Best Makeup??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
To all the ladies out there, what is the best makeup brand for you? I have this very sensitive skin and so far only Japanese products are the ones that my skin can take like Kokuryo and Nichido. What about you?

The skin on my eyes was very sensitive for a while and the only eyeshadow brand I could use was Tarte. I really like their products anyway so it worked out well. 

I have sensitive skin too! I use La Roche Posay! Everything is so gentle from the foundations to the mascara! It is not a natural or organic brand but my skin tolerate them better than some natural products! Une by Bourjois is also ok for my skin!

I have used :

La Roche-Posay Toleriane Teint, Respectissime Mascara, blush/bronzer, the eye pencils!

Une Intuitive touch BB cream, shadow, lipsticks!

I also have sensitive skin and I use foundation and blush from tarte, specifically the Amazonian Clay one with SPF 15.  I also just got the Colored Clay foundation and CC stick from tarte and so far I like it and no breakouts or reactions from the new formula.

For eyeshadow I mostly use Urban Decay.  It does not irritate my eyes and I also use their eyeshadow primer.  I tried tarte eyeshadows a while ago but was not impressed with the texture/blending and it also looked muddy on my eyes, but I don't have that problem with UD.

For mascara I use tarte Lights Camera Lashes!  Or Revitalash mascara and primer when I want something more dramatic. 

I'm all over the board with lip products and use lots of brands for that, but my favorites are Napoleon Perdis, Neutrogena, and the Kate Spade lipsticks from Rimmel.

Since I have sensitive skin I switched to all natural face care a few years ago and it did wonders for me.  My routine is this:  splash with water only in the morning, no cleanser.  At night I remove makeup with Kiss My Face natural Olive Oil soap and a few times a week use a generic Clarisonic.  The soap is enough to get off mascara too with a little extra care.  Then I apply a light layer of Argan Oil.  After that sinks in I use all natural moisturizer by Earth Sciences, the almond-aloe moisturizer.  A few nights a week I also make a mask at home with honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and avocado if my skin is especially dry.  This helps cleanse, control acne, gently exfoliate, and moisturize and the cinnamon and nutmeg can help even out skin tone as well.  I leave it on for about 1/2 an hour.

I hope some of my tips help you, and good luck with your product search!

also, make sure you use brushes that won't irritate your skin! Hakuhodo brushes are really soft (but not flimsy) and doesn't irritate my skin (eyes and face). they're very high quality and with proper care, will last a long time.

Back