Hair vitamins

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you take any hair vitamins? What have your results been like with them?

I take 5,000 mcg Biotin daily. This is a preventative measure against hair loss. I take 1 viviscal tab a day. Viviscal really does make hair grow long faster, but it doesn't make it grow thicker. I take 1 inneov cap a day. Inneov includes taurine and copper. Taurine strengthens the hair bulb and copper helps to prevent greying. I take biosil collagen supplement. This stopped some serous shedding issues I was having a few years ago. My shedding completely stopped and I've taken a capsule a day for 4 years. It's my go to vitamin.

My hair is definitely better, longer and stronger and thicker since I began hair vitamins. No denying it. I'm especially happy about the thickness I've gained.

I used to take MSM daily but dropped it when I saw no results after 2 years. Some swear by this supplement, but it didn't help me.

Phylia de M has an interesting line of hair care products. When I feel more adventurous, I'll try those at some point. I use so much already.

While I don't take any supplements at this moment for hair care but would like to highlight some vitamins that can help in keeping your hair healthy-

Vitamin A

Vitamin A is an anti-oxidant and promotes production of sebum in the scalp.

Vitamin E

This vitamin helps improve blood circulation and helps keeping hair follicles productive.

So you may consume these vitamins for effective hair care in the form of tablets or fruits/vegetables that are rich in them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started taking Viviscal as well. I take biotin as you said. I actually switched to a hair/skin/nail pill from nature's valley, I think. It has the same amount of biotin, but other added vitamins to it. I actually take them for my eyelashes. I never really had problem with my lashes, but they are longer/thicker than ever thanks to the biotin. 

I started taking Viviscal as well. I take biotin as you said. I actually switched to a hair/skin/nail pill from nature's valley, I think. It has the same amount of biotin, but other added vitamins to it. I actually take them for my eyelashes. I never really had problem with my lashes, but they are longer/thicker than ever thanks to the biotin. 
I used to take Fembody but when GNC stopped carrying it, I switched to GNC's Be Beautiful hair, skin & nail tablets which contain, L-Cysteine, MSM, DMAE, and horsetail, green tea, and Boron. My fingernails got much better and stronger on this, hair and nails are both comprised of keratin.

My eyelashes never benefited from biotin but after I began to use Librow on them they grew so long they actually brush the lenses of my reading glasses when I put them on. I've been using it for years and would recommend it to anyone who needs eyelash growth.

Fats are essential to both healthy lifestyle and healthy hair production. Fats in moderation help maintain healthy hair and skin production. Fats will help you process the vitamins and minerals in your diet for healthy hair production including vitamins A,D,E and K. B-complex tablets containing fish oils are useful in speeding up the growth of hair follicles

I dont use specific vitamins but i do use oils on my hair. I do love argan oil for hair strength and shine. But what i do is i mix castor oil, coconut oil and grapeseed oil ( make shure they are organic or cold pressed you get them in food stores)in a haircolor bottle with a ponited straw(idk what their called) and i put them on my dry head all over from root to tip then i leave it in for 30-60 mins. Then i wash my hair out with water then shampoo rinse shampoo rinse and condition. People also use this method as a preconditioner just make shure you wash it all out or youll be oilly :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> honestly i had long wonderful thick hair as a kid then i started straightening it and then i really killed it with bleaching and hair color and bleaching and on n on. My hair stopped growing COMPLETELY. I was like ahhh im 20! This is wrong! So i looked stuff up n turns out stuff youd get for cooking or eating actually helps your hair! I find doing this once or twice a week helps. This may not work for everyone but look up oils for hair growth and it may surprise you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> from my personal hair journey

Do any of you lovelies have any specific recommendations for these hair and nail boosters in multivitamins? I am the absolute worst at taking vitamins, so the fewer the pills the more likely I'll actually take them.  :unsure:

Back