Hayden Gabba

How to: Clean Your Makeup Brushes

Hey everyone! It's been so long since I've posted here (5 or so years?) and I usually just lurk but I'm so excited to post this quickie today. I HATE washing my makeup brushes. Absolutely HATE it. I typically do the EVOO + baby shampoo or Dawn dish soap method. I'm involved in a few beauty groups on Facebook and saw someone that had used Zote laundry soap to wash their brushes and they absolutely raved about it. What caught my attention is how quick she said she got all her brushes washed. So I decided I would try it and needless to say, this stuff is AWESOME. Bristles that I haven't seen white since they came out of their package were looking brand new again.

All I did was wet the bristles, swirl the brush on the bar, and rinse. It breaks up the makeup so quickly and easily - I was amazed! Once I washed all my brushes with Zote, I put some Dawn Pure Essentials in a small cup, dipped them in, and did one more quick rinse to get any build-up that may have been left behind. A little goes a long way with this stuff, I barely made a dent in the bar for 52 brushes so I'll have this bar for a long time!

Did I mention the best part? This only costs $.97. Less than a whole dollar for a huge bar. There are pink, white, and blue variations of the bar but the only difference is the dye added which will not affect the bristles.

Zote was tough enough to cut through the makeup but gently enough to keep my brushes intact. I saw NO bristle fallout whatsoever - which was my biggest concern.

I apologize for how jumbled this is - I just wanted to get it up quickly :)

Will you try this? What is your current method for washing your brushes? I'm always looking for new ways. :)

post-113858-0-28212900-1405097817_thumb.jpg

post-113858-0-11957000-1405097829_thumb.jpg

post-113858-0-03354900-1405097839_thumb.jpg

post-113858-0-65559600-1405097851_thumb.jpg

I've not heard of that brand of soap. I wonder if it's similar to Fels Naptha which is also around .97 at Walmart.

I use hotel facial soap bars. I hate bar soap, but it's great for cleaning makeup brushes and it's free. I travel a few times a year for work and always take a couple of bars home with me. 

These are great tips!  I was wondering if the Parian Spirit in the jar method is safe for all brushes, cheapo drugstore brushes, cosmetic store brand "deluxe" brushes, and higher end super-soft brushes alike?

These are great tips!  I was wondering if the Parian Spirit in the jar method is safe for all brushes, cheapo drugstore brushes, cosmetic store brand "deluxe" brushes, and higher end super-soft brushes alike?

Yup, all brushes. I've been using Parian Spirit since 1995.

• Like 1

I have to say, I am pretty excited right now. I finally, finally ran out of my MAC brush cleaner so I bought the Parian Spirit jar + cleanser + spray bottle yesterday. Ha ha, it's ridiculous how excited I am to try this method to clean my brushes! :w00t:

You should buy good brushes. The initial investment is worth it because they will last, and clean up much better. You won't have the hairs falling out after you clean them. When you do clean them, use a very mild shampoo, and a VERY small amount; run the water over the brush with the brush hairs pointed downward; don't run the water thru the brush. So easy to clean them!

Normally, I take a plate and put a good amount of some dishwashing soap and extra virgin olive oil. I then take each of my brushes and swirl it around on the plate, then rinse them in the sink using water from the tap. After that I towel off most of the moisture and let them air dry horizontally, as I have heard drying your brushes wet with the bristles upwards causes some of the glue or adhesive to become less effective. Hope this helps! xoxo

Edited by ricababyy

The best way to clean makeup brushes at home is t Place a teaspoon of shampoo in a cup with 1/4 cup of warm water, and mixed it properly and later massage the down part of the brush again put it in the warm water at last Use a clean dish towel or face towel to gently remove some of the moisture.

post-111307-0-66808300-1411997982_thumb.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!

• Recent images in this topic

• The majority of the casualties of balding may be men yet that does not mean it is the issue with men as it were. Around the globe, an ever increasing number of ladies presently experience the ill effects of male pattern baldness issue that makes their life tumultuous. A basic female male pattern baldness treatment in Dubai can fix it. This article talks about imperative realities about female male pattern baldness and diverse compelling approaches to managing it.  On the off chance that you are female with male pattern baldness issue, read this theme to maintain a strategic distance from hair diminishing and sparseness.  Male pattern baldness in Females  What did it resemble to leave around 100 hairs every day? Clearly, you don't like your hair on the off chance that you lose around a hundred of them daily. The facts demonstrate that scalp grows countless however on the off chance that you lose more hair than you develop, you are going to confront a male pattern baldness emergency.  This circumstance regularly prompts hair diminishing or bare spots on the crown or different territories of the scalp. You would prefer not to lose hair up to the point you need to take a hair transplant.  Female Hair Loss Treatment  A Female hair loss treatment in Dubai is a viable, smooth, and safe strategy that conveys the ideal outcomes. In the event that you are losing hair at a sensational rate, you are in danger of growing slim or bare spots. It is anything but difficult to defeat this issue by acting at a beginning period.  By assuming a female-male pattern baldness treatment in Dubai, you will most likely stop male pattern baldness and trigger hair development in a convenient way. On the off chance that you lose an excessive number of hairs and end up having uncovered spots, you may need to experience a hair transplant treatment.  Reestablishing Lost Hair Effectively  In the wake of examining the imperative highlights of female-male pattern baldness treatment in Dubai, we can say that this methodology can stop male pattern baldness and assist the new hair development normally. On the off chance that you need more subtleties, you can counsel a supplier in your general vicinity. By visiting an expert, you will most likely know your alternatives and the cost you should pay.  
    • I appreciate your ideas for new bridal bags with make-up kit here you can have more ideas to choose the best gifts for bridal and groom, It does not like if you pick any expensive gift and will attract your attention among others, I know a platform ( https://www.bestpricefavors.com/product-category/wedding-favors-decorations-supplies/cheap-wedding-favors-ideas/ ) where can buy inexpensive and relevant gift ideas for your partner, friends or relatives.
    • Dapsone  5 percent gel twice daily is recommended for inflammatory acne, especially in adult females with acne
    • The Ordinary is an evolving collection of treatments offering familiar, effective clinical technologies positioned to raise pricing and communication integrity in skincare. The brand was created to celebrate integrity in its most humble and true form. Its offering is pioneering, not in the familiar technologies it uses, but in its honesty and integrity. The Ordinary is born to disallow commodity to be disguised as ingenuity. The Ordinary is "Clinical formulations with integrity". So here are the best line product from The Ordinary that we would like to commanded.     Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% : Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) is indicated to reduce the appearance of skin blemishes and congestion. A high 10% concentration of this vitamin is supported in the formula by zinc salt of pyrrolidone carboxylic acid to balance visible aspects of sebum activity.   Contraindications: If topical Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid and/or Ethylated L-Ascorbic Acid) is used as part of skincare, it should be applied at alternate times with this formula (ideally Vitamin C in the PM and this formula in the AM). Otherwise, Niacinamide can affect integrity of the Vitamin C.     Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2% : Lactic Acid is an alpha hydroxy acid that exfoliates the skin. This 5% formulation offers very mild exfoliation and is supported with a purified Tasmanian pepperberry known to reduce signs of inflammation and sensitivity that is often associated with exfoliation.     Caffeine 5% Solution + EGCG : This light-textured formula contains an extremely high 5% concentration of caffeine, supplemented with highly-purified Epigallocatechin Gallatyl Glucoside (EGCG) from green tea leaves. Independent studies have shown that topical use of each of caffeine and EGCG can help reduce looks of puffiness and of dark circles in the eye contour. Additional studies have shown that caffeine can also reduce the appearance of cellulite.   Buffet This formula combines a comprehensive array of studied technologies to target multiple signs of aging at once. The technologies are Matrixyl? 3000 peptide complex (with palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7), Matrixyl? synthe'6? peptide complex (with palmitoyl tripeptide-38), SYN?-AKE peptide complex (with dipeptide diaminobutyroyl benzylamide diacetate), Relistase peptide complex (with acetylarginyltryptophyl diphenylglycine), ARGIRELOX? peptide complex (with acetyl hexapeptide-8, pentapeptide-18), Probiotic complex (with lactococcus lactis lysate), in a base of 11 skin-friendly amino acids and multiple hyaluronic acid complexes. The total concentration of these technologies in the formula by weight is 25.1%   https://www.goxip.co.th

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook