MissJexie

Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

well, I did it - I did get the blackberry and the weekend roll on perfumes - I used an account that had the 3 memepoints for USA customers + the 5 points we want you back.

so, now I wait 3 weeks for my perfume!! lol

• Like 4

This is a huge off-shoot in the current topics, but, just out of curiosity, have any of you read Memebox's Terms of Use page? It's kind of an eye opener in that all the stuff that we collectively dislike, such as misleading descriptions/labels, canceling orders, or not including products from spoilers/descriptions is talked about in it. Essentially, they can do all those things at their discretion, because they've stated them in the Terms and you agreed to them just by looking at the site. Though I wouldn't know how well this would hold up in a court and I am not a lawyer by any means, so I don't know the validity of the Terms/claims. This is not to say that I agree with their practices at all, very far from it. Actually, I'm just starting to understand the frustration of their crappy customer service with the sluggish compensation for a broken lotion from the Milk box. I get the feeling, like so many of you have stated, that they feel they can do whatever they want, damn the consequences, because they're quickly gaining popularity, and there will always be another person to shop through them and give them money. Very bad business practices for sure.

Oh, also, if anyone wants to file this tidbit away for later, though I sincerely hope it never comes to that for any of us, Memebox is governed by California laws as far as any of these Terms go (and the site). So if you have trouble and need to go the legal route, you can look up what laws they have to follow or what action you might be able to take.

• Like 9

Funny you should mention that, @@aralosin - I was just reading the Terms of Use today and noticed the same thing; I found the section on Product Descriptions to be particularly interesting in terms of some of the complaints we've had here.

Edited for punctuation.

Edited by flushblush
  • Like 2

I didn't get any... :-(

Not one of my accounts received points. Not a good day for me in Memeland either.

Edited by MemeJunkie

@@aralosin I just read over them, I found this piece interesting: "Specifically, but without limitation, Memebox does not warrant that: (1) the information on this site is correct, accurate or reliable;"

explains everything.

• Like 6

Funny you should mention that, @@aralosin - I was just reading the Terms of Use today and noticed the same thing; I found the section on Product Descriptions to be particularly interesting in terms of some of the complaints we've had here.

Edited for punctuation.

Any particularly relevant info that stood out re product descriptions?

Any particularly relevant info that stood out re product descriptions?

"We strive to provide accurate descriptions of our products on our Site. However, we do not guarantee that they are accurate or complete. In such cases, we will correct without any liability."

• Like 2

Still no replies to my e-mails. I bundled my asking for my points they promised me with my cancellation request for the Lipstick box, bet they aren't cancelling because they don't want to give me the points at the same time. Luckily, I ordered that box directly through my credit card and so I can file a claim whenever. I'll give them a week, though.

Honestly, would it kill to hire a few more employees for customer service?

• Like 2

Still no replies to my e-mails. I bundled my asking for my points they promised me with my cancellation request for the Lipstick box, bet they aren't cancelling because they don't want to give me the points at the same time. Luckily, I ordered that box directly through my credit card and so I can file a claim whenever. I'll give them a week, though.

Throughout my communication with Memebox (and many failed attempts at communication), a lot of the responses I received made it seem like the person responding to my emails just had a general position at Memebox, where they just did whatever was needed of them. I would sometimes ask the most basic question or try to get the tiniest problem resolved, and they would give me an answer entirely irrelevant to what I had asked/said, as though just trying to respond to get it over with and move on to the next problem. Sometimes it seemed like a language barrier, other times it just seemed like they had no idea what they were talking about. Even just hiring one person that is only hired for proper customer service would probably make a drastic difference at this point.

@@aralosin I just read over them, I found this piece interesting: "Specifically, but without limitation, Memebox does not warrant that: (1) the information on this site is correct, accurate or reliable;"

I interpret this as "don't trust a d*mn thing on our site because we won't be bound by it." Good to know, I'lll keep that in mind when trying to decide whether to place an order. ahahaha 

• Like 2

how is it spam if you are inquiring on an issue that hasn't been resolved?  That isn't spam. 

If memebox is ignoring follow up emails, that is lousy, shitty, crappy customer service.

if you repeat the same email with the same title over and over, they or the program could see it as spam or something. no they should not ignore.. but just in care 

if you repeat the same email with the same title over and over, they or the program could see it as spam or something. no they should not ignore.. but just in care 

That is different.  Doing a reply, with the RE: isn't spam

• Like 3

I've won a memebox giveaway myself today!! Best birthday surprise ever!! My bday was almost over and then boom :D

With a joy and bit of blush I have to set my total count of Memeboxes to 99  :blush:

• Like 2

That is different.  Doing a reply, with the RE: isn't spam

I normally just re-write a whole new email if they haven't respont on a previous RE :) this helps me a lot when that happens. (just copy the same text though but change the tittle ;)

Why am I so tempted by these princess boxes? Yesterday I had no interest in them at all. Cute packaging isn't enough to sway me, and I'm not into the princess thing. I'm actually that annoying mother who declared "No Disney princess for my daughter!" and bought the Paper Bag Princess instead. :P But after reading the descriptions I want them all. I'm still waiting for my brightening box to be delivered, so I really should skip the Snow White box. I don't have any sleep packs, and I really want hair products. Ahh, what to do?

Omg, the Paper Bag Princess! My boyfriend and I have known each other since we were kids, and his mom always used to read that to me!

• Like 2

I normally just re-write a whole new email if they haven't respont on a previous RE :) this helps me a lot when that happens. (just copy the same text though but change the tittle ;)

Sometimes if I respond to an email with a real issue with my account (they screwed up my address on most of my orders somehow, after I had put in my correct address multiple times) I'll get responses within minutes or hours. Other times I have to send an entirely new email and that will get a response days faster than the old response. There's really just no figuring out how they do things. 

• Like 1

Sometimes if I respond to an email with a real issue with my account (they screwed up my address on most of my orders somehow, after I had put in my correct address multiple times) I'll get responses within minutes or hours. Other times I have to send an entirely new email and that will get a response days faster than the old response. There's really just no figuring out how they do things. 

The main thing is; never give up ;)

So I decided to do an entire look with my k-Style box today and I'm actually pretty impressed with the products, with the exception of the mascara.

I love A'Pieu, but the mascara was just way too "natural" looking for me. The orange lip tint actually looks pink on my lips so that was a huge and happy surprise. Even the blush that I thought looked to natural in the swatch actually showed up really well on my cheeks. The liners stay on ALL DAY which is awesome. For an originally underwhelming box, I'm actually pretty pleased with it now!

• Like 2

So I decided to do an entire look with my k-Style box today and I'm actually pretty impressed with the products, with the exception of the mascara.

I love A'Pieu, but the mascara was just way too "natural" looking for me. The orange lip tint actually looks pink on my lips so that was a huge and happy surprise. Even the blush that I thought looked to natural in the swatch actually showed up really well on my cheeks. The liners stay on ALL DAY which is awesome. For an originally underwhelming box, I'm actually pretty pleased with it now!

Share picture when you've created a look :) I love that box too, such good and pretty products!

• Like 1

They wont cancel mine either.. I really dont want it after the change in description...

• Like 2

I wish I had gotten the superfood box. Oh well--not the end of the world. I just wish my boxes that are on their way to me would hurry up! I have now waited longer on some of the boxes from early this month than I ever have before. I am just super excited to get my hands on some fun new products!

• Like 3

They wont cancel mine either.. I really dont want it after the change in description...

You can do that on paypal no problem since its within the right time frame :D

eta: oh, but if you used points, that would suck you'd lose them...

Edited by Saffyra

I've been dealing with them for weeks now over address issues that were caused by their system, I was dealing with 1-2 emails a day on average for more than two weeks straight, and they haven't really responded to anything at all for several days now, I really think that they're not really responding to emails at the moment (someone mentioned something about a holiday), so I think there's still a bit of a delay. I would wait a bit if it would mean you lose points by opening a dispute, assuming it's not a box that's being shipped out shortly. 

hey guys, quick question. i'm trying to purchase the missha bb cream from the us exclusives page but it keeps adding on a 10.99$ shipping charge. i thought all us exclusives were free shipping? =/

• Like 1