MissJexie

Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

I'm hoping that someone can help me learn more about how to (as easily as possible) translate the product ingredients from Korean to English. I have to take particular care with the products that I use and I find KB especially appealing because they tend to use more natural ingredients but that doesn't mean that I can use everything and I hesitate to use products when I can't figure out what they actually contain. I have some vague memory (or maybe it was all a dream) that there was some way to get all of those lovely Korean characters to become English words with meaning I could understand. Anyone?  (and I ask here because in my potential dream reference of a way to do this, I think that it was on this thread). Thank you!

This doesn't always work out so well, but there's a Google Translate phone app. It allows you to take a picture of the text you are trying to translate then translate it for you. I know that are constantly trying to update it because when I first downloaded it, there were a lot of kinks. The newest update made it a little better but it still doesn't always work. 

I also look for the products home websites and use Google translate on it in general to find the translations, but that can take more time.  However, for both ways, sometime the ingredients don't translate over correctly. 

Decided I'd treat hubby to the gentleman set as its only $12 and will do as a valentine day present. He's using one of the moisturisers from one of my boxes at the moment so might like a few more products but that are aimed more towards him.

Did a triple cleanse last night - etude house oil, tony moly grapefruit foaming cleaner then a Ren hot cloth (which I love and feel gives me the best cleanse out the lot of them). Added some Milkydress rose toner and finished with Milkydress eye gel and Mizon starfish all in one. Before i went to bed i added the Piseo and...No spots today! (result as in the past my face would have been a mass of red angry welts with that many products!). Still think I'm a long way from finding holy grail products that make me look $1 million but hubby said my face was looking a lot brighter and smoother so there's hope yet for the old girl!

I wish I could try the Mangchee sometimes.

I'm using this one on days when my skin is clear but feels bleh and needs plumping:

image69.jpg?w=406&h=406

Wake up to butt soft skin each time :)

Not sure what everyone thinks of it. Very stringy texture this.

I love this product! I just finished the tube and I'm sad. It was an absolute lifesaver for my dehydrated skin.

Edited by bubu
  • Like 1

I' m waiting for spoilers on the global #19, my last Memebox. It's a bit sad that they don't want to send to my country (Denmark) any longer. I have a lot of stuff after receiving 42 memeboxes but looking at their website and knowing it is out of reach even if I have 22 meme points sitting in my account is sad. I' m on a forced no meme buy. My husband is also sad. He loves all the strange products I make him try. And every time I receive a package he asks if it's from Memebox and if there is a sheet mask in it for him :-) ....... that over! Sob...

Dunno if anyone else talked about this, but two spoilers for Best Beauty Forward, still available:

Spoiler #1 RIMBI Powerful Treatment Essence 125ml -retailstat $34
Powerful Treatment Essence functions as a toner and essence, and is enriched with 85 percent galactomyces ferment filtrate — a key ingredient that penetrates deep into the skin to balance the skin's renewal process and boost the skin’s radiance. It is also formulated with nourishing vitamins, amino acids, minerals, and organic acids to enhance the efficacy of the complete skincare ritual. With daily application, this essence hydrates, brightens, diminishes the look and size of wrinkles, improves texture and clarity, and contributes to a more beautiful, balanced, and glowing complexion.

Spoiler #2 W.LAB 3P+ CO2 Pore Crown Pack: Gel Syringe 6g * 1ea + 1 Mask Sheet
These powerful yet gentle blackhead butterfly patches instantly remove blackheads and unclog pores while tightening and cleansing the pores. Complete with a carbonated gel syringe and a butterfly shape mask sheet, this two-step system features optimal pore-purifying benefits for clear, healthy-looking skin. The refreshing, fizzy carbonated formula gets down deep into the pores to remove the deepest, darkest pore-dwellers, and stimulate the skin to exfoliate dead surface skin, and soothing tea tree and green tea soothe the skin. The results? Skin is healthy, glowing, and radiant.

And I got an e-mail about 10% off discount code for "select boxes", all of which are laughably terrible.

@@Bunbunny - yeah, it's all the boxes they can't give away (just about!). Wasn't interested when they came out, not interested with a few dollars off the price.

Do want to see what's in baby soft skin box as was thinking about getting that one once it had been unboxed. Not in a mad rush though..

Slightly off-topic as far as new & fun stuff goes, but I resubmitted a one-star review for the Cleopatra box, since Memebox removed my previous one as well as all the other negative reviews.  We'll see if they post it.  I tend to doubt they will.  Bah.

They posted it, amazing!  So I take back my doubts.  Now, you think they will allow it to stay?  What happened to all the other negative reviews on this and so many other boxes??

• Like 2

I always thought their reviews was flawed anyway - allowing people to post when they hadnt even bought the box (but liked the sound of it so left 5 stars!?). They should have it linked to your account so you can ONLY post a review once the box has been delivered. They'd still get the negative reviews for rubbish boxes but at least they would be from people that bought the box so more likely to be an accurate reflection of what its like.

As for the "review to win", that's crap as everyone would say "oh, I'd like to try" and give 5 stars...even if its paint stripper and causes 3rd degree burns! Always thought that was a total waste of time...though maybe because they never sent me anything free lol!!

• Like 2

I wonder why some people got 10% select box codes and some didn't. I have VIP and never received such a code this morning, I guess they don't like me :P

I wonder why some people got 10% select box codes and some didn't. I have VIP and never received such a code this morning, I guess they don't like me :P

I didn't get one either

i got the seeds and flowers box and valentines 1 box, with points nd a code that seems to work, the valentines 1 is skincare and body, box 2 has makeup and is more mixed.

I really like sweet smelling products so I like Valentine's Day #2, but I'm on a low-buy and I just bought Detox and Renew. I can only use one affiliate discount code a month even if they're different right?

I got the random 10% off code but since it was for a bunch of crappy boxes, it didn't really sway me to get any of them LOL

• Like 1

I got the random 10% code too - maybe it has to do with the fact that I haven't bought a box in ages? Last one purchased was during the Black Friday restock, though I have placed a shop order recently.

ETA: I agree that the selection of boxes for the code was less than thrilling.

Edited by flushblush

I got the random 10% off code but since it was for a bunch of crappy boxes, it didn't really sway me to get any of them LOL

just worked on the new boxes for me,may be a glitch who knows ,but it worked for me,

• Like 1

My coupon for the code came from the memebox affiliate email address. Maybe it's connected to something there. A going away present for those of us who haven't signed up for the new affiliate program? 

Nevermind, I take that back. I just realized the code came to my account that hasn't ordered anything in months, not my affiliate account. 

Edited by blinded

I'd be more interested in the valentine's day boxes if they were express shipping. Similar to the Christmas and Thanksgiving boxes.

The new value boxes make me sad. $18.99 is not a bargain. I'd be okay if it was $13.99 since that would be the total price of normal shipping. 

Edited by elsie0o0

Nope, I've never been an affliate and I got the code. I also did buy some this month.

So many new boxes - what to do?  :lol:

As its may birthday on Valentine's Day I treated myself to all 3 boxes as I had points but not buying any more after that (for a long while!) as need to seriously start trying to get through the products I have already!

• Like 3

If anyone has a 10% off code they're not using, feel free to send it my way :)

Also, Lucky 13 and Global 19 in spoilers thread.

Edited by starry101

I got the seeds and flowers...I know, what a gamble, right?  Can only hope that they don't make it a rose centric box...

• Like 3