Salope

Nail Polish you're wearing right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissa1307 View Post

I use school glue, what i do is i paint two very thin coats letting it dry well in between coats.ive done this both over a base and without and had no problems with most polishes. For particularly strong..aka peeling the wallpaper off the walls fumes type i use a base coat or any mild clear coat on top of the glue after its dry..ive noticed some strong polishes start to eat away at the glue while others dont.

I just tried using the school glue last night for the first time.  It worked well, but I have already peeled off my entire mani. :rolleyes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissa1307 View Post

I use school glue, what i do is i paint two very thin coats letting it dry well in between coats.ive done this both over a base and without and had no problems with most polishes. For particularly strong..aka peeling the wallpaper off the walls fumes type i use a base coat or any mild clear coat on top of the glue after its dry..ive noticed some strong polishes start to eat away at the glue while others dont.

Maybe it was the polish I was using then. It definitely seemed like it was having a weird chemical reaction of some sort. The glue I was using was regular old Elmer's. I'll try a base coat over the glue next time. Thanks! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconik View Post

I have to sing to praises of Glitter A-Peel from Nail Pattern Boldness. It really is awesome. I did a video on my blog showing how easy it makes it to remove glitter polish. I'm in love with it!

You have me sold but it's not in stock!  :( 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgathaLaupin View Post

Maybe it was the polish I was using then. It definitely seemed like it was having a weird chemical reaction of some sort. The glue I was using was regular old Elmer's. I'll try a base coat over the glue next time. Thanks! 

You have me sold but it's not in stock!  :( 

I saw one of the indie makers commenting she uses yellow stopper from Sally Beauty.  I am not sure what that is exactly but that might be an option too.

OK I just looked it up and apparently it's supposed to be a non yellowing top coat but a few reviews say it does peel off.  I think I am going to grab a bottle next time I swing by there.

• Like 1

I tried this for my NYE mani, which I wanted to be a glitter bomb for just one night. About 30 seconds after I put the polish on over the glue it started buckling and cracking and getting all bunched up. What did I do wrong? Do you do a base coat, glue, color or no base coat? Let the glue dry all the way or put the polish on while it's still tacky? I'm dying to know the tricks because I keep hearing about people doing this and was excited to try it but then it was a disaster.
Just as others already said, regular Elmer's glue, let it dry completely. With or without base coat, it doesn't matter. I apply it thick. Meaning the nail is white from the glue. When the glue is dry it will be clear. And yeah, the temptation to start peeling it off is big, lol. But with a good top coat, I can get around 3-4 days of wear out of it. If I don't start picking on it that is.
  • Like 1

Maybe it was the polish I was using then. It definitely seemed like it was having a weird chemical reaction of some sort. The glue I was using was regular old Elmer's. I'll try a base coat over the glue next time. Thanks!  You have me sold but it's not in stock!  :(  
Oh noes!! Definitely keep an eye out for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo22 View Post

Finally posting in here again smile.gif. Essie Mochachino and Deborah Lippmann Cosmic Love.

Nice work on the glitter gradient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo22 View Post

Finally posting in here again smile.gif. Essie Mochachino and Deborah Lippmann Cosmic Love.

What a unique and wonderful combination. It looks so great close up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgathaLaupin View Post

Julep Morgan w/some sequins that came from the circular swap box. They are really iridescent and rainbow-y in person, I couldn't get it to show up in a pic.

I'm going to have to switch to something more conservative later today, I have a bunch of meetings tomorrow so I feel like I should tone it down...

Ah! Sequins! What a neat idea. Maybe the intensity of the iridescence doesn't show up on camera, but at least we get the idea of it; there is a hint of it in this photo for sure. Great mani design!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flawlessme06 View Post

I need more practice, but here's my mani.

Sinful colors "Snow Me White"

Finger Paints"It's an Original"

Kleancolor "Yogurt Raisin"

This mani makes me think of a certain television show with a spaceship and some deep space travel and certain uniforms... :) Blue and white is always a gorgeous combination!

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindcaviar View Post

I am pretty sure my crazy manicure made the Saints win their first playoff game EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE FRANCHISE!! hahahhaaaa

This is Zoya Piaf with Starrily Bzz Bzz over it and Julep Leslie on the tips. I know it's over the top, but like the commercial says, "It's only weird if it doesn't work."

Well, a lucky mani is always a good thing! This one surprises me as being a yellow and black combination that I really truly like and appreciate. What a lovely and creative use of the glitter and a flattering mani with yellow!

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monika1 View Post

This mani makes me think of a certain television show with a spaceship and some deep space travel and certain uniforms... :) Blue and white is always a gorgeous combination!

Yes it is. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by OiiO View Post

Kinda sorta nail art, but not really; I guess you could call it lazy nail art. Three coats of Maybelline Gilded Rose as a base, accent nails topped with one coat of Zoya Chyna and some random SOPI gold glitter (idk the name, the sticker fell off).

Oooh! After looking at this, having my first experiences with Zoya PixieDusts (I got Nyx, Vespa, Godiva, Tomoko, Dahlia, London, Sunshine, and Liberty PixieDusts in my U.S. Christmas pickup, yippee!), and so enjoying Zoya Sarah, I'm regretting not getting Chyna! This is such a beautiful combination; of course it's nail art!

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OiiO View Post

That is so creative! I always love your manis Monika, I just sit there and stare at each finger because you always make them look like little works of art. Brilliant job, as usual!

Thank-you, Anastasia, for your sweet comment! I wanted to try many new things at the same time, so it was a fun little experiment. I'm really enjoying the PixieDusts and both Cassedy and Sarah really amaze me (though Sarah looks more pink than red when stamping on white, especially in photos). They both are the kind you immediately admire when you put them on, and that make  you wish you were wearing only them. And as much as I love blue and like Dream, Cassedy and Sarah are the ones I want to try first as main colours! I can't wait until my nails even out - I didn't have the heart to cut them all when the one index fingernail broke and the other split.

Quote:

Thank-you, Anastasia, for your sweet comment! I wanted to try many new things at the same time, so it was a fun little experiment. I'm really enjoying the PixieDusts and both Cassedy and Sarah really amaze me (though Sarah looks more pink than red when stamping on white, especially in photos). They both are the kind you immediately admire when you put them on, and that make  you wish you were wearing only them. And as much as I love blue and like Dream, Cassedy and Sarah are the ones I want to try first as main colours! I can't wait until my nails even out - I didn't have the heart to cut them all when the one index fingernail broke and the other split.

I am doing the 3 free polishes for $12.00 promo Zoya has starting on 01/07.  London is number 1 on my wish list followed closely by Dream.  Still debating on the 3rd one or if I can afford to do anymore.  Deciding between Chita or Storm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christa W View Post

Quote:

I am doing the 3 free polishes for $12.00 promo Zoya has starting on 01/07.  London is number 1 on my wish list followed closely by Dream.  Still debating on the 3rd one or if I can afford to do anymore.  Deciding between Chita or Storm.

Storm and Nyx are my two favorite Zoyas besides Dream :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

Storm and Nyx are my two favorite Zoyas besides Dream :)

I think I may just get the $25.00 worth so I can have free shipping and get the 3 free making them all like $4.50 each.  That way I can get Seraphina and Payton too.

OPI Push and Shove from the Gwen Stefani collection 400
You are the first person I've seen this on that looks that fantastic and that chrome. How do you like the formula? I can't wait to get this collection. This is so amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill1228 View Post

OPI Push and Shove from the Gwen Stefani collection

SHOCKED.gif   ::swoon, stagger, faint:: .................:love: OH my, my, my....this is a must-have for me.

julep farrah silk finish and julep missy tips LL
I'm wearing Farrah right now and I love the color, but I'm finding it doesn't wear well. Probably because I didn't use a top coat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill1228 View Post

OPI Push and Shove from the Gwen Stefani collection

I picked up this set at Ulta tonight and ended up putting it back. Stupid no-buy! Looks way cool, though!
  • Like 1

You are the first person I've seen this on that looks that fantastic and that chrome. How do you like the formula? I can't wait to get this collection. This is so amazing!
Thanks everyone. I like it. Of course my husband gave me the "judging you" look