nikkimouse

Rainbow Honey Mystery Box

I'm getting my first Mystery Bag today. And, I couldn't be happier. I finally caved after seeing this month's colors. They are so pretty. Also bought Magic Cake (A lemming of mine for a long time) and Stolen Dance.

• Like 2

Sorry all I am super dense today but I got this email from Rainbow Honey.  Does this mean this is what is in the October bag?  I know lots of people are burnt out on pinks but I love pink and it's my bday month so if this is what I will get I want it!  But I am new to RH (only ordered 1x in July).  TIA!

post-84001-0-90910000-1412389194_thumb.png

• Like 1

@@lovepink Nope, that's a completely separate thing.  Every month. Rainbow Honey introduces at least one limited edition item for sale for that month.  October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so they're doing this set for October.  If you want it, you will have to order it.  We won't know what the mystery bag is like until people start receiving their bags and posting the contents.  Rainbow Honey never releases anything more than sometimes a vague hint (like the month they sent a body spray/splash, they made a reference to how that month's bag was going to make "a splash") for the mystery bags, and even that is rare.

@@lovepink Nope, that's a completely separate thing.  Every month. Rainbow Honey introduces at least one limited edition item for sale for that month.  October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so they're doing this set for October.  If you want it, you will have to order it.  We won't know what the mystery bag is like until people start receiving their bags and posting the contents.  Rainbow Honey never releases anything more than sometimes a vague hint (like the month they sent a body spray/splash, they made a reference to how that month's bag was going to make "a splash") for the mystery bags, and even that is rare.

Good to know! I see that the special set is $30!  I am going to keep an eye out for when people get their bags to make my decision! Thanks!

The last email I received had one of those truncated numbers with "+E" like when a number in an Excell cell is too long for the space, so I still don't have usable tracking.

I checked my USPS dashboard (they now have a system that shows what packages have been and will be delivered) and I see it on the list with an unexpected delivery date. If you're itching to know it, maybe sign up for the myusps feature.

Has it moved for anyone else?  This later and later stuff is killing me.  My notice was created at 7 AM on the 6th and it's still in Pre-shipment status :bringiton:

Mine left Lancaster (Amish country!) yesterday and is expected to be delivered tomorrow.

• Like 2

I see a couple of spoiler photos on Instagram!  Alas, I don't know how to post them here, so I'll just do descriptions of what I can see.

a light caramel cream, perhaps called dulce du leche

purple glitter (shimmer?  jelly?  crelly?  can't tell)

top coat (can't see the scent name)

l'orange ganache some-sort-of-balm-in-a-tube (it looks like it's probably oval, so probably lip balm, especially since it's orange-chocolate-flavored.  I'm guessing a preview of a holiday collection, maybe)

rollerball fragrance in sweet november (described as b&bw warm vanilla sugar with coconut)

soap (don't know what scent)

nail dotting tool

And no scent descriptions.  The bags received so far are both the full-sized version, so I'm not sure whether that last item is in the mini or not.  Typically, everything but lip and cuticle balms come in to different sizes for the large vs the mini, but that last thing is something I can see not going out in the mini bags.

And... Hmm.  I'm still on the fence with this sub (the fragrances are pretty consistently turning out to be totally not my thing.  The royal fruits top coat did finally grow on me to a certain extent, but even so, I still put it away when I got another top coat in a different scent), although I'll be staying through the end of the year just to see what they do for November and December.  I've got a really interesting nail wraps sub coming my way starting in April, so I might just keep this one all the way up until that one starts and then cancel.  Fingers crossed for at least a couple more bottles of scented top coats between now and then.  Nail wraps need top coat, and I *really* like RH top coats for wraps.  I know I could just *buy* the non-mystery bag top coats, but I have *huge* problems making decisions, so I tend to look at the available scents and just freeze in indecision.  The only reason I have the ones I do have is because one was in one of the summer mystery bags, one was part of the September set, and one was sent as an apology for a backorder on one in the September set. 

Um.  I think I need to go to bed now even though it's early for that.  The rambling switch gets hit *hard* when I get tired.

• Like 1

Thanks for the spoiler posts!

I am not feeling the colors, either.

The tan color looks a little too yellow. And the purple is extremely purple. I like lilacs and lighter purples, but I don't care for dark purple for some reason.

At least the scented stuff sounds good.

Thanks for the spoiler posts!

I am not feeling the colors, either.

The tan color looks a little too yellow. And the purple is extremely purple. I like lilacs and lighter purples, but I don't care for dark purple for some reason.

At least the scented stuff sounds good.

I have mixed feelings about that one.  On one hand, it's not yet another pink.  And at least it's seasonal:  That sort of color is one of the more classic non-orange-or-black Halloween colors, and it's a big color for the Christmas season.  On the other, based on what I've seen, it's just kind of unexciting given what else they can do.  Maybe there's something amazing that you have to see in-person instead of in a photo.  Fingers crossed.  (And maybe I need to switch back to the minis.  This might not be as disappointing as it is if I only had little bottles instead of big ones.)

• Like 1

So are they giving each person one dotter out of the 5-dotter Cheeky set? So the dotting bulbs may be big or small depending on which you get? That just seems odd.

On the other hand, I'm excited for the scents. I think I'll have to see the colors in person before I decide how I feel about them.

I have mixed feelings about that one.  On one hand, it's not yet another pink.  And at least it's seasonal:  That sort of color is one of the more classic non-orange-or-black Halloween colors, and it's a big color for the Christmas season.  On the other, based on what I've seen, it's just kind of unexciting given what else they can do.  Maybe there's something amazing that you have to see in-person instead of in a photo.  Fingers crossed.  (And maybe I need to switch back to the minis.  This might not be as disappointing as it is if I only had little bottles instead of big ones.)

Yeah, hopefully they look better in person.

Also, I'm hoping that they'll do something interesting and cool for Christmas.

Okay, just got my bag, and things are a little bit different from what I had expected.

The clear stuff isn't another scented top coat.  It's All Your Base, a base coat, and it looks like everyone gets a full-sized bottle.  Cafe con Leche has silver and gold micropigment, so it's thankfully not a cream, although it's still never going to be one of my favorite colors.  The purple -- Zi -- is purple lacquer with blue, gold, silver, and magenta microglitters.  I thought that maybe there would be shaped glitters in there, but nope.

Even more undecided now.

ETA:

The dotting tool is double-ended, in case anyone was wondering.  And it's not mentioned on the collection flyer, so I'm not sure whether everyone is getting it or just the full-sized bags.  And the tube is indeed chocolate-orange lip balm.  I love lip balm, but I'm not a fan of fruit mixed with chocolate, especially *orange* mixed with chocolate.  Since I will end the month with not one, not two, but FOUR Notoriously Morbid Coffin Kissers on top of my many other lip balms, I'll be adding this to my mystery swap stash!

Edited by meaganola

Okay, just got my bag, and things are a little bit different from what I had expected.

The clear stuff isn't another scented top coat.  It's All Your Base, a base coat, and it looks like everyone gets a full-sized bottle.  Cafe con Leche has silver and gold micropigment, so it's thankfully not a cream, although it's still never going to be one of my favorite colors.  The purple -- Zi -- is purple lacquer with blue, gold, silver, and magenta microglitters.  I thought that maybe there would be shaped glitters in there, but nope.

Even more undecided now.

ETA:

The dotting tool is double-ended, in case anyone was wondering.  And it's not mentioned on the collection flyer, so I'm not sure whether everyone is getting it or just the full-sized bags.  And the tube is indeed chocolate-orange lip balm.  I love lip balm, but I'm not a fan of fruit mixed with chocolate, especially *orange* mixed with chocolate.  Since I will end the month with not one, not two, but FOUR Notoriously Morbid Coffin Kissers on top of my many other lip balms, I'll be adding this to my mystery swap stash!

So they are starting to repeat stuff now too?  Ugh.  I want to love this sub and keep it but I think after this whole every month it's at least 2 days later that I am getting and clearly way behind everyone else so I haven't gotten to be surprised by the bag in the past 3 months.  What a shame.  I may end up buying the bags individually if I like them and by the looks of it get them about the same time as I would if I was subbed. 

I sub to the mini, so none of those are repeats for me....

Did you get the one in April?  If so and what Meaganola said is true then one of the items was already in that one.

Did you get the one in April? If so and what Meaganola said is true then one of the items was already in that one.

The thing is... If I recall correctly, it wasn't an actual sub in April. I remember it starting in May after the first few non-sub standalone mystery bags went over well.