Coastal Scents has F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C brushes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As a woman who owns an array of high-end makeup brushes from various cosmetic brands, I must say that I am very impressed with the brushes at Coastal Scents. In my opinion, some (if not most) of the brushes are as good as some of the high-end brushes that I own. As shocking as it may sound, but they are fantastic. Anyone else own any Coastal Scents brushes? What are your thoughts?

I have two that I have received as samples, but I haven't tried either of them yet. One is a classic Foundation brush and the other is an eyeshadow brush.

I own a few and I'm not a big fan. The brushes aren't bad but like drugstore brushes the quality isn't on par as with Sigma, Bdellium, Royal & Langnickel or Hakuhodo.

All I have been using for the past year are elf studio brushes and I find them to be losing their luster a bit. If I wanted to upgrade to slightly more expensive brushes (but still affordable) with quality that surpasses my elf brushes, would you gals recommend Sigma, crown brush, coastal scents, or something else entirely? (Btw sorry if I'm hijacking this thread!)

I love their brushes, too! After I got the medium shadow brush in my ipsy bag, I ended up buying more of them. I don't own any real high-end brushes, because I am cheap and don't want to spend a ton of money on a product that I already have that seems to work just fine :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't own any of their face brushes yet, but may purchase soon!!! I think they are definitely great quality for the price!

Quote: Originally Posted by themakeupgirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

All I have been using for the past year are elf studio brushes and I find them to be losing their luster a bit. If I wanted to upgrade to slightly more expensive brushes (but still affordable) with quality that surpasses my elf brushes, would you gals recommend Sigma, crown brush, coastal scents, or something else entirely? (Btw sorry if I'm hijacking this thread!)

Crown and Morphe brushes are the same brushes as the companies are sister companies. If you want quality for price then go with Bdellium Tools.

I really like the flat top buffer brush I bought from Coastal Scents. I've used it almost daily for a year and a half and it still looks like new. The duo-fiber stippling brush has not been a good one for me. It sheds too much. I like the eyeshadow brushes and the retractable lip brush works well for me.

@zadidoll I haven't heard much about Bdellium but they're definitely on my radar now. When the bambu sets go on sale I'll probably swoop in and snatch them up. Thanks!

high end brushes are not all the best quality... I bought the nars ita brush and it sheads everytime I do a quick clean or a shampoo...some my coastal scent brushes don't really ever shed...ive been using some for about a year..but not super heavy usage.

Quote: Originally Posted by colorfuldez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  high end brushes are not all the best quality... I bought the nars ita brush and it sheads everytime I do a quick clean or a shampoo...some my coastal scent brushes don't really ever shed...ive been using some for about a year..but not super heavy usage.

Agreed. I know when I worked for Lauder, I preferred my Coastal Scents eyeliner brush over their's. I have high end brushes that I love, but since discovering Coastal Scents I think they have a lot of amazing brushes deliver great benefits.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sarah Afshar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed. I know when I worked for Lauder, I preferred my Coastal Scents eyeliner brush over their's. I have high end brushes that I love, but since discovering Coastal Scents I think they have a lot of amazing brushes deliver great benefits.
Are they cheap, too? Brushes are important for make-ups but it is hard to invest on really expensive ones if you are going to use them every single day. I am thinking of buying a little cheaper brush but  with a lot of benefits, too. 

Quote: Originally Posted by themakeupgirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My recommendation would be Real Techniques...I have a variety of brushes and I always find myself reaching for them first. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back