago and still haven't heard back about points. :( How long does it usually take? I was hoping to get some by now to use on a box...

There is only one person who handles the points on reviews and she also is the only one handling affiliates, so she is really busy.  She also was on vacation last week, so she has a lot of catching up to do.  I waited 3 weeks for my points this month, because of this.  I don't think you will wait 3 weeks, but it probably will be next week - she might get to it before the weekend, but I wouldn't count on it.

Also, she reads every review.  So, that is pretty time consuming :)

• Like 1

I got so used to memebox doing minimal things overnight, that waking up to a bunch of new things is almost confusing. Takes me a few minutes (and reading here) to sort out what's going on. Got so excited about that sampler pouch, but I didn't notice it was sold out. It would have been nice is some of the restocks etc took place during different times of the day, but I can't even be bothered to get annoyed with it. 

• Like 6

I got the Detox and mystery box as I was asleep during the other stuff and would have liked to of had a chance to get the other stuff. Oh well, I guess it was not meant to be.

This thread is back like the old days, pages and pages to read. It's nice to be back to seeing the boxes being released and the excitement on here. Just last month we all though there would be no more boxes. It's becoming fun again and my wallet is screaming at me!

• Like 1

I just wish they would release them in a more reasonable hour - would 10 am EST be good for all timezones?  I have no idea!

• Like 4

Not really it would screw the Aussies instead and the Japanese and anyone on those time zones

Edited by Jane George

well, they could at least stagger it so the US, Canada and everyone in our timezone doesn't get screwed all of the time!

• Like 7

I have missed literally everything I would have been interested in this week (Soothing Sista, Chocolate Mania, Foot Therapy, and Tea), due to cherishing my sleep. Ah, well. I get to keep my money and keep chipping away at my rather sizable existing stash, so it's for the best. I did Meme-inventory recently, and realized that I am drowning in moisturizer - I have no idea how I'm going to use it all up before it expires.

I'm really excited for everyone who managed to grab something special! <3

• Like 3

Tbh I have seen releases at 3am, 7am, 9am, 5pm and other times gmt in the past. Normally 7am though which means three of eight days I will miss out as hubby gets up with beany.

Here's an idea they could run with...having two releases for each box. Half at one time, other half 12 hours later. That way people round the world would at least have a chance of snagging a box (and not having to wake up at the crack of dawn or middle of the night). Would be easy enough to programme say 100 boxes to go live at 7am GMT and then another 100 (or whatever) 12 hours later...

• Like 6

Here's an idea they could run with...having two releases for each box. Half at one time, other half 12 hours later. That way people round the world would at least have a chance of snagging a box (and not having to wake up at the crack of dawn or middle of the night). Would be easy enough to programme say 100 boxes to go live at 7am GMT and then another 100 (or whatever) 12 hours later...

They used to do this! They'd release boxes for VIPs in the morning (EST), then release them again for the non-VIPs in the afternoon. It was great!

ETA: they did this with new boxes, not restocks.

Edited by flushblush
  • Like 3

They used to do this! They'd release boxes for VIPs in the morning (EST), then release them again for the non-VIPs in the afternoon. It was great!

Yeah, but only VIPs knew about it. Having two release times would allow the newbies a chance at getting a new box as I remember when I first started trying to get a memebox, everything always seemed to be sold out! Yes it would still be a free for all at both these times but would be a little bit fairer for those who either can't nor want to get up in the middle of the night.

There seems to be so few of the restocked boxes and those value sets, that it would be hard to break them up into multiple stocking times. I think rotating the restock time each day would have be a nice touch. It's supposed to be customer appreciation week, not force our customers in the EST zone to mess up their sleep week. 

ETA: I know the time sucks for other time zones too, I'm just not familiar with them personally. 

Edited by blinded
  • Like 1

So, it's now the 24th in South Korea, is that the Big Box event over then and there will be no further restocks? Kinda expected a bit more today than just the couple of new boxes and one value set....

@ haha - go back a few pages and see how they described the snow white box!! typos are like easter eggs with memebox!

• Like 2

@@coffeecardigan we can't post coupon codes here but many of us blog about memebox and they would be there.

I personally went for the detox and renew box.   Baby soft skin sounds like it would be good for dry skin.

If you look in the sold out section, Oh! My Lips is still in stock and that is a really nice lip care box.  So is F/W Natural Makeup, but that isn't natural makeup.  If you like glitter and strobe cream, that box will make you happy! 

• Like 1

@@coffeecardigan we can't post coupon codes here but many of us blog about memebox and they would be there.

I personally went for the detox and renew box.   Baby soft skin sounds like it would be good for dry skin.

If you look in the sold out section, Oh! My Lips is still in stock and that is a really nice lip care box.  So is F/W Natural Makeup, but that isn't natural makeup.  If you like glitter and strobe cream, that box will make you happy! 

Thanks for the suggestions!  

On a side note, why are we not able to post coupon codes on MUT anymore?  Just curious!  I missed the memo! :-)

I've never tried Memebox, but I think this might be the month! Any suggestions or coupon codes? The Mystery Box intrigues me!

Hi there's normally a few folk with affiliate codes for $3 off $30 spend (it'll accept a $29.99 box though) if you do a google search as its against forum rules to post those links I'm afraid. A lot of the bloggers have them on their websites..

Be warned, once you start though...you'll be addicted when the boxes start arriving lol!!

Memebox can be dead frustrating most of the time...they have a weird business ethic but most of the time, the products are very good. Depending where in the world you are, snail mail shipping usually takes a couple of weeks. Express shipping 3-5 days but its expensive ($18.99 per box usually). The boxes now seem to contain 5 items. there are literally hundreds of you tube clips showing what's in some of the older boxes and Instagram has photos of more recent ones so you can see what's in the box. There's also the spoiler thread which has up to date reveals as soon as someone gets a box that's not already been unveiled.

Have fun!!

• Like 1