Sign in to follow this  
Courtnee

DOES ANYONE LIKE OR DO GAMING?????? PS3 or XBOX360?

Hey there girls. I was really wanting to know if you like or do gaming? I am getting a little bit tired of playing games and most of the players are guys, you know? If you do, please let me know so I can chat and see what you prefer. :-). This would be great. I don't know if there are any chicks that do, but would like to see and hope so. :-) Courtnee/Bluey :-) :-)

Cool, that's OK, image to be honest, any gaming is cool, you just gotta have the right game. I love ps3 and xbox360 though!!!! But all to their own, right? ;)

I bought a Pikachu 3DS XL last Spring..Unfortunately, I've probably only played it 6 times. I used to game a lot but then I started watching more TV in my free time, or flipping through magazines instead, haha.

• Like 1

Wow, what's battlefield 4 like? I play battlefield bad company 2 and battlefield 3... I love them!!!! As for World of Warcraft, I've never heard of it... :o:)

I have both of those. I used to play just TDM but now I play conquest on bf4. Don't like some of the maps though

• Like 1

Oh, what are some of the maps, are there some from battlefield 2 and 3 or are they completely new ones?

Guest Lihz Stos

I play since Need for speed Underground 2 to thelast one of them :)

• Like 1

Yep I like those games too. The games I like are... Battlefield bad company 2 and battlefield 3, Splinter cell blacklist, Killzone 2 and 3, Home front, The last of us and... Midnightclub LA. What games do you like?

I'm not sure. I haven't played those since bf4 came out so I don't remember
OK, that is cool. I want to try battlefield 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtnee View Post

Hey there girls.
I was really wanting to know if you like or do gaming? I am getting a little bit tired of playing games and most of the players are guys, you know?

If you do, please let me know so I can chat and see what you prefer. :-).
This would be great. I don't know if there are any chicks that do, but would like to see and hope so. :-)
Courtnee/Bluey :-) :-)

I never played this game.. In real I play only Candy Crush Saga... lol

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esthylove View Post

I play battlefield 4 and I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I also play world of warcraft.. LOL

Sigh, so much nostalgia for WoW, especially at this time of year when I just want to do the egghunt as a Shadow Bunny. My husband and I stopped playing during Wrath right after the raid that followed Ulduar was released. Raiding was starting to feel like our second jobs. I still remember I was calculating how to get my hunter geared up (I raided with my Priest and my other characters were undergeared)  during a work break when I received a text from my husband suggesting we quit. Looking at the calculations scattered on my desk, I suddenly felt so relieved and decided that a break was definitely in order. We picked up again at the start of Cata and then quit again within a year. Many of our friends no longer played and were on Oceanic time while we were back on US time. Plus, we once again felt the gearing grind and I hated the dungeon finder system. It killed the sense of server community. We miss what we once had in WoW, but we know we won't have that if we were to return.

I've played several different MMOs since. LoTR for a while - love the story, disliked the clunky game mechanics. TERA - gorgeous, fun playing style, but truly a Korean grinder. Currently playing GW2, which I think has hit the happy medium for us, especially with our busy schedule and current income. We'd love to try ESO, but we both have major licensing exams on the horizon and can't let ourselves get sucked into a new game. 

• Like 1

I play battlefield 4 and I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I also play world of warcraft.. LOL
Sigh, so much nostalgia for WoW, especially at this time of year when I just want to do the egghunt as a Shadow Bunny. My husband and I stopped playing during Wrath right after the raid that followed Ulduar was released. Raiding was starting to feel like our second jobs. I still remember I was calculating how to get my hunter geared up (I raided with my Priest and my other characters were undergeared)  during a work break when I received a text from my husband suggesting we quit. Looking at the calculations scattered on my desk, I suddenly felt so relieved and decided that a break was definitely in order. We picked up again at the start of Cata and then quit again within a year. Many of our friends no longer played and were on Oceanic time while we were back on US time. Plus, we once again felt the gearing grind and I hated the dungeon finder system. It killed the sense of server community. We miss what we once had in WoW, but we know we won't have that if we were to return. I've played several different MMOs since. LoTR for a while - love the story, disliked the clunky game mechanics. TERA - gorgeous, fun playing style, but truly a Korean grinder. Currently playing GW2, which I think has hit the happy medium for us, especially with our busy schedule and current income. We'd love to try ESO, but we both have major licensing exams on the horizon and can't let ourselves get sucked into a new game. 
Well, I was wondering, does GW have a good online community? Thanks.

Hey there girls. I was really wanting to know if you like or do gaming? I am getting a little bit tired of playing games and most of the players are guys, you know? If you do, please let me know so I can chat and see what you prefer. :-). This would be great. I don't know if there are any chicks that do, but would like to see and hope so. :-) Courtnee/Bluey :-) :-)
I never played this game.. In real I play only Candy Crush Saga... lol
Cool
  • Like 2

Quote:

Well, I was wondering, does GW have a good online community?
Thanks.

I haven't interacted much with the community as I've been so busy. I've mostly been playing casually. However, from my observation of chat and behaviors, it's a good community. Much better than some I've seen. If you were familiar with WoW (but I think you indicated you weren't), I would say it's worlds and worlds better than the old Barrens Chat, Trade (*shudder*), and the chat in whatever is the main gathering city for the expansion is. 

I think it really helps that GW2 removed a lot of elements that would cause conflict or division in other games. Instead, I feel like the developers designed the game  with the intention of encouraging players to work together, without making them feel like they are forced to do so. There's open tapping, so cooperation is encouraged and sometimes even needed, and experience points are not negatively impacted by doing so. Each player is on their own loot table, so no fights over who should get what item drop. There's no fight for resource nodes, as cooldown timers on them are based on the individual character rather than the map. As in, Player A mines some ore until the node is exhausted for them and would have to wait for it to respawn in order to mine from there again, but for Player B, the node is still untouched and they can mine it while it still shows as exhausted for A. Another nice thing is that you can be a part of multiple guilds and aren't restricted to just one. 

ETA: However, they just rolled out a new patch that I'm not all that fond of at the moment. I think it makes it less new-player friendly and undermined some of the things I was liking.

• Like 1

Here, sounds interesting. Thanks for the info was quite helpful. I would like to try Gears of War online, would be interesting I think. :D

Quote:

Here, sounds interesting. Thanks for the info was quite helpful.

I would like to try Gears of War online, would be interesting I think. biggrin.gif

Ah, I think we may have been talking about different things. GW2 = Guild Wars 2. =)

• Like 1

Sigh, so much nostalgia for WoW, especially at this time of year when I just want to do the egghunt as a Shadow Bunny. My husband and I stopped playing during Wrath right after the raid that followed Ulduar was released. Raiding was starting to feel like our second jobs. I still remember I was calculating how to get my hunter geared up (I raided with my Priest and my other characters were undergeared)  during a work break when I received a text from my husband suggesting we quit. Looking at the calculations scattered on my desk, I suddenly felt so relieved and decided that a break was definitely in order. We picked up again at the start of Cata and then quit again within a year. Many of our friends no longer played and were on Oceanic time while we were back on US time. Plus, we once again felt the gearing grind and I hated the dungeon finder system. It killed the sense of server community. We miss what we once had in WoW, but we know we won't have that if we were to return. I've played several different MMOs since. LoTR for a while - love the story, disliked the clunky game mechanics. TERA - gorgeous, fun playing style, but truly a Korean grinder. Currently playing GW2, which I think has hit the happy medium for us, especially with our busy schedule and current income. We'd love to try ESO, but we both have major licensing exams on the horizon and can't let ourselves get sucked into a new game. 
I leveled my Mage up to 85 now I'm leveling a priest up to 90. They've changed some stuff and nerfed the crap out of the game. It really does feel like work now. I was thinking that earlier today!
  • Like 1

Here, sounds interesting. Thanks for the info was quite helpful. I would like to try Gears of War online, would be interesting I think. :D
Ah, I think we may have been talking about different things. GW2 = Guild Wars 2. =)
Ohhh, whoops. Sorry, that was a terrible mistake. I thought g stood for gears and w stood for wars. Whooppsies. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeOmega View Post

Sigh, so much nostalgia for WoW, especially at this time of year when I just want to do the egghunt as a Shadow Bunny. My husband and I stopped playing during Wrath right after the raid that followed Ulduar was released. Raiding was starting to feel like our second jobs. I still remember I was calculating how to get my hunter geared up (I raided with my Priest and my other characters were undergeared)  during a work break when I received a text from my husband suggesting we quit. Looking at the calculations scattered on my desk, I suddenly felt so relieved and decided that a break was definitely in order. We picked up again at the start of Cata and then quit again within a year. Many of our friends no longer played and were on Oceanic time while we were back on US time. Plus, we once again felt the gearing grind and I hated the dungeon finder system. It killed the sense of server community. We miss what we once had in WoW, but we know we won't have that if we were to return.

I've played several different MMOs since. LoTR for a while - love the story, disliked the clunky game mechanics. TERA - gorgeous, fun playing style, but truly a Korean grinder. Currently playing GW2, which I think has hit the happy medium for us, especially with our busy schedule and current income. We'd love to try ESO, but we both have major licensing exams on the horizon and can't let ourselves get sucked into a new game. 

Have you tried the newest FF mmo?  That one is really good and I liked it a lot more than GW2 which was dead in the water once you hit max lvl for me.  Endgame raiding was non-existent.  If you like storylines SWTOR was AWESOME until you hit endgame and the guild I was in cleared everything and it just got boring.  Then they switched to FTP and died.  It was already slowly dying due to lack of endgame and lack of storyline/questing once you hit a certain area but I have to say out of all of the MMORPG's I've played, SWTOR had the best storyline questing.  

And I agree with you, WoW will never be like it once was.  I miss vanilla raiding.  I miss the time when an epic was actually an epic.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulippop View Post

Have you tried the newest FF mmo?  That one is really good and I liked it a lot more than GW2 which was dead in the water once you hit max lvl for me.  Endgame raiding was non-existent.  If you like storylines SWTOR was AWESOME until you hit endgame and the guild I was in cleared everything and it just got boring.  Then they switched to FTP and died.  It was already slowly dying due to lack of endgame and lack of storyline/questing once you hit a certain area but I have to say out of all of the MMORPG's I've played, SWTOR had the best storyline questing.  

And I agree with you, WoW will never be like it once was.  I miss vanilla raiding.  I miss the time when an epic was actually an epic.  

My husband says the same thing. He had a bunch of old gear in his bank and I guess you can't get it anymore and he didn't realize he vendered it:icon_eek:! I still think having pandas is weird. It seems so random with the game.. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulippop View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeOmega View Post

So far GW2 is doing fine for me since I'm leveling at a snail's pace. Seriously, snail's pace especially considering how easy it is to get XP in the game. But the last of a monthly subscription fee helps with the taking it easy mentality. I'm currently having a hard time playing without feeling guilty about not studying. 

SWTOR never really appealed to me. I think it may have been the setting. But I did closely follow what was happening to it for a while, given the peculiarities of what EA was reporting numbers-wise. Was is SWTOR that they did a major disservice to, almost entirely overhauling the design relatively late in the design process? Maybe I'm thinking of a different game. 

I haven't tried the FF mmo and I'm actually not sure if it's on the allowed list. My husband apparently really got sucked into the previous iteration of the FF MMO before he met me and then decided he needed to remove himself from it and get a bit more human interaction.