What liquid foundation do you swear by?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello friends,

I have a question for you.

I’ve been using Makeup Forever’s liquid foundation for the past year. It works with my skin, but I noticed I have been getting more blackheads (but I should expect that to happen.)
I recently bought Kat Von D’s liquid foundation to see if it would be better for my combination skin but I don’t know how I feel about it …
Do any of you wear her liquid foundation and love it or hate it?
Better yet, what liquid foundations do you swear by?

My skin will appreciate your responses!

I use Clarins Skin Illusion. It's on the light to medium coverage end, and it always makes my skin feel wonderful after i take it off at night. I have combo skin and have not had any problems with it breaking me out.

I really wanted to love the KVD foundation, full coverage is my jam! But I found it hard to work with, it could be the color was not spot on or just too thick of a product. I tried everything bb, flat top kabuki, fingers, adding cream, adding tarte oil. Really wanted to love it.
icon_sad.gif

I'm still on the hunt for my HG product....

I've been using Juice Beauty for foundation. I think I've had it for a month so far, and I really like it. I don't have any big skin problems. Mostly I just have redness that comes and goes on my skin which is why I wanted a foundation. I use a light amount of it, and it covers up my redness. My skin is also combination. I don't know how my face can be so oily but flaky dry too. I don't think that Juice Beauty has a huge color selection for foundations. I'm very pale and use their lightest shade. So, far I think it might be my HG.

Quote: Originally Posted by SaraP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I really wanted to love the KVD foundation, full coverage is my jam! But I found it hard to work with, it could be the color was not spot on or just too thick of a product. I tried everything bb, flat top kabuki, fingers, adding cream, adding tarte oil. Really wanted to love it.
icon_sad.gif

I agree about the KVD. I use it now almost like a concealer and it works very well for that. It's a bit dry and heavy for a full face on me.

Quote: Originally Posted by eucala08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've been using Juice Beauty for foundation. I think I've had it for a month so far, and I really like it. I don't have any big skin problems. Mostly I just have redness that comes and goes on my skin which is why I wanted a foundation. I use a light amount of it, and it covers up my redness. My skin is also combination. I don't know how my face can be so oily but flaky dry too. I don't think that Juice Beauty has a huge color selection for foundations. I'm very pale and use their lightest shade. So, far I think it might be my HG.
So I took your advice and tried Juice Beauty concealer and foundation today at my local Ulta. I FRIGGIN LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT! I love them both! Ivory (the lightest shade) works for my skintone. I love the way it feels- it's like a nice moisturizer. It's sheer, but leaves a really nice dewy finish and evens my skintone and conceals redness. Wow! I am so stoked. Also, it's one of the very few foundations on the market that doesn't have silicone.

Can I ask how you normally apply it? What brush you use? Do you use a primer? I just used the little makeup sponge in the store, and it worked pretty well, and for the concealer I just used my fingers.

Yeah, unfortunately, it looked like they only have 3 shades. That's too bad. But luckily one of them works for us.

Just FYI for anyone else wanting to try it- Juice Beauty is also sold at Whole Foods and they have testers there too.

Quote: Originally Posted by eastofthesun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I took your advice and tried Juice Beauty concealer and foundation today at my local Ulta. I FRIGGIN LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT! I love them both! Ivory (the lightest shade) works for my skintone. I love the way it feels- it's like a nice moisturizer. It's sheer, but leaves a really nice dewy finish and evens my skintone and conceals redness. Wow! I am so stoked. Also, it's one of the very few foundations on the market that doesn't have silicone.

Can I ask how you normally apply it? What brush you use? Do you use a primer? I just used the little makeup sponge in the store, and it worked pretty well, and for the concealer I just used my fingers.

Yeah, unfortunately, it looked like they only have 3 shades. That's too bad. But luckily one of them works for us.

Just FYI for anyone else wanting to try it- Juice Beauty is also sold at Whole Foods and they have testers there too.
Glad it worked for you! I haven't tried their concealer yet. I'll have to try it now. (I still don't have a HG concealer and had just quit using concealer out of frustration)

I've been using a primer. Right now I use the Tarte Poreless primer under it. I use Real Techniques stippling brush to apply it. I'll pump out about a dime amount and just casually put it a little on the forehead, nose, cheeks and chin. I'll blend it using the stippling brush. If I need more, I'll just add more to that area and use the brush to blend. I tried using the brush to place the product on the skin and to blend, but the coverage was uneven. Sometimes it'd put too much on area of the skin and look bad.

Did you try anything else from that brand? I haven't tried anything else other than the foundation..

Quote: Originally Posted by SaraP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
icon_sad.gif

I agree with you about KVD's foundation; I wanted to like it but it was not fun to apply.
And good luck to you ...

Quote: Originally Posted by Chaotic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hourglass Immaculate. I've had it a week and love it.
Thanks hun, I will try it.

Thanks I gotta pass by Whole Foods, I really am excited to try this out now.

How is the concealer for undereye?? I use the CC cream most days -- especially now that it's sunny and I'll be spending more time outdoors!! I used to apply with fingers, but the coverage is way better using the RT Face Brush.

I have been looking at the concealer -- I find anything too thicky/creamy just gets crackly and dry under my eyes.  I end up using a light illuminating concealer + powder concealer for coverage.  the JB concealer seems like it might be a more natural option for me.  I was planning on going to Whole Foods tomorrow anyways, so perhaps I'll just try it there....

I've been using Makeup Forever's HD foundation for a long time and have always really loved it.  I have not had any problems with my skin at all, but I know my sister used to use it and she stopped - and I think it was because she was having some problems with blackheads as well.  She has been using Tarte Amazonian foundation and really loves it -she gets full coverage and it seems to be kind to her skin.  She has been trying to get me to switch - I actually tried it at Sephora 2 weeks ago and I really loved to color match - I'm thinking of giving it a try.

I love Givenchy's Photo'Perfexion Fluid Foundation. I had originally gotten a sample of it in a Sephora order and I just fell in love.

I tried the KVD foundation, and hated it. It was so cakey, and accentuated my dry skin like crazy. I have yet to find my HG foundation, but some ones I really like are NARS Sheer Glow, YSL Youth Liberator, Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1, and Guerlain Tenue de Perfection.

I love urban decays naked skin foundation or loreal true match lumi both have good coverage I don't like full coverage looks cakey on me I like light to medium and if I'm having a breakout I use maybelline fit me Concealer

I am a liquid foundation kind of girl and I have combo/dry skin. For higher end products I enjoy Laura Mercier moisture supreme. It gives medium but buildable coverage and is very good for my combo days and I never feel too oily. I also really enjoy the Nars sheer glow foundation. That one is definitely a dewy foundation so if you are really oily it may not work well for you. I am thinking of jumping into YSL Teinte eclat or the Giorgio Armani Maestro foundation next.

I have combination skin and normally prefer higher end brands, but Rimmel Stay Matte foundation became my new favorite. It has full coverage with powdery finish, and it's a great drugstore dupe for my other favorite - Hourglass immaculate foundation (which retails for $55 btw).

I pretty much only use liquids on myself and clients (unless they request.) For myself I need full coverage so I love Lancome's Teint Idole. I liked the look of the KVD, but after a few weeks of wearing it my face kept breaking out. For client's I'll use anything depending on their specific needs but usually end up going with Makeup Forever HD, Lancome Teint Idole, Dior Nude or Tarte Amazonian Clay.

Back