Sign in to follow this  
JC327

(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

I can't believe it's almost time for the March selection window! it came up quickly.. I got IT girl last month because I just haven't been into the make up products. I'm another person who prefers the lotions etc

I love Julep's strawberry mint lip balm and have been doing my best to keep it alive since I got it last April or June, so I'm not opposed to more lip products from them. :) Good to know I can go MB if I decide I don't want any of the polish.

Dear God, I hope not.  That would be so annoying to not get a 'new' product. I feel like they really need to step it up from now until May to keep mavens on the fence about the plie wands interested.  A while back when they sent out those surveys I know they asked about mascara, blush, and I can't remember the others.  I guess I would sort of expect to see at least one of those products in the coming months now that they've had some time to formulate a product.  I still have little interest in seeing more makeup from them though.  I really wish they would just stay with nail/body/skincare type products but I still like the polishes enough to stick around lol.
Well they did that with the quick dry drops in January, & they only put the new product [Vanish] in the MB box. Which leads me to ask...why does Julep bother to put the new product teasers on their blog if they don't actually come in all the boxes, & unless you choose MB you have to get them as add-ons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyMoon View Post

Does anyone know how long the free polish code for taking 3 Maven boxes last?  I don't see an expiration date of any kind.  TIA

I got my code in January (Jan was my 3rd month) and my code is valid until the end of March. But I would call them if I were you because their policy for redeeming those might have changed since they changed the whole "non-skip" thing. I wouldn't be at all surprised if out of the blue they gave everyone with those coupons a 2 week notice for redemption because they decide to do away with that program entirely hahaha 

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethStreet View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyMoon View Post

Does anyone know how long the free polish code for taking 3 Maven boxes last?  I don't see an expiration date of any kind.  TIA

I got my code in January (Jan was my 3rd month) and my code is valid until the end of March. But I would call them if I were you because their policy for redeeming those might have changed since they changed the whole "non-skip" thing. I wouldn't be at all surprised if out of the blue they gave everyone with those coupons a 2 week notice for redemption because they decide to do away with that program entirely hahaha 

@LuckyMoon take a look at that almost too tiny to read print at the bottom of the email - I got my email on 1/28, and the tiny print on the bottom says:

The promotional code above will expire on July 31, 2014. Promotional code is valid for any polish on julep.com up to $11.20 (Maven exclusive price) and may only be used towards one, regardless of price. To redeem your free polish, please log in to your Maven account and apply your promo code at checkout.

• Like 1

Arghhh why does Julep take so long to ship?? I got a shipping email almost immediately after placing my order, which was shocking and made me very happy, but tracking says it won't reach me for 11 days from now! 11 days! Is it just me or is that a crazy long time?

Also, I am really bummed b/c I somehow thought you earned jules for purchases and I was thinking this would bring me up to 2000 to get my next box free... But sadly, no. :sadno:

I personally loved the lipgloss I got in my welcome box, but that is the only Julep lip product I've tried so far. I am a lip gloss addict, though... I have about 4-5 in my purse right now and a few in my desk drawer at work!

All gone :)

Original:

Girls, I'm about 95% sure I am not going to use this 50% coupon I have that expires on Feb 28. Whoever PMs me first is welcome to it!

Product spoiler is up on juleps blog. Not too exciting but I don't hate it.
I hope this doesn't mean they are getting rid of last year's lip scrub!! I love that stuff.

Wow, even though February has been, like, four weeks long already, I can't believe it's almost the 20th already!  I keep thinking it's more like the 10th even though I *know* today is the 18th (kid brother's birthday).  I think I already threw in a vote for non-creams, but I'll add an additional anti-glitter vote because I'm getting really, *really* bored with glitter.  The Stardust finish is fine.  I'm talking things like whatever the gold glitter was in the It Girl box this month.  Diamond Theory, maybe?  And the birthstone glitters.  Meh.  They just seem to *predictable* that I just can't bring myself to care about them.  Duochromes, holos, metallics, frosts, maybe a satin (it seems like those are subtly shimmery) -- anything buy creams and glitters.  On the other hand, if it's a collection heavy on the delicate feminine creams, that *will* save me some money.  Except I have enough points for a free box.  Hmm.  I'm not sure what I'm wishing for!  An orange-white-and-green microglitter for St. Patrick's Day would be amazing.  But definitely funky colors and finishes, please.  Give some love to the superadventurous people! 

• Like 1

Personally I'm stoked for the lip scrub. I was just about to buy Fresh's scrub, but was not stoked about it being in a pot (I hate the feeling of lip product under my nails...bleck!) so this will work out, even if I have to purchase it as an add-on. The lip product sounds good too, my lips need all the help they can get! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoFab View Post

CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW!!!!!

I may or may not be planning on staying up super late for spoiler/selection purposes.

Spoilers: I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhvittoria View Post

I may or may not be planning on staying up super late for spoiler/selection purposes.

Spoilers: I am.

Do they usually post at midnight, or in the morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhvittoria View Post

sssssh don't crush my dreams

Haha ok *crosses fingers they go up at midnight* ;)

• Like 1

OH MY GOODNESS it is already almost the 20th?!?!?! Anywho, I know they spoiled the add on product but I feel like by now they spoil a couple colors too. Or they at least have a Facebook post saying if we get 1,000,000 likes we will show you a color blah blah blah but not even that has been posted. Am I misremembering?

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethStreet View Post

OH MY GOODNESS it is already almost the 20th?!?!?! Anywho, I know they spoiled the add on product but I feel like by now they spoil a couple colors too. Or they at least have a Facebook post saying if we get 1,000,000 likes we will show you a color blah blah blah but not even that has been posted. Am I misremembering?

seriously, I think it's really weird that there are no color spoilers.

Looking at the Julep FB page, going back I don't remember there being any color spoilers. Just product spoilers, which they already did. I don't think there will be anything more until tomorrow. :icon_cry:

Do they usually post at midnight, or in the morning?
The window opens up in the morning. I remember I came home at like 2am on the 20th of last month, & when I checked Julep it still didn't have anything posted yet. I'd assume it all opens at around 6-7am PST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Silva View Post

Looking at the Julep FB page, going back I don't remember there being any color spoilers. Just product spoilers, which they already did. I don't think there will be anything more until tomorrow. :icon_cry:

They have had color spoilers in the past and it usually is just a black and white photo of one of the boxes swatched and say they will reveal the color when that photo gets a certain amount of likes and once they hit that goal and reveal the picture in color they usually delete the black and white. They have done it for several months but usually do this sometime the during the day before box selection opens. So I agree I don't think we will get that this month and we will just have to be patient until tomorrow womp womp 

I feel like they go live 9AM EST?? 

Anyway, I'd super love for my tax refund to arrive, so I can feel less guilty about all the shopping I want to do!

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelshine View Post

I feel like they go live 9AM EST?? 

Anyway, I'd super love for my tax refund to arrive, so I can feel less guilty about all the shopping I want to do!

That sounds about right, I recall the timestamp of the emails to be about 6-6:20am PST. I usually don't see it til I get to work around 9am PST. Hopefully the add-ons aren't super popular this month, I'll be bummed if I miss out on the lip scrub. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellorigby View Post

That sounds about right, I recall the timestamp of the emails to be about 6-6:20am PST. I usually don't see it til I get to work around 9am PST. Hopefully the add-ons aren't super popular this month, I'll be bummed if I miss out on the lip scrub. 

I had to check, my last two emails arrived about 8AM PST.

The window opens up in the AM but usually the blog page with the colors goes up in the middle of the night. 

I'm hoping maybe midnight PST. :)