Primer that makes your makeup last all day

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi ladies. I've seen many primers that claim to provide a smooth canvas, control oil, or minimize pores. But I'm looking for a good primer that will primarily make my makeup last long and all day. Haven't found one that does that yet!

I have tried the Maybelline Baby Skin, Lancome base, bare minerals primetime, Smashbox, and Make Up For Ever. Out of the following the MUFE is the best.

Any other drugstore or mid-range product recommendations? Thank you!!!!

I personally use Lancôme Base and love it! It last all day and the makeup goes on over it very smoothly and cleanly. Love it!

I've only liked Tarte's face primers. All others break me out or just don't work for me.

It seems like possibly the silicone-based primers aren't working well for your skin.  I really like Korres Pomegranate primer and I'm always on the lookout for other non-silicone primers to try too. 

I recently bought the Hard Candy Sheer Envy Dark Spot Correcting Primer (mainly for the dark spot correcting part), but I actually have been really impressed by how well my makeup stays on! I haven't noticed a huge improvement in hiding my dark spots, but damn does it really create a nice canvas to apply makeup to! I use Kat Von D's Lock It Tattoo Foundation, and I can get about 12 hours of wear before I start to look oily or notice that any of the makeup has transferred. It goes on more like a cream than an actual silicone primer too which I really like. 

Yes the loreal pore vanisher is a new drug store primer. It is seriously amazing! It is no a silicone based product but more a thick cream. I have used a lot and that one is my favorite my makeup has never looked better Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back