Bflopolska's Midsummer Fairy List

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HOWDY!!!

So for a little background, I'm a lady in my late 40's, fair complexion, dark blonde hair with highlights, green eyes. I have lost almost 100 pounds since last year and I look forward to having even less of me to shop for by the time the next gift-exchange occasion rolls around! I live in Buffalo, NY with my hubby and cats. I work in the Development department of a major cancer research hospital--meaning we raise money and solicit donations of products and services for our clinics and patients. My interests (besides taking care of our jolly little furbabies!) include concerts (jazz, folk and classical), karaoke, reading, tarot, comparative religion and mythology, and recreational shopping.

So, on to the lists...

Makeup: My usual brands are Estee Lauder, Lancome, Stila, Too Faced, Maybelline, NYC and NYX. My coolection runs a huge gamut from department store to drugstore, so for the most part I'm very adventurous! Except for one area: I dislike orange shades, especially for lips. They have never danced well with my Viking skin tone at all!

Nails: Would you believe that I'm 48 years old and just now starting to build up a nail wardrobe? For years I would just wear whatever my manicurist put on me and keep it until the next appointment. Now I want to really mess with color and texture, and play around with jellies and crellies and explore some of the niche-y brands.

Fragrance: I love my perfume and bath goodies and feel naked without a scent du jour. My favories are citrus, vanilla, spice, rose and lilac.

Favorite colors: Plums, mauves, roses, berries; neutral shadows; blue-toned red for lippies; purples, teals, burgundies, greens

Wish list:

• Light toned bronzers
  • A rose-gold or champagne pink facial highlighter or illuminator compact or cream
  • Blushes
  • Lipsticks and glosses--my favorite beauty product!
  • Shadows--something else I've been slowly incorporating into my collection the past few months
  • A good eye-lip-cheek color
  • A nice tinted moisturizer (I usually use Stila illuminating tinted moisurizer in the lighter shade, or Lancome Bienfait, to give an idea of the right tone)
  • Nail goodies
  • Fragrant hand creams
  • Bath goodies--fizzies, bubbles, salts, body washes, sprays. One cannot go wrong with Bath and Body Works; my favories there are White Citrus, Warm Vanilla Sugar, Velvet Sugar, Beautiful Day and Country Chic. Le Couvent des Minimes is also fabulous, and Lush Avobombs are DA BOMB!
  • Catnip and maybe a few kitty toys (I respectfully request no feather trim) to keep the furbabies busy while Mama unwraps all her bonbons
  • Dark chocolate. I am diabetic and there are only so many yummy treats I can incorporate into my meal planning, but I have my doctor's and nutritionist's approval to have a modest amount of dark chocolate during the week. A Ghirardelli Square give a good idea of what I am allowed in a day.

Happy shopping!!! >^..^<

Back