MissJexie

Korean /Asian Beauty and Skincare Talk!

Well, that's worrisome!  I guess then that it might be okay to get it from somewhere else.  Has anyone got it from somewhere OTHER than RRS and received a different batch number?

Heres what my email said:

When we check inventory to look into it, we have some defected items like you.

It seems like Mizon produced defected items

We would like to refund for the item because Mizon says that they will make it discontinued...

I bought my last bottle from Beauteque and it was clear of any floaters and had a different batch number.

I kind of want to know if Mizon has any contact info with english-understanding customer service so I can contact them and find out what's going on. I don't want my toner to go away :(

• Like 1

Wasn't there worries that it was being discontinued before? I think I read that on Snow White and the Asian pear. And it wasn't discontinued, Mizon was just having a hard time keeping up with the demand. Maybe that's the same situation here?

It does seem odd and worrying that two different products have had issues from RRS. 

Edited by blinded

The problem could stem from RRS storing it in a too warm store room, giving the mold a perfect environment to grow.

• Like 1

We would like to refund for the item because Mizon says that they will make it discontinued..

RRS has said that items are being discontinued before and it wasn't the case at all tbh. I think they said that about the Mizon Starfish cream? And it's still being made. I think that they may not have a canned response to explain that Mizon isn't shipping them more at the moment until the mess gets sorted out or whatever is actually going on. 

• Like 1

they still haven't gotten around to me yet - they last responded yesterday at 7:19pm

Hello, friend!
Thank you for your quick response :)
On the other hand, we sincerely apologize to you for this inconveniences caused by a unexpected accident.. 
Of course, I don't recommend to use it because we never want customer to have any break out nor trouble due to our product...
Please just throw it out and could you wait for our contact to you about re-sending process? It would be very soon..
I really appreciate your cooperation understanding again

Sincerely

RoseRoseShop

I've also heard that all the contaminated Benton Essences came from RRS as well...which makes me think that maybe they don't store their products properly or something. Can't be a coincidence!

Hmm--my horrifying Benton Aloe toner was sent to me by RRS right around this time of the year, too. But the reason I bought it from RRS was because there was a big sale and they were the only store carrying the new Benton products at that point. Since RRS is such a high-volume Mizon seller, I wonder if they buy out whole batches to meet demand--that could explain why some of these issues seem tied to them.

I just wonder what kind of storage nightmare you'd need to spoil beauty products? Especially those like Mizon that I trust have preservatives?

yep, that toner does have 2 preservatives - Methylparaben, Propylparaben

the box label in english chops everything after disodium, so it was easy enough to translate the last 3 ingredients as I've seen them 50 gazillion times already

Water, Glycerin,Sodium Lactate,Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid,Lactic Acid, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil,Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract,  Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Artemisia Absinthium Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Gentiana Lutea Root Extract,Salicylic Acid, Disodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance

Since RRS is such a high-volume Mizon seller, I wonder if they buy out whole batches to meet demand--that could explain why some of these issues seem tied to them.

I think that's a strong possibility. I would make sense that entire production runs are made and earmarked just for RRS.  It would also explain why it seems to be exclusive to toners bought from them. 

• Like 1

I think that's a strong possibility. I would make sense that entire production runs are made and earmarked just for RRS.  It would also explain why it seems to be exclusive to toners bought from them. 

And why it's such a good price since in buying in bulk like that they probably get a great rate.

• Like 1

Hello, friend!

We sincerely apologize for this accident..

When we check inventory to look into it, we have some defected items like you.

It seems like Mizon produced defected items

We would like to refund for the item because Mizon says that they will make it discontinued...

Is it okay to you..??

Furthermore, could you cooperate to send a photo of the product for evidence? It will be helpful to send to Mizon to correct this problem.

Thank you for your understanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us

Have a great day

Sincerely

Just got the same response, I couldn't send pics earlier because I was at work, but I will now.

I'm glad someone noticed this because mine just has one little floater, I probably would've missed it!

uhm so quick question

I just double checked my toner and the EXP says 2014.08.04

Since the one biancardi posted says 2017...am I correct to say that it's not the manufacturing date, but the expiration date? If so...I need to send an e-mail to Beauteque :(

uhm so quick question

I just double checked my toner and the EXP says 2014.08.04

Since the one biancardi posted says 2017...am I correct to say that it's not the manufacturing date, but the expiration date? If so...I need to send an e-mail to Beauteque :(

Mine, from the batch with issues clearly states that it's the expiry date 'EXP: 2017.06.28' and something in korean after that.

Just received a refund from RRS

Mine, from the batch with issues clearly states that it's the expiry date 'EXP: 2017.06.28' and something in korean after that.

Just received a refund from RRS

I'm not worried about mine being contaminated necessarily since I bought it from Beauteque back in december, but I AM concerned that it was expired when I got it. Since yours all say 2017 and mine says 2014, I'm assuming they're expiration dates, not manufacturing dates like I originally thought...making my toner expired As mine says August 2014 and I bought it in December 2014.

post-105935-0-02889300-1423024979_thumb.jpg

Yours is a different batch and it could the manufacturing date as it doesn't have the word EXP

On the discussion of the issue on reddit someone mentioned that mizon has changed slightly he packaging, so your might be ok

I'm not worried about mine being contaminated necessarily since I bought it from Beauteque back in december, but I AM concerned that it was expired when I got it. Since yours all say 2017 and mine says 2014, I'm assuming they're expiration dates, not manufacturing dates like I originally thought...making my toner expired As mine says August 2014 and I bought it in December 2014.

attachicon.gifmytoner.jpg

No worries, 제조 means the date of manufacture.

• Like 1

Lol was gonna say fanserviced did a post on the difference in the symbols... @ is a very useful lady to know... Has magically mystery smoky tours in ny too lol

• Like 2

I just talked to my Fiance about this and he's convinced it has something to do with the way the products are stored and for how long. He works for a company like Aveko, except they buy/transport things from the US to Russian clients.

he said because warehouses aren't normally temperature regulated, the products being stored there can be exposed to extreme heat and cold for long periods of time, which can effect them negatively. They've apparently thrown away quite a few perishable food items, beauty products etc that were sitting too long, even before their expiration dates, due to the temperatures and how long they had been sitting in the warehouse. 

This may not be the answer to the issue, but it's definitely something to think about!

Will someone give a shout if they find this to buy elsewhere for a decent price? I really want to try and am sad that mine are mucky! I'll look tomorrow but I don't have time tonight. Thanks!

So I'm wondering if these toners could potentially be fakes.

It's interesting to me that they're charging half the price that everywhere else does and offering free shipping. Not to mention, there are Mizon fakes out there.

On top of that, considering the bottle I purchased from Beauteque has a different stamp on the bottom than these contaminated ones...I'm wondering if there's something more to this than just a bad batch of toner.

RRS seems to say that the product is being "discontinued" whenever there seems to be an issue- apparently this isn't the first time they've done that, and I'm just starting to think it's worth a look to see if I can notice any differences in packaging, consistency etc

If anyone has a contaminated toner that is visibly contaminated (not just matching stamps on the bottom to the contaminated ones) I would love it if you would send it to me so I could compare it to mine. I'm just going on a hunch, but chatting with Tiffany from Sample Hime, we both think there's a chance that's worth looking into