From Dark red hair to light red hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi people :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

A few months ago a coloured my hair with Majicontrast Red (with 30 vol peroxide) and it turned out like this

Its a lovely shade of deep red but I want a lighter red. Would I have to strip out this colour before i attempted my lighter shade of red?

Also, Protein fillers? Are they worth the money? I have quite thick hair and after dying it for the last 7 years (mainly blacks and reds with bleach thrown in there) its quite hair to keep colour locked in.

Any Advice and answers would be most welcome :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks in advance :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would consider what you have a light red, it doesn't look dark at all. I think if you venture out to lighter territory you are going to risk it looking pink instead of red.

Quote: Originally Posted by Katy Dale /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi people :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

A few months ago a coloured my hair with Majicontrast Red (with 30 vol peroxide) and it turned out like this

Its a lovely shade of deep red but I want a lighter red. Would I have to strip out this colour before i attempted my lighter shade of red?

Also, Protein fillers? Are they worth the money? I have quite thick hair and after dying it for the last 7 years (mainly blacks and reds with bleach thrown in there) its quite hair to keep colour locked in.

Any Advice and answers would be most welcome :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks in advance :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

if you lighten it will turn red, let it set for two weeks to see if it lightens overtime on its own.

Back