Best cuticle oil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi!

I am having a bit of trouble keeping my cuticles moisturized. Overall I'd say that I have dry skin, but with the cold weather, it has become impossible for me to keep my cuticles looking nice longer than 15 minutes. Do you have any cuticle oil or treatment that you would recommend?

Thank you for helping out.

I like Solar Oil and Julep's cuticle oil. This week I picked up Nail Tek's Renew cuticle oil at Sally's, and it is working really well so far.

I don't know about the "best" because I only tried a few but I picked up California Mango cuticle oil at Sally Beauty a few months ago and I am already almost ready for another one.  I love that it's not too greasy and the smell is very pleasant.  I use it every single time I remove my polish (which is typically daily) and at least once per night.  Not only are my cuticles in good shape but the stimulation of massaging my nails has incredible results on my growth and overall health of my nails.  It's pretty inexpensive as well.  I will be repurchasing this and I recommend it to anyone who asks me. 

One thing I am not 100% certain of is the longevity of it.  I live in FL so cold and dry isn't a problem for me, but I would certainly give it a try.  The .25ml size is like 3.49 if you have a Sally card.  I have also used Sally Hansen oil which was nice but pretty pricey and if memory serves me right it was very messy/greasy.

Have you tried balms? Oils don't do much for me except make them look good for a few minutes. Qtica is great, thick and sticky though, so I only use it at night. Lanolin is another one...its a little sticky too but it bothers me less than the qtica and if you buy lansinoh there is really no smell. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thank you all so much for all your suggestions :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I will definitely be checking them, already had a closer look at the Solar oil and am thinking of getting it as soon as possible. Ellesnails, you just reminded me that I do in fact have a jar of lanolin somewhere, I just forgot about it, going to look for it right away. I'll let you know how it worked out for me, but a big thank you to all of you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't know if you're still following this thread, but I've always used Sally Hansen's cuticle oil and it works well for me. 

Quote: Originally Posted by hotpinkglitter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't know if you're still following this thread, but I've always used Sally Hansen's cuticle oil and it works well for me. 
Thank you for your suggestion, it has in fact gotten somewhat better and I have been using the lanolin treatment suggested above, but next time I am at the drugstore I'll have a look at the Sally Hansen cuticle oil :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back