nikkimouse

Rainbow Honey Mystery Box

I saw a photo of the January bag on Instagram. I think I may order this month's. I'm not sure if I'll do that or take advantage of the Zoya promo...

hmm, just saw the spoilers on IG

again, a disappointing month.    

the colors are for spring time.  It is the dead of winter here - I want some darker colors for winter 

I will stay until feb - if they continue this path of seasonal inappropriate colors, I will cancel them.  I can always pick up a mystery bag separately if I like the look of it...

MEH.  That wasn't supposed to be all-caps, but I'm leaving it.  I'm probably canceling in a couple of months.  I should at least drop down to the minis.  I will give them this:  It's a very nicely cohesive collection even if it is totally "Why is are these colors a January collection?"  And the non-polish items are good things to have in the winter.  And it doesn't look like the scent is yet another fruity floral, so that is awesome if it turns out to be correct.

hmm, just saw the spoilers on IG

again, a disappointing month.    

the colors are for spring time.  It is the dead of winter here - I want some darker colors for winter 

I will stay until feb - if they continue this path of seasonal inappropriate colors, I will cancel them.  I can always pick up a mystery bag separately if I like the look of it...

Can you post the instagram? I have been dying to see since this is my first month.

I know that these are supposed to be previews of upcoming colors, but since the summer and fall bags didn't have winter colors, I fear that rainbow honey doesn't want to give us those darker colors in our mystery bags. Their shop has them, so I am puzzled why they cannot put some in our bags...

Eh they look winter-ish to me.... They are pale colors. I understand this is my first month so I haven't gotten a chance to see the previous months in my mailbox, but it seems like a winter collection to me.

@@kittenbiscuits see, for me, a winter collection is more deeper and richer - think wine, deep forest greens, plums

the icy white is okay, but the other two colors look like they are part of an Easter basket!! lime green & coral... those are spring time colors for me

@@kaitlin1209 we do get brights in the summer!!

@@kittenbiscuits see, for me, a winter collection is more deeper and richer - think wine, deep forest greens, plums

the icy white is okay, but the other two colors look like they are part of an Easter basket!! lime green & coral... those are spring time colors for me

@@kaitlin1209 we do get brights in the summer!!

I can see that, I guess it's because I'm into pastels that I don't mind so much.

I like them, but then again, living in Florida I can get away with brights & pastels any time of year.

...and a quick exit so no one throws anything at me... :drive:

Okay, full-size bag!  The cat is on my lap, so I had to make do with that lighting and surface I had available, but I think the polish colors are accurate even if the extras are in the shadows.

c624622d-7599-46a7-ae1e-48a66376d1a2_zps

The lip scrub is 0.25 oz for the mini sub and 0.5 for the full-sized one.  The soap is 0.5 oz for the mini and 4 oz for the full-size.  The lip balms are the same for both versions.  They're all Lemon Sorbet, a nice sweet lemon scent (yay, not a fruity-floral!).  I hope it's offered in a scented top coat!  Colors left to right:  Dirty Mintini (mint cream base, brown microglitter, and iridescent microglitter.  2-3 coats for bottle color), Rosey Bot (rosy-peachy metallic, slated to join the rest of the robots when the collection comes back later this year), and Lemon Sorbet (microglitter.  The description says there's white pigments in there, but all I see are various shades of microglitter.  It's a topper, but you can apparently get the bottle color with four coats).

Now that I have these in my hands, I'm still meh on this collection.  The last one is good for January, but the middle one is a bit too warm for the middle of winter for me.  I'm trying to decide how I feel about the first one because it really feels like a trend that was played out a couple of years ago.  I should step down to a mini for February and see how I feel after that.  (I have a bad feeling next month is going to be all pink, all the time, and the scent will be one of the roses I hate.  I'm picky about my rose scents.)

• Like 1

Okay, full-size bag!  The cat is on my lap, so I had to make do with that lighting and surface I had available, but I think the polish colors are accurate even if the extras are in the shadows.

c624622d-7599-46a7-ae1e-48a66376d1a2_zps

The lip scrub is 0.25 oz for the mini sub and 0.5 for the full-sized one.  The soap is 0.5 oz for the mini and 4 oz for the full-size.  The lip balms are the same for both versions.  They're all Lemon Sorbet, a nice sweet lemon scent (yay, not a fruity-floral!).  I hope it's offered in a scented top coat!  Colors left to right:  Dirty Mintini (mint cream base, brown microglitter, and iridescent microglitter.  2-3 coats for bottle color), Rosey Bot (rosy-peachy metallic, slated to join the rest of the robots when the collection comes back later this year), and Lemon Sorbet (microglitter.  The description says there's white pigments in there, but all I see are various shades of microglitter.  It's a topper, but you can apparently get the bottle color with four coats).

Now that I have these in my hands, I'm still meh on this collection.  The last one is good for January, but the middle one is a bit too warm for the middle of winter for me.  I'm trying to decide how I feel about the first one because it really feels like a trend that was played out a couple of years ago.  I should step down to a mini for February and see how I feel after that.  (I have a bad feeling next month is going to be all pink, all the time, and the scent will be one of the roses I hate.  I'm picky about my rose scents.)

I like the pink and the white but the green is..... just not me. I may swatch it on a finger but it will probably go to the swap pile.

I have decided, as feb will most likely have pinks and roses, to cancel my sub and just pick up the bags I like.

I just bought a bunch of zoya nailpolishes - 7 full size + 3 mystery mini's (and I got 3 of the 7 free) - in colors that I am craving for, so I think I am set here.

I just have so many glitter top coats right now - thanks to my sub with RH - so I do need a break, I think...

Ugh, the January LE stuff is pretty much exactly what I had been hoping the January mystery bag was going to be like.  This annoys me.

• Like 2

Ugh, the January LE stuff is pretty much exactly what I had been hoping the January mystery bag was going to be like.  This annoys me.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I really want the Jan LE stuff, but I don't have the money to spend on it.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I really want the Jan LE stuff, but I don't have the money to spend on it.

It's my birthday month, so I could actually justify it, although not until next weekend.  Still trying to decide.

I notice the polish doesn't go on that smooth (although it dries super fast). Is that just how RH polishes are? It might be the weather but if they are always going to be like this I might not continue the subscription.

I notice the polish doesn't go on that smooth (although it dries super fast). Is that just how RH polishes are? It might be the weather but if they are always going to be like this I might not continue the subscription.

the formula can vary a lot between different polishes - some go on pretty well but others are really thick. Using some polish thinner would probably help a lot (I keep meaning to buy some but always forget)

• Like 1

Ooh, I just noticed that the polish with the same name as the scent is in fact a *scented* polish!  I swear I read that description five times specifically to see whether it was scented or not and didn't see that fact.  I just casually glanced at it one last time while sorting through everything I received the past few days and finally saw that bit of info.

ETA:  I decided to go ahead and downgrade to a mini today.  I really shouldn't be getting *any* polish subs, but I do like getting them, so a mini seems like a good compromise.  The only things I use more than half a bottle of is top coat anyway, and even then, given how frequently they send them and/or I buy one, there's not really any reason to have a full-sized one.  Plus I'll probably cancel in April anyway when Espionage starts their sub.

Edited by meaganola
  • Like 1

Thanks for the spoilers, everyone! It always takes forever for mine to get here, so I like to glance at it beforehand. LoL. I'm not overwhelmed with excitement, but I usually wind up liking the stuff more when I see it in person.

I don't mind that the mystery bag colors don't correspond with the month they are sent out in. I figure since they're sneak peeks usually then the month that the color is released in the store will make sense. When I got the October bag I wasn't upset that the scent was called Sweet November, I was excited I was getting a sneak peek/early release of November's scent. So I just figure that the green shade this month will be released and/or have matching colors in the spring. I'd rather have sneak peeks that don't match the month than to have colors that match the month but might not make sense when it comes out later on.