MissJexie

Korean /Asian Beauty and Skincare Talk!

So the Leaders site has some crazy fast shipping.

I couldn't resist the 30% sale and just "had" to pick up a few more of their masks.

I know...I know....I am a sucker for those coconut bio cellulose masks....

Anyway....

At 3:26pm I got the order confirmation.

And then at 3:54pm I got the "your order has shipped" email w/ tracking number.

And I just checked now and it is a valid, in the system, moving right along, tracking number!

That is crazy fast!

I wonder how long their sale is... I'd love to try their toner or moisturizer...  Just because... :D

Is this the PC that everybody is talking about?

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/aha-and-bha-exfoliants/_/Skin-Perfecting-Two-Percent-BHA-Liquid-Exfoliant/

I'm having a neve rending situation with acne on my nose...  :scared:  Nowhere else! My korean stuff can't kill it so I may need to venture elsewhere. Just want confirmation before I order a trial size! ...and they're having free shipping to US/ Canada is anybody else is interested.

OH, and for those that use it.. where do you put it into your routine? I'll probably just use it at night. Should it be applied last?

Edited by avarier

I wonder how long their sale is... I'd love to try their toner or moisturizer...  Just because... :D

Tomorrow (the 14th) is the last day.

They only allow you to enter one code, so you can't put in the free shipping code w/ the 30% off code.

But shipping was only $5.

Oh and they ship from Los Angeles.

I was tempted to pick up their cleansing oil but I decided to just stick to masks.

Let me know if you get anything. :)

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/aha-and-bha-exfoliants/_/Skin-Perfecting-Two-Percent-BHA-Liquid-Exfoliant/

I'm having a neve rending situation with acne on my nose...  :scared:  Nowhere else! My korean stuff can't kill it so I may need to venture elsewhere. Just want confirmation before I order a trial size! ...and they're having free shipping to US/ Canada is anybody else is interested.

OH, and for those that use it.. where do you put it into your routine? I'll probably just use it at night. Should it be applied last?

That's the one I'm using. You use it near the beginning of your routine. I wash, wait a bit to let my skin return to it's normal ph (I'm honestly not sure how long you're supposed to wait I usually wait about 15 mins) then apply the BHA liquid and wait for 20 mins before I continue with my routine. My current toner is a moisturizing one, so I use it after the BHA. I've read such conflicting info on whether you need to wait or not, so depending on who you listen to you may need to or may not need to. 

@@avarier, I can't remember.. are you in Canada? If so, keep your order under $20 if possible. If you order over $20 Paula's Choice adds a $5 customs fee. That's great if you're making a big order because there's no risk of additional fees, but if you just want a small order than it's not. Oh....there's also a way to get $10 off your first order. Google or retailmenot should be able to help with that. 

Edited by blinded
  • Like 1

Yes, that is the product we are using and talking about, it's great stuff! I use it after my toner.

@@LoveSkinCare do you also wait a while before continuing after you use it?

@@blinded ah! thank you!! now the debate.. do I order the full size with coupon.. or stick with the sample....curse coupons and their tricksy methods of opening my wallet! xD

is there anything else from PC that has a good reputation? this is the only item I ever see mentioned.

... and sorry to be so off the korean topic. I just rely on you guys a lot when deciding what to buy :blush:

Edited by avarier

I totally forgot about that. I bought my samples during a promo months ago and then didn't think about them again until a few weeks ago. I'll have to look at the page a little closer. 

Oh that's right!! I was using the 1% BHA Gel for a long time and it never, ever dried out my skin. I switched to the 2% when I felt like I needed a boost and I definitely see more dryness with it. I would grab a handful of the 1% BHA sample sachets and give it a try!

That's the one I'm using. You use it near the beginning of your routine. I wash, wait a bit to let my skin return to it's normal ph (I'm honestly not sure how long you're supposed to wait I usually wait about 15 mins) then apply the BHA liquid and wait for 20 mins before I continue with my routine. My current toner is a moisturizing one, so I use it after the BHA. I've read such conflicting info on whether you need to wait or not, so depending on who you listen to you may need to or may not need to.

am I supposed to wait after washing my face before doing the rest of my routine? I usually start it pretty quickly after. hmm

(ETA: didn't know if you knew how ph dependent they are, if you did I apologize for being a windbag! Lulz.

Edited by Krystyn Lowe

@@avarier I have never waited after toner. I guess waiting after probably makes it do its thing longer maybe? I do use it twice a day. I never wait after each of my steps, so I may need to start waiting and see if it makes a difference.

I have about 12 of the PC Brand stuff which I used daily for about 2 years. They work great and I have really nice skin now, but then I discovered Memebox and switched up my routine as I am always thinking I will find something else that will work better and be the miracle product. I love my Korean products and I love PC products too. I still throw another PC product in my routine occasionally, like their 10% AHA weekly resurface treatment and the 1% retinol cream. Some I haven't used in a while and can't remember what they are called exactly, LOL but I know I have the whole line for oily skin and about 5 of the Resist line. Hope thIs helps.

Edited by LoveSkinCare

Did anyone go through a "purging" period after starting PC 2% BHA and/or Mizon 8% AHA? I use them every other night in the sequence recommended by one of the blogs and I've been breaking out for the first time in months and in some weird places too.

@@Krystyn Lowe I'm pretty sure it was Skin and Tonics that had all the info about ph, or was it Snow White and the Asian Pear? I've read so much on both of those that I can't remember. I think there's also a lot of info on the Skincare Addiction subreddit. The part I don't know, is how to tell if your toner is a low enough ph to be able to skip the wait time between washing and applying acids. That's why I wanted the Mizon AHA/BHA toner. I hate adding an additional 35 mins to my routine at night. I know PC says their products don't require a wait time, but I do it anyways. 

@@UberClaire I think I'm just finishing a small purging process on my chin. After the 1st week of using the 2%BHA everyday I started to get a few small whiteheads on my chin. That's where I typically breakout though, so it made sense to me that it would happen there. 

• Like 1

How does the Benton Aloe BHA toner compare to the Mizon one? I think I may order it from BNK instead of waiting for the Mizon issues to clear up.

The Paula's Choice line confuses me and even after all the discussion here, I have no idea what I would order, so I'm going to hold off on trying their line for now.

Benton seems like the simplest alternative for now.

I must be one of the very few people that Paula's Choice products didn't work for. My skin got a "burn" so bad - red horrible patches that were dry & flaking and it looked like a burn. And then on top of that, I got all of these pimples in areas that I never got pimples before - one was this awful - hard and purple. Took weeks to go down and leave.

I just cannot trust PC products again

I just opened a topic in the skin care forum about Beautypedia and Paula's choice so that the discussions about the line and BP can continue there if there is interest. Didn't want it to be limited to only here. :) I used to visit BP all the time in the early days when Paula started it but haven't in a very long time. 

http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/135899-beautypedia-paulas-choice/

(ETA: didn't know if you knew how ph dependent they are, if you did I apologize for being a windbag! Lulz. )

The way AHA, BHA and Vitamin C work is dependent on their low ph. So if you throw them on top of a higher ph product or before toning to bring your skin to its neutral ph level, they won't really work. I'm believe to work they need to be somewhere around 2.5-3.5ish. I don't remember the exact numbers. I wash my face, tone it with a lower ph toner (Dermalogica multi active usually) then use vitamin c, wait 15 minutes to let it work, use aha peeling serum, wait 20 minutes for it to do its thing then continue slapping the rest of the ish on. Is it skin and tonics blog that has all this good info? @@MissJexie? Anyone? Halp...

I think quite a few skincare bloggers have discussed it, but I favor Kerry's way of writing so I always refer to Skin & Tonics. Here's her post about it: http://www.skinandtonics.com/the-importance-of-fatty-acids-ph-moisture-barrier-how-i-eliminated-my-acne-decreased-my-skin-sensitivity/

• Like 1

There was also some discussion about cleansers in the "What's Your Routine" thread, so I thought I'd cross-post this list over here just in case some people aren't following that thread.

If you're looking for Korean cleansers that have a ph of under 6:

These are some other cleansers I have tested in my collection (some from Memeboxes, some not) that are Korean and have a reasonable ph:

Missha Near Skin Cleansing Foam: 5.9

Missha Super Aqua Oxygen Micro Visible Cleanser: 5.5

Missha Super Aqua Fresh Cleansing Milk:  5.5

D'ran Wonder Pure Cleansing Lotion: 5

Etude House Happy Teatime Milk Tea Cleansing Cream: 5

The Face Shop Rice Water Bright 02 Cleansing Foam: 5.5

Skinfood Black Sugar Cleansing Water: 5

I also want to point out, since I am a big fan of this line: While they're not Korean, Paula's Choice cleansers all come in at a 5.5 ph according to the research I've done on them.

Hope this helps if anyone was searching for more than the Rose Cleansing stick, which can be pretty pricey!

• Like 1

I ordered the Rose Cleansing Stick from Amazon. It hurt me to pay that much but Amazon was in line with the K beauty shops so I bit! Excited to try it!!

What is this purging process?

@@avarier, the purging process is your skin basically throwing up - it brings all of the gunk and toxins to the top of your skin, which can mean pimples and other issues. Once your skin gets used to the product, it is done purging.

The last time I used a PC product, I was told it would be 6-8 weeks for the purging cycle to be completed. I was like, nope, I cannot wait that long to go around covered in huge, hard pimples with flaky, dry skin. I just had a horrible reaction to it.

I know many people have had great success with PC products, but I also know several women, including myself, who have not. I wish my face wouldn't have such a severe reaction to it, but it does.

Edited by biancardi
  • Like 2

I never had purging with PC products, it's so individual but if I had I would've thrown in the towel too! Life's to short to deal with that shiz. And I'm too old to be covered in zits and flaky skin!

Edited by Krystyn Lowe
  • Like 2

Has anyone tried the Missha First Treatment Essence and the Purebess 100% Galactomyces (someday I'll be able to spell it without looking it up)? Which do you prefer? I've only tried the Purebess and it's currently back in my routine but I hear so much love for the FTE that I'm tempted to try it. 

So what is your fave cushion and why? I love the Dr. MJ real restore mucin cushion because it totally mattifies my face and keeps it oil free all day BUT it's too light, so I've been using it but adding my Missha bb lightly on top, think I might combine some BB in the cushion. Anyone have ideas for a bit darker not dewy/greasy looking cushion? I'm medium neutral skin toned. Tia.

@@blinded, I LOVE the fte from MISSHA, I use it and a few other Missha nighttime products. But I'm not completely sold on the Purebess galactomyces although a lot of people swear by it being a HG item. They both absorb really well, Missha smells fresh and isn't sticky, idk it just makes my skin look really clarified and glowy.