MissJexie

Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Tbh the restrictions are very tight....

They do have some restrictions established, but above those and in the email Memebox uses vague words to describe what they're looking for. If a blog follows the guidelines for photos and a brief description, but the entire blog post is poorly written, will that matter? My guess is no, but this kind of language makes me wonder what Memebox is thinking.

ETA: I work as a project manager/editor for a company that creates blog content for businesses, and we have very extensive guidelines that we follow... that might have something to do with why I focus so much on stuff like this, lol.

Edited by theori3
  • Like 1

@@juless231 I'm planning to cancel my Valentines Day box as well. Let me know if you hear back from them!

I finally managed to get Choco Mania :D I was thinking about getting Dessert Box, but it sold out before I could get it. Good choice, it has some really cute stuff I wanted to give as gifts!

Is Garden of Eden a good box? I saw unboxings, but not completely sure if I should get it.

I'm also concerned, they left out some details for the review guidelines. For example, how we would be refunded?

• Like 1

Can you imagine emailing memebox for an answer to that question? ;) They didn't think this through.  I think you can skip those masks. No body wants to see that lol!

• Like 1

I'm ignoring this shady review contest... I already have all the boxes I want and if meme isn't going to ship to me I don't see why I should give them publicity.

• Like 5

I'm not buying any of the boxes . I do not trust them to refund the money . And I'd expect it to be points and be in a big scheme of coming through in the the last points money PayPal cash out end of month.

• Like 3

Tbh it is a shady and rediculous promo. These boxes will probably not appear again so pointless reviewing them in a way. But I review a lot anyhow... Will also try and get my money back... Why not if they offer

• Like 2

Tbh it is a shady and rediculous promo. These boxes will probably not appear again so pointless reviewing them in a way. But I review a lot anyhow... Will also try and get my money back... Why not if they offer

I hot hair and body 4 because I've been waiting the Milky Dress shampoo and it's cheaper getting it like this than getting it from Korea depart with ridiculous shipping.

Does anyone have the Dr MJ Bounce cushion BB cream? I want to know what the undertones are... yellow or pink. I bet yellow, sigh. But I'm hoping For pink.

I bought one and I made sure it had really easy products to review. I avoided anything with sheet masks since it said products have to be taken out of their packages and you have to comment on texture, consistency etc.

Gah, missed chocolate mania yet again..just destined never to get that one. Picked up koreas most wanted 2 as my mum has been looking for a decent green primer so can give this a go and the other items look ok. TBH, thought they'd release NEW boxes rather than more clear-outs from the stockrooms / under desks / behind the ladies toilets.

Won't be submitting a review - waste of time. They want to drum up publicity, they can do it themselves. They've shafted international bloggers /you tubers by ceasing shipping so they can PAY properly for an ad campaign in the US. Sod them..

• Like 2

The guidelines don't really make any sense tbh - unless they specified you must have used the product you're not getting much more than first impressions. It's why it takes me so long to review things at the mo (too many products on the go to open new versions without being wasteful).

The guidelines specifically say "first impressions" so that part is easy. Swatching isn't something I normally do but I will anyway. I figure, if anything, I send it in and they say "no" then I can say "why not" and fix whatever they say is wrong.

As long as I don't have to say Memebox is the best company on earth I'm OK with it. Haha :) Theyve never cared before if I say I hate a box.

• Like 3

I'll probably do my review on my blog rather than my youtube tbh.

Easy to remember all I need to do lol.

Edited by Jane George

Think They've shipped the valentine bundle that was meant to go out on the 16th feb as just had text from DHL

Think They've shipped the valentine bundle that was meant to go out on the 16th feb as just had text from DHL

Ohhh post spoilers if it is! That way I can cancel if it's bad haha

• Like 1

I kind of assumed that this new 'contest' is their way of searching for new Memebox Ambassadors to review boxes.. With all Intl. customers being given the ass they will be losing many reviewers who really get down to the nitty gritty of the contents. Every time I received a box I used all of the contents so I could actually give a proper review of each item (which are their Ambassador guidelines) and the contest sounds like they are looking for people who can follow those rules.

• Like 1

What are the chances they will let me cancel my V Day boxes? I sent them two emails. They did say they will accept cancellations until Feb. 9th. Oh well, I hope these two boxes are good! I wish I bought the bundle because I needed up getting all 3 boxes separately.

It says my order is "ready for shipment" - meaning my order can not be cancelled, according to their help center. Let's see what they've to say if they ever get back to me.

EDIT: Order is ready for shipment, not processing

Edited by sam356

I think that Memebox has two problems right now: they have a ton of old boxes in Korea that they need to dump ASAP and a boatload of bad buzz just as they're about to fully launch in the US market. This is an attempt to solve both problems at once. I won't be enabling them at this point by participating. (imagine me as a storm cloud raining bad buzz)

• Like 7