Favorite makeup packaging?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What makeup jar or bottle, mascara tube, lipstick container etc. do you think looks the best?

I like Japanese and Korean makeup packaging! This brand called Etude House made a line of eyeshadows that came in little tins that looked like cupcakes! Also a brand called Holika Holika has a BB cream with a cute 1-eyed kitty on it! I love it!!

Well, I think I have one of the most uncommon points of view about it, cos a lot of people seems to enjoy the "girlie/coloured/joyful/pretty" kind of makeup packaging, whereas I totally detest that... It gives me the idea that the product itself is crap and they need to mislead with a pretty packaging.

Instead, I prefer a minimal and simple packaging (like Mac), makes me think I have a professional product in my hands... I also appreciate "luxury" and shiny packaging like YSL, just because it looks beautiful and valuable (well, considering the tag price, it eventually really is!!!!)

Well, I think I have one of the most uncommon points of view about it, cos a lot of people seems to enjoy the "girlie/coloured/joyful/pretty" kind of makeup packaging, whereas I totally detest that... It gives me the idea that the product itself is crap and they need to mislead with a pretty packaging. Instead, I prefer a minimal and simple packaging (like Mac), makes me think I have a professional product in my hands... I also appreciate "luxury" and shiny packaging like YSL, just because it looks beautiful and valuable (well, considering the tag price, it eventually really is!!!!)
Im the same.. I prefer simple packaging thats easy on the eyes and the basic of what it does and such. Majority of the time I dont buy cute girly stuff anyways jusy because it doesnt appeal to me.

Hate packaging. My favorite stuff to buy is mac because I can throw it in a black palette. I order the pro shadows and blushes. I hate eyeshadow singles. I even depoted too faced highlighters and bronzes and put them in a mac palette. I love the naked palettes and lorac palettes. Stila is good too. Anything that isn't clunky. It's a little dumb but I avoid single shadows even if I love them because if they aren't in a palette they won't get used. The balm also has nice sleek packaging.

Back