Lip color (gloss/balms/lipstick) recommendations for super dry, chapped lips?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have the most dry, chapped lips almost year-round and can't seem to find a lip color that won't dry my lips out more.  (FYI - my dry lips started after I used accutane for acne treatment over 10 years ago).

Every lipstick I have tried worsens my dry lips to the point where the color seeps into my lip wrinkles (I didn't realize I started having these).  I think lip gloss seems to be less drying for me, but I can't find one which will stay and look true to color.

Any recommendations?  

Doesnt have color, but my HG chapstick for the past 9 years--- Palmers cocobutter chapstick.. not the mini kind with SPF... but the one that looks like a gluestick (the Swivel Stick). moisturizes, isnt waxy but very smooth. try putting it under your lip color.

0001018100005_500X500.jpg

Thanks!  I will look for it. Can you use a typical lipstick over it or do you just do lip gloss over it.  I tried doing lipstick over chapstick/balms,but they inevitably come off onto my teeth!

As a clear balm, I use Blistex Lip Medex- it comes in a little blue pot at the drugstore. This works great on my chronic dry/chapped lips!

For lip colors, have you tried stains? They might be good for under a clear balm?

I like the Almay Liquid Lip Balm in "Apple A Day" right now - color payoff is nice for a gloss and it's quite moisturizing! Also it's about $5 and you can usually find a sale or a coupon, so you really can't beat the price :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I accidentally bought a Revlon Colorburst Lacquerbalm and upon the first use, was stunned at how moisturizing and long-lasting it was. I still wear it even though I don't enjoy the glitter in it.

Quote: Originally Posted by snowingwhite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Thanks!  I will look for it. Can you use a typical lipstick over it or do you just do lip gloss over it.  I tried doing lipstick over chapstick/balms,but they inevitably come off onto my teeth!

I always use it under a lip stick.. It def makes the lipstick a little bit more slick but it shouldnt rub off on your teeth unless you really put a thick coat on. I use it under glosses too. most importantly, i cannot sleep without it.

Quote: Originally Posted by DeSha /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nivea lip butters. I like the vanilla macadamia kiss.
I ran out of my cocobutter one day and couldnt find it at the drugstore so i bought the nivea lip butters.. i use it if i cant find anything else, but they feel so thick and so heavy it just sits on top of my lips :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i can see this being a good lip balm for nighttime though

check out Dior Lip Glow. it has a hint of color, and a very emollient and moisturizing formula. this is all i use now.

I would suggest that instead of Lipsticks you should move towards using lip balms. They are more natural and will surely not be affecting your lips adversely. These days we have quite colored lip balms available in market. You can try using that.. If you are looking out for a list of lip balms you can start using you must check out the link below. This will surely help you out.

https://www.popxo.com/2016/07/lip-balms-that-act-as-lipsticks/

Tired of chapped lips? Have you been constantly applying your lip balm throughout the day with no signs of the product serving its purpose? Well, we've got your back. We've found you the perfect hybrid between a lip balm and a lip gloss, a lip oil! Lip oils will prove to be your new favourite addiction for that perfect pout!

Though not many options are available in India, I have got some of the best lip oils in the market which is a must have in your beauty box this summer.

1. NYX Professional Makeup Slip Tease Full Color Lip Oil

2. Nicka K Pure Lip Oil 

3. Yes To Coconut Cooling Lip Oil 

WHEN LESS IS MORE: FINDING THE RIGHT NUDE LIPSTICK SHADE FOR YOUR SKIN TONE.

Nude lipstick is a beauty classic. It is, after all, one of the most commonly used or referred to the product when it comes to cosmetics, and perhaps also the most enduring, with a history that extends back to over 5 millennia. Nude lipstick goes on almost every shade and every skin tone.  This article provides you deep information please do check.

https://www.bebeautiful.in/all-things-makeup/lips/finding-the-right-nude-lipstick-shade-or-your-skin-tone

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back