My Top Drugstore Makeup Products!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm pretty new to this community, but what you have going here is great! I'm super excited to get to know some of you, hopefully, and become a part of this forum. 

Nevertheless, I do beauty and plus size fashion videos on YouTube, and I recently decided to share my drugstore extraordinaires! Sometimes I feel like quality yet affordable makeup is hard to come by, and while I love my high-end products, my wallet doesn't. So, I compiled a quick list of my absolute favorites from the drugstore, and in no particular order, they are:

1.) EcoTools Domed Bronzing Brush; I always hear people talking about Sigma, and hey, there's nothing wrong with their brushes, but seriously, EcoTools makes some REALLY nice and sturdy brushes for such an affordable price. I think they are fierce competition.

2.) ELF Blush Brush; This brush is so FREAKIN' versatile! I use it to contour, but I think it would be great for blush or highlighter.

3.) L'Oreal True Match Foundation - N1 Soft Ivory; Definitely my favorite foundation from the drugstore. The color range is killer, and the finish is beautiful. 

4.) Sonia Kashuk Bare Minimum Pressed Powder - Translucent Fair; This is a TOTAL DUPE for MAC's blot powder! It's finely milled and gorgeous on top of the True Match foundation! I love it.

5.) NYX Cream Blush - Boho Chic; This blush makes me look like I am glowing from within, and it LASTS. It's a great neutral pink for my fair (well, ghostly pale) skin, and it pairs well with smokey eyes.

6.) NYX Powder Blush - Taupe; FINALLY, a contour that works with my Casper the Friendly Ghost face! I can't use bronzer the way others do. It reads WAY too orange on my face. This blush, however, is such a great cool hued brown that mimics the look of a shadow, rather than an orange, against my skin. 

7.) NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil - Milk; I'm sure we ALL know about this one. This is a great base to make eyeshadows POP. But I also love to use small amounts under the arch of my brow to highlight and even in my waterline. It's creamy and highly pigmented. A++

8.) Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Eyeliner Pencil - Brown; This is a DUPE for UD 24/7 Eyeliner! It is long-lasting, highly pigmented, and gives such a smooth application. I think the color is comparable to MAC's Teddy. It's gorgeous, and I really prefer the softness of brown for smokey eyes. It's subtle, but sultry.

9.) Sally Girl Eyeshadows - Aqua and Snow; I literally got these when I first started messing with makeup YEARS ago, but I always find myself coming back to them. For the price (99 cents), you can't beat the pigmentation.

10.) NYX Buttergloss - Eclair; These are the bomb diggity. They aren't sticky, and the color pay off is fabulous. You can skip the liner and lipstick, and just go for the gloss with these. They make my routine simpler, which I love.

To hear more of my thoughts on these products and to actually see them, you can check out my video: 

http://youtu.be/jfHM70dJfXY

I think the Sonia Kashuk powder is such a high-end product for the drugstore, along with the L'Oreal foundation and Rimmel Scandaleyes. The quality really can't be beat for the price. Let me know what you think! Do you agree that some of these are dupes for their high-end counterparts? And I'm always on the hunt for more dupes, so let me know if there are any I NEED to check out! Thanks for reading, and I totally appreciate you checking out my video! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

- Hope

Last edited by a moderator:
Back