Jump to content
zadidoll

POP Beauty Plump Pout (discussion)

Recommended Posts

Wow, as my uncle would say, these guys are achin' for a shakin'. "FDA-approved?" FDA approval is contingent on products being labeled with the ingredients that are actually present in the product. If you add or remove an ingredient, your FDA approval just went out the window. I really hope that Pop and Ipsy hiding behind the FDA's skirts piques the interest of the FDA. Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed that the FDA hasn't brought the hammer down on all of this yet.

 

My first gloss has definitely skunked, despite smelling fine when I received it, so the "flavoring" story must only be the partial truth at best. I sent e-mails to both Pop and Ipsy on the 5th. I received the:

 

Quote:
"We inspect all our products and always test them out ourselves here in the ipsy office. We didn’t notice that the POP lip gloss smelled unusual, and that’s definitely not the type of experience we wanted you to have!"

 

canned response from Ipsy on the 6th stating they had issued a replacement item (not that I asked for or wanted one), but not a peep from Pop.

 

While I understand that Ipsy doesn't want to throw one of it's favorite partners under the bus, I'd be pretty incensed if I were Ipsy right now, especially if they pulled a bait-and-switch and had Ipsy test drive the full-size pre-reformulation products and then sent samples of a different formulation.

 

I'm looking at my Pop Aqua Lacquer that I received last year in my November Birchbox, and it's made in Taiwan with an ingredients list very similar to the reformulated Plump Pouts. I suspect it's made by the same company using a similar recipe.

 

Aqua Lacquer Full size (Flowering Fuchsia)

Plump Pout Mini

Mineral Oil Mineral Oil
Polyisobutylene Polyisobutylene
Beeswax Beeswax
Diisostearyl Malate Diisostearyl Malate
Silica Silica
Ethyl Hexyl Palmitate Ethyl Hexyl Palmitate
  Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride
  Ethylhexyl Palmitate
  Silica Dimethyl Silylate
  Butylene Glycol
  Hexylene Glycol
  Phenoxyetharol
Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Seed) Oil Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil
Tocopheryl Acetate Tocopheryl Acetate
Propylparaben Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract
Fragrance.  Fragrance
[+/- Iron Oxides (CI 77491 CI 77499 CI 77492) [+/- Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)
Yellow No. 6, Yellow No. 5, Red No. 6, Red No. 7, Red No. 30, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)
  Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)
  Red 6 Lake (CI 158502)
Made in Taiwan. Designed in the USA Made in Taiwan. Designed in the USA
   

 

(P.S. I stole your chart. It has Ethylhexyl palmitate listed 2x in the ingredients, didn't know if this was on the label or a typo in the chart.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by panicked View Post

 

(P.S. I stole your chart. It has Ethylhexyl palmitate listed 2x in the ingredients, didn't know if this was on the label or a typo in the chart.)

 

Which makes me wonder if that label is even accurate at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was brought to my attention that POP Beauty has shut down the ability for people to post on their wall.

 

1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post
 

 

Which makes me wonder if that label is even accurate at all.

 

On either/both products. Also, what's up with the Aqua Lacquer containing 0% aqua?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post
 

It was brought to my attention that POP Beauty has shut down the ability for people to post on their wall.

 

1000

Oh, tsk, tsk.

I will admit, this whole situation has me me look at customer service and etc. with a little more scrutiny. I just want to walk into Ipsy and POP's offices and shake them and say this is not how you fix things, folks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJazz View Post
 

I e-mailed them pretty late last night and they actually replied (from their end) at 1030 last night (1:30 am my time).

E-mail is saying basically what everyone else's is saying:

 

Was this ipsy who wrote you? It seems so by context. Wow. They've really changed their tune as far as treating the customers more carefully and respectfully by the tone of the emails. I'm pretty sure they are closely following @Zadidoll on FaceBook as well as on these threads. That has been one of the biggest complaints-- the flippant and disgusting tone they have taken with the emails.

 

 

nono.gif If you are listening, ipsy-- that is one of the the primary reasons I cancelled my subscription. nono.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear MUT Ladies & Zadi,

 

I want to be clear with what happened regarding my gloss. My experience may or may not reflect the same experience by others who are posting in this thread.

 

I am in a swap group for sub boxes. Naturally people from different regions of the US are members and they receive their subs at different times. 

 

I noticed a thread about the glosses smelling bad, in fact "reeks" is the term that was being used. 

 

I was aware that many people were having issues before I got my bag with the gloss. 

 

I unwrapped the shrink-wrapped gloss handle. I do not recall if the label had any writing on it. Many ladies had said the product smell that was first noticed was that the packaging itself was the problem. The first thing I noticed was that the black top of the gloss/handle of the wand smelled HORRIBLE. First whiff I got was that of a skunk smell. If you have ever had the misfortune to smell a skunk's spray, this was most definitely a ringer for that odor. I reeled back and then decided I would not open the gloss. It was that strong and offensive of an odor. 

 

About a week later I tested the scent of the packaging again. I noticed that the distinct skunk spray odor was gone and replaced by a strong petrochemical smell of burned rubber. The scent was not overwhelming in strength, but distinct and off putting. At this point I attempted to open the gloss in order to smell the product. The product smelled lovely-- like vanilla, but a bit sweeter, more like a vanilla confection. The cap continues to have the burned rubber scent.

 

I am wondering if the ingredients were NOT the issue at all that caused the stench, but rather that chemicals in the black, rubbery top leeched into the product? 

 

Did anyone else have this experience?

 

Please let me know if this happened to you. Zadi needs to understand all the issues anyone has had in order to present this case to the FDA. 

 

Thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindcaviar View Post
 

Dear MUT Ladies & Zadi,

 

I want to be clear with what happened regarding my gloss. My experience may or may not reflect the same experience by others who are posting in this thread.

 

I am in a swap group for sub boxes. Naturally people from different regions of the US are members and they receive their subs at different times. 

 

I noticed a thread about the glosses smelling bad, in fact "reeks" is the term that was being used. 

 

I was aware that many people were having issues before I got my bag with the gloss. 

 

I unwrapped the shrink-wrapped gloss handle. I do not recall if the label had any writing on it. Many ladies had said the product smell that was first noticed was that the packaging itself was the problem. The first thing I noticed was that the black top of the gloss/handle of the wand smelled HORRIBLE. First whiff I got was that of a skunk smell. If you have ever had the misfortune to smell a skunk's spray, this was most definitely a ringer for that odor. I reeled back and then decided I would not open the gloss. It was that strong and offensive of an odor. 

 

About a week later I tested the scent of the packaging again. I noticed that the distinct skunk spray odor was gone and replaced by a strong petrochemical smell of burned rubber. The scent was not overwhelming in strength, but distinct and off putting. At this point I attempted to open the gloss in order to smell the product. The product smelled lovely-- like vanilla, but a bit sweeter, more like a vanilla confection. The cap continues to have the burned rubber scent.

 

I am wondering if the ingredients were NOT the issue at all that caused the stench, but rather that chemicals in the black, rubbery top leeched into the product? 

 

Did anyone else have this experience?

 

Please let me know if this happened to you. Zadi needs to understand all the issues anyone has had in order to present this case to the FDA. 

 

Thank you! 

 

Are you talking about Ipsy Swap on Facebook?

 

I am aware of other people reporting similar things which is why I had at one point in time asked Ipsy and POP Beauty if it's possible that during the shrink wrap process was it possible there was heat damage which resulted in some people's products spoiling while others did not. We will never know without a chemical analysis. It's also possible that there were two (or more issues) that took place including but not excluding the packaging being made from plastic that's not safe for cosmetics, contamination from product spoilage, contamination due to heat exposure, ingredients being misidentified, excess ingredients having been added (such as some batch contained a higher level of plumping agent, some containing not enough), flavoring ingredient being left out (which was admitted to) and other unknown factors.

 

I'm hoping as more people take this seriously they will report it to the FDA. The more reports the better as it would give the FDA more reason to look into the matter.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post
 

 

Are you talking about Ipsy Swap on Facebook?

 

Yes. This is how I first discovered there was an issue. So I knew of the issue before I actually received my ipsy bag. 

 

t's also possible that there were two (or more issues) that took place including but not excluding the packaging being made from plastic that's not safe for cosmetics, contamination from product spoilage, contamination due to heat exposure, ingredients being misidentified, excess ingredients having been added (such as some batch contained a higher level of plumping agent, some containing not enough), flavoring ingredient being left out (which was admitted to) and other unknown factors.

 

How does one get a chemical analysis? What does it cost to do so? I am sure it is expensive, but wondering if you know these answers. 

 

I'm hoping as more people take this seriously they will report it to the FDA. The more reports the better as it would give the FDA more reason to look into the matter.

 

If you think it is better to have multiple reports I will do it. But I am wondering if one person or one group or party can report for many people? 

 

I would also like to say that I have quite a keen sense of smell. Perhaps some people had similar issues with their product but did not notice due to poor sense of smell whether by birth, by allergies, having sinus issues due to cold or flu, etc. I am seriously concerned about this. It's one thing to worry about a powder that would not likely  be transferred transdermally. But a lip product seems to pose more issues in that it is both topical and ingested.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you talking about Ipsy Swap on Facebook? I am aware of other people reporting similar things which is why I had at one point in time asked Ipsy and POP Beauty if it's possible that during the shrink wrap process was it possible there was heat damage which resulted in some people's products spoiling while others did not. We will never know without a chemical analysis. It's also possible that there were two (or more issues) that took place including but not excluding the packaging being made from plastic that's not safe for cosmetics, contamination from product spoilage, contamination due to heat exposure, ingredients being misidentified, excess ingredients having been added (such as some batch contained a higher level of plumping agent, some containing not enough), flavoring ingredient being left out (which was admitted to) and other unknown factors. I'm hoping as more people take this seriously they will report it to the FDA. The more reports the better as it would give the FDA more reason to look into the matter.
I noticed that for the week or so that I used my product (before it got smelly), I never got the plumping effect. It didn't tingle whatsoever, which is what I've come to expect from plumping lip products. Now after my gloss "turned", it started to tingle slightly, then burned my lips (similar feeling to a bad sunburn if you accidentally scratch it). I ended up taking Benadryl and putting hydrocortisone on my mouth after washing the product off, just in case it was some sort of allergic reaction. That time that I put it on is when I first noticed the smell. It was strange because I always capped it tightly and everything. The lack of plumping/over plumping makes me wonder if the issue could partially have been that the plumping agent wasn't fully mixed in or randomly settled to the bottom or something. Obviously there are multiple different issues going on this month, but this is just what happened on my end of things and my speculations of possible causes. And like you have said, we won't know for sure without a chemical analysis of some sort.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:

Originally Posted by mindcaviar View Post

 

Yes. This is how I first discovered there was an issue. So I knew of the issue before I actually received my ipsy bag. 

 

How does one get a chemical analysis? What does it cost to do so? I am sure it is expensive, but wondering if you know these answers. 

 

If you think it is better to have multiple reports I will do it. But I am wondering if one person or one group or party can report for many people? 

 

I would also like to say that I have quite a keen sense of smell. Perhaps some people had similar issues with their product but did not notice due to poor sense of smell whether by birth, by allergies, having sinus issues due to cold or flu, etc. I am seriously concerned about this. It's one thing to worry about a powder that would not likely  be transferred transdermally. But a lip product seems to pose more issues in that it is both topical and ingested.

 

A chemical analysis is conducted by a laboratory - the one I'm familiar with SGS - how it's done exactly I'm not 100% sure other than the samples are taken and placed into a machine that breaks down the ingredients into the individual components. As for cost, unknown. My contact at SGS no longer is with SGS so I don't have one there now. :( I do think multiple reports is helpful as it will show it's widespread and not a "small batch". Like I told the FDA in my complaint, these items do not contain a lot or batch number so there is no way to know how many were affected or how many batches were made.

 

I have also heard of some reporting flu-like/cold-like symptoms within days of using the product however no way to determine if the lipgloss is the cause of if was coincidental.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup. And what's funny if they came out a week ago and simply said, "Dear Ipsters, We've recently discovered that there was a manufacturing issue with the Plump Pout minis and at this time we are asking that you please discontinue using these items until we can verify safety of these items." That simple. By making claims of an flavoring issue but it's "safe" and if it turns out that is not the case and it was more than that then imagine all the hot water they'll be in.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindcaviar View Post
 

Dear MUT Ladies & Zadi,

 

I want to be clear with what happened regarding my gloss. My experience may or may not reflect the same experience by others who are posting in this thread.

 

I am in a swap group for sub boxes. Naturally people from different regions of the US are members and they receive their subs at different times. 

 

I noticed a thread about the glosses smelling bad, in fact "reeks" is the term that was being used. 

 

I was aware that many people were having issues before I got my bag with the gloss. 

 

I unwrapped the shrink-wrapped gloss handle. I do not recall if the label had any writing on it. Many ladies had said the product smell that was first noticed was that the packaging itself was the problem. The first thing I noticed was that the black top of the gloss/handle of the wand smelled HORRIBLE. First whiff I got was that of a skunk smell. If you have ever had the misfortune to smell a skunk's spray, this was most definitely a ringer for that odor. I reeled back and then decided I would not open the gloss. It was that strong and offensive of an odor. 

 

About a week later I tested the scent of the packaging again. I noticed that the distinct skunk spray odor was gone and replaced by a strong petrochemical smell of burned rubber. The scent was not overwhelming in strength, but distinct and off putting. At this point I attempted to open the gloss in order to smell the product. The product smelled lovely-- like vanilla, but a bit sweeter, more like a vanilla confection. The cap continues to have the burned rubber scent.

 

I am wondering if the ingredients were NOT the issue at all that caused the stench, but rather that chemicals in the black, rubbery top leeched into the product? 

 

Did anyone else have this experience?

 

Please let me know if this happened to you. Zadi needs to understand all the issues anyone has had in order to present this case to the FDA. 

 

Thank you! 

I had a very similar incident to yours. I took off the plastic and the outside of it smelled like a skunk. I didn't open it and I figured it was just the outer packaging because sometimes they have that funny smell for a while. About 2 weeks or so later I finally decided to use it. The outer smell was gone but once I opened it, it was the worst smelling thing ever. It caught me so off guard and so strong it made me lose my breath and go into a coughing fit. I'm not one who is sensitive to smells or anything like that, so for it to do that to me really says something. Like I said in my earlier post, I was put off by the way Ipsy had told me to review the ingredients like there was a certain fragrance in there that I don't like. There is obviously something wrong with them other than a "flavouring issue". It also seems like people either got one that isn't so bad like yours or the really bad ones like mine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyLouBou View Post
 

 It caught me so off guard and so strong it made me lose my breath and go into a coughing fit. I'm not one who is sensitive to smells or anything like that, so for it to do that to me really says something.

 

Oh, wow! That's terrible. :(

 

 

Like I said in my earlier post, I was put off by the way Ipsy had told me to review the ingredients like there was a certain fragrance in there that I don't like.

 

I got the same condescending canned response. It was a non-apology closely followed by gaslighting. (anyone interested in learning what this term is, please Google it-- it's worth the peek if you don't know the definition.)

 

There is obviously something wrong with them other than a "flavouring issue". It also seems like people either got one that isn't so bad like yours or the really bad ones like mine.

 

Not so bad is still UNACCEPTABLE. What if these lip glosses are literally poisonous?

 

I am tired of industries cutting corners for profits and putting consumers at risk. It happens regularly. I am also tired of people pretending as if this is some sort of "out of this world scenario" or some "crazy oddity." All you have to do is read the paper-- mainstreams ones-- online or off-- to know this is common.

 

How many recalled drugs and medical issues must we see in advertisements of lawsuits to realize we are being played as guinea pigs? Easier to settle than to pay for better ingredients, more thorough testing, better technology and production techniques. The FDA is after all the FOOD AND DRUG association.

 

 soap.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just posting my interaction with Ipsy, per Zadidoll's request.  I have removed any info that is personal or identifying.  Sorry this is so late in coming!

 

MAR 07, 2014  |  11:46AM PST
Original message
XXXX wrote:

Hello,

I cancelled my subscription a few days ago and gave the reason as primarily (xxxx) chose this one to cancel because I was concerned about the quality of a particular brand product you seem to send often. From what I can tell, I will be far from the first person to notify you of this issue. My Pop Beauty lip gloss smelled horribly of chemicals, and (xxxx), I was afraid to even put it on. I realize this was most likely an issue that you were unaware of before the bags went out. What has really disappointed me is not that there was an issue with the product, but the way in which the issue has been handled. I would have expected Ipsy to be more proactive in solving the issue. I did not email your customer service about the issue myself, as I saw multiple posts in forums and blogs on the internet that people had contacted Ipsy and were basically told there was no problem. It would have been good customer service to issue replacement items, even though I'm sure that would be a large undertaking with all bags containing the gloss. Your company could have at least sent an apology email, or an email asking if the specific customer had an issue, or an announcement that an extra item would be included in the following month because of the lip gloss problem.
 

I'm sure you are already well aware of this, but the quality of customer service means A LOT to a subscriber.
 

I know as just a single customer I'm not going to make any difference to your bottom line, but chances are that if this is the way I feel, there may be many more out there that feel the same way even if they don't tell you about it.

 

MAR 09, 2014  |  11:21AM PDT

XXXX replied:

Hi XXXX,

Thank you for contacting ipsyCare! I'm sorry to hear that you were misinformed about the POP situation. That is not the way that we handled this issue. Users are always encouraged to contact ipsyCare if there is ever an issue with one of our products. We did not issue a large announcement as this was a situation that needed to be resolved in a case by case basis. While the majority of users reported a foul smelling product, there were still many who reported that their product contained the vanilla scent that was intended.

As a result of a manufacturing mistake, the flavor/fragrance normally included in the gloss was accidentally left out of some batches. While the smell was off, we have assurance from POP that the product is safe. We're sincerely sorry that your first experience with this product was poor.

I've sent a bonus item out to your address as an extra thank you for sharing this with us. We rely on our community to keep us informed. I'd also encourage you to reach out to POP Beauty customer service regarding your experience with this gloss.

Both ipsy and POP are committed to providing only the best for our customers, and we’ll be working hard to avoid such mistakes in the future.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns -- I'd be happy to help.

Best regards,

XXXX

PS. For more information about ipsy and our Glam Bags, check our our FAQ: http://help.ipsy.com/

MAR 09, 2014  |  12:58PM PDT

XXXX replied:

Hello,

Thank you for your quick response,  it is greatly appreciated. 

I realize this issue is not your company's fault and has probably turned into a customer service nightmare.  I also realize you can only go by what Pop Beauty has told you.  However, I must respectfully say that I believe their explanation is incorrect and untruthful.  I don't know if you have had a chance to smell (or use) one of the glosses in question, but the foul odor is extremely strong.  I don't think there is any flavoring ingredient that could change or cover that smell to where it smells like vanilla.  I'm not saying Pop is purposely being untruthful, as they may be taking the word of the manufacturer,  and the manufacturer may not even be fully aware of what went wrong.  Unless testing is done I don't see how they can give a definitive answer, and if they have done testing they have not made their customers aware of it.

I appreciate you sending an item to replace the gloss - just please don't send me another Plump Pout gloss!

I did send Pop an email right before I sent one to you, and if you are interested in their response I will let you know when I hear from them.

XXXX

MAR 09, 2014  |  01:16PM PDT

XXXX replied:

 

Hi XXXX,

 

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts. I received a POP gloss myself this month and while my sample did not smell like vanilla, the smell did not render it useless. That is just my opinion, and just my perspective based on my sample. We're sorry to hear that you're disappointed and because of that we wouldn't send you the same product that you were initially dissatisfied with-- please accept our sincerest apologies. We've learned a valuable lesson this month, and we'll definitely use this experience to improve going forward.

Best regards,
XXXX

 

Just out of curiosity, if you were offered a replacement item, did they send you tracking information?  I haven't seen anything yet.  Of course, I wouldn't really blame them if they don't send me a replacement after all since I cancelled my sub.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm officially freaking out. I'm just now finding all this out!! What exactly is going on with the gloss? Who do I contact for a replacement? I tried to read this entire thread but I'm legally blind and can't read it all. Thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetPS View Post

I'm officially freaking out. I'm just now finding all this out!! What exactly is going on with the gloss? Who do I contact for a replacement? I tried to read this entire thread but I'm legally blind and can't read it all. Thanks

Ah, oh my! Don't freak out; you're in good hands on MUT! :hug:

Does your gloss have the funky scent? If so, you should probably contact Ipsy and POP by email.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Little side note, the whole POP plump pout gloss issue was brought up on the March forum over at ipsy's site. There were the usual abrasive, if-you-don't-like-it-unsubscribe etc., comments. But I was kind of unnerved by how many people (even some who thought their lip glosses smelled like gasoline) had no idea about POP's manufacturing error. It just makes me bristle! This is exactly why Ipsy should have sent out an email to make everyone aware that safety concerns have been brought to their attention about the glosses. At the end of the day, the lip glosses very well may be perfectly safe, but when there's enough evidence to call into question the safety of a product, that's when customers should at least be made aware.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna just throw my opinion out there. I think pop and ipsy don't want to admit to any of this openly, because they don't want to lose business due to less subscribers, and because they don't want to have to mail replacements to the high number of people who actually complain. I also think they got way over their heads by replacing minis with full size products. I don't believe for a minute that this was a small issue. I do believe many people haven't contacted them. Doesn't mean their product was good or safe. Now. I'm not one to go around waving an American flag and screeching that everything here is perfect simply because it is manufactured here. But there's a reason so many people no longer like going to Wal-Mart, for instance. When things were made in the u.s., they were better quality because there were higher standards. As soon as outsourcing goes to certain other countries, quality almost always seems to drop significantly. They send the work there because it's cheaper, and by the same token, the product is usually cheaper, also. To say the problem lies in "forgetting an ingredient" is ridiculous, imo. Especially considering this is an entirely different manufacturer, with different and possibly less stringent guidelines, and with a different formula. So much dishonesty here. Yet, for the most part, we're made to feel that it doesn't matter, it's no biggie, use it anyway and stfu? I don't think so. Chemical burns aren't what I call "safe". *bangs head on desk*

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by With2Ls View Post
 

Just posting my interaction with Ipsy, per Zadidoll's request.  I have removed any info that is personal or identifying.  Sorry this is so late in coming!

 

MAR 07, 2014  |  11:46AM PST
Original message
XXXX wrote:

Hello,

I cancelled my subscription a few days ago and gave the reason as primarily (xxxx) chose this one to cancel because I was concerned about the quality of a particular brand product you seem to send often. From what I can tell, I will be far from the first person to notify you of this issue. My Pop Beauty lip gloss smelled horribly of chemicals, and (xxxx), I was afraid to even put it on. I realize this was most likely an issue that you were unaware of before the bags went out. What has really disappointed me is not that there was an issue with the product, but the way in which the issue has been handled. I would have expected Ipsy to be more proactive in solving the issue. I did not email your customer service about the issue myself, as I saw multiple posts in forums and blogs on the internet that people had contacted Ipsy and were basically told there was no problem. It would have been good customer service to issue replacement items, even though I'm sure that would be a large undertaking with all bags containing the gloss. Your company could have at least sent an apology email, or an email asking if the specific customer had an issue, or an announcement that an extra item would be included in the following month because of the lip gloss problem.
 

I'm sure you are already well aware of this, but the quality of customer service means A LOT to a subscriber.
 

I know as just a single customer I'm not going to make any difference to your bottom line, but chances are that if this is the way I feel, there may be many more out there that feel the same way even if they don't tell you about it.

 

MAR 09, 2014  |  11:21AM PDT

XXXX replied:

Hi XXXX,

Thank you for contacting ipsyCare! I'm sorry to hear that you were misinformed about the POP situation. That is not the way that we handled this issue. Users are always encouraged to contact ipsyCare if there is ever an issue with one of our products. We did not issue a large announcement as this was a situation that needed to be resolved in a case by case basis. While the majority of users reported a foul smelling product, there were still many who reported that their product contained the vanilla scent that was intended.

As a result of a manufacturing mistake, the flavor/fragrance normally included in the gloss was accidentally left out of some batches. While the smell was off, we have assurance from POP that the product is safe. We're sincerely sorry that your first experience with this product was poor.

I've sent a bonus item out to your address as an extra thank you for sharing this with us. We rely on our community to keep us informed. I'd also encourage you to reach out to POP Beauty customer service regarding your experience with this gloss.

Both ipsy and POP are committed to providing only the best for our customers, and we’ll be working hard to avoid such mistakes in the future.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns -- I'd be happy to help.

Best regards,

XXXX

PS. For more information about ipsy and our Glam Bags, check our our FAQ: http://help.ipsy.com/

MAR 09, 2014  |  12:58PM PDT

XXXX replied:

Hello,

Thank you for your quick response,  it is greatly appreciated. 

I realize this issue is not your company's fault and has probably turned into a customer service nightmare.  I also realize you can only go by what Pop Beauty has told you.  However, I must respectfully say that I believe their explanation is incorrect and untruthful.  I don't know if you have had a chance to smell (or use) one of the glosses in question, but the foul odor is extremely strong.  I don't think there is any flavoring ingredient that could change or cover that smell to where it smells like vanilla.  I'm not saying Pop is purposely being untruthful, as they may be taking the word of the manufacturer,  and the manufacturer may not even be fully aware of what went wrong.  Unless testing is done I don't see how they can give a definitive answer, and if they have done testing they have not made their customers aware of it.

I appreciate you sending an item to replace the gloss - just please don't send me another Plump Pout gloss!

I did send Pop an email right before I sent one to you, and if you are interested in their response I will let you know when I hear from them.

XXXX

MAR 09, 2014  |  01:16PM PDT

XXXX replied:

 

Hi XXXX,

 

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts. I received a POP gloss myself this month and while my sample did not smell like vanilla, the smell did not render it useless. That is just my opinion, and just my perspective based on my sample. We're sorry to hear that you're disappointed and because of that we wouldn't send you the same product that you were initially dissatisfied with-- please accept our sincerest apologies. We've learned a valuable lesson this month, and we'll definitely use this experience to improve going forward.

Best regards,
XXXX

 

Just out of curiosity, if you were offered a replacement item, did they send you tracking information?  I haven't seen anything yet.  Of course, I wouldn't really blame them if they don't send me a replacement after all since I cancelled my sub.

I wrote to both POP and Ipsy. POP didn't offer a full size gloss but Ipsy said to request one from them. I emailed POP with what Ipsy said and then they sent a one line email asking for what shade I wanted and my mailing address. Ipsy said they would send me another item but I have not heard back from them on one of my accounts. On one account I was told I would be getting a lipstick in the shade Pixie but no tracking from either account. I wonder if I should write back to them since this was all on Friday. Also POP didn't respond after I sent them my mailing address. I am very disappointed in the way both companies are handling the issue specially with something so serious.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


  • Posts

    • Hey! I'm 28 years old and I've NEVER been able to find makeup that works for me. Foundation is my downfall. I put it on and it somehow goes all patchy and funny coloured on my skin. I've tried mousse type, liquid and powder. I just always look ridiculous so I never wear it. (I have oily skin in parts and large pores)   Does anyone else have this problem? Any advice? Foundations to try? Am I supposed to use something under the foundation? I'm a total beginner!
    • If you are familiar with Peltor headsets, you have probably been initiated to a world of quality and great value. Probably one of the most popular Peltor products is its line of excellent headsets. When it comes to the best sounding headsets, Peltor is the name that you can definitely trust. Take the Peltor HTB79A-02 Listen-Only headset for instance. Among many Peltor headsets that wowed audiophiles of various shapes and sizes, the Peltor HTB79A-02 is no doubt one of the most popular. It combines all the great qualities that customers look for in headsets.  As you read on, you will understand why Peltor headsets are hailed by critics as the best in the market today.   Peltor Headsets Features   Compared to ordinary headphones, Peltor headsets, like other high-tech ear muffs, are equipped with extraordinary hearing protection mechanism. In fact, by testing the Peltor HTB79A-02 Listen-Only headset, you will instantly understand why a lot of sonic freaks love this particular model. But even if you are not a technical sound geek, the Peltor HTB79A-02, like all Peltor headsets, can be easily appreciated. The Peltor HTB79A-02 is designed to isolate unwanted noise while listening to various types of media. Whether you will be using it with your old school listening equipment or any modern media player formats, its 25db noise isolation mechanism ensures that every listening experience is worthwhile. A lot of Peltor headsets are designed to shutdown unnecessary noise and hiss but the Peltor HTB79A-02 sure stands out when it comes to making any audio track ring out with pristine quality and unbelievable quality, more information about hearing protection you can read on Mentoolbox.com. Unlike other brands such as Koss, Philips, Skullcandy, and even Bose, Peltor headsets cancel unwanted sonic impurities without diminishing the overall dynamics of an audio track. This means that Peltor headsets are especially designed and manufactured to retain the nuances of any recording.  Now, some of you may complain that this particular model, unlike past Peltor headsets, is not that loud enough. Of course it is. The Peltor HTB79A-02 is made this way on purpose. Most Peltor headsets are designed to produce sounds exceeding 85db but the Peltor HTB79A-02 Listen-Only headset is different. This headset is designed for a more, well, quieter listening experience. Compared to other headset brands and models, the Peltor HTB79A-02 is designed to prevent deadening your aural faculties. This means that even if you listen to loud music with Peltor headsets for many hours, you will not experience any displeasure in your eardrums. Apart from these unique features, the HTB79A-02, like all Peltor headsets are built to last for many years. The manufacturers use only the most durable materials so that you can enjoy noise-free aural pleasure for a longer time.
    • When you use a beauty or a skincare product you usually don’t care about what’s inside. And most of the time this approach works very well. You receive an expected result. Everything is Ok. But sometimes the things may go wrong and you may receive a strong irritation, redness and other types of bad relations. Sometimes this happen and most of the time the reason is the allergens. We have prepared a list of the strongest allergens in the world that are used by the manufacturers of beauty and skincare products. You may find these allergens in your creams, shampoos, toners, lipsticks and so on. They may lead to problems with your skin! If you see one of the components, don’t buy this product or use it with strong attention! ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE AMYLCINNAMALDEHYDE ANISE ALCOHOL BENZYL ALCOHOL BENZYL BENZOATE BENZYL CINNAMATE BENZYL SALICYLATE CINNAMAL CINNAMYL ALCOHOL CITRAL CITRONELLOL COUMARIN EUGENOL EVERNIA FURFURACEA (OAKMOSS LICHEN) EXTRACT EVERNIA PRUNASTRI (RING LICHEN) EXTRACT FARNESOL GERANIOL Herbal Extract Herbal Extract HEXYL CINNAMAL HYDROXYCITRONELLAL ISOEUGENOL LEMON LILIAL LIMONENE LINALOOL LYRAL METHYL 2-OCTYNOATE For more details about why these components are marked as allergens read on our website: https://cosmily.com/ingredients/cosmetic-allergy-triggers The website also offers Ingredients analyzer tool that will help you to identify bad components in your beauty and skincare products.
    • I need an aged twitter accounts for sale here. What do you say?
    • Easy and comfortable handle Polyhedral corner design Tiny and portable Rotating massage Renew your look good Accelerate cream absorption 6000 times per minute ion micro-vibration 24K gold-plated facial massager. The skin can absorb nutrients more effectively, since dirt and superfluous keratin is removed cleanly. The refined vibrations target depth cells, promoting metabolism and eliminating waste as well as burning fat. The refined vibrations cause molecular frictions inside the skin and the temperature rises, resulting in a multiplier effect with the massage. Promote the absorb effect of maquillage and wipe out the secretion of keratin Prevents aging while enhancing immunity Promote the face blood circulation and metabolism so slack and improve the phenomenon of natural sodium Great for skin & promote blood circulation Elegant design & convenient to carry Model Number: Energy Beauty Tool Brand Name: Aichun Size: 195mm Material: Metal Type: Beauty Instrument Manufacturing Process: Machine Made color: golden Rated voltage: DC 1.5V Frequency: 6000 rotations per minute Power: 1*AA battery(Not included) Total length: 195mm Handle diameter: 16mm T-shape head: 33*6mm Bag size: 165*50mm Buy Now : https://www.ziloshop.com/collections/beauty-personal-care/products/24k-gold-energy-beauty-bar?variant=30146767847484

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×