water quantity for our body

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jolive213

Angel
Reaction score
We all know that water is a good cleanser, But I am not sure what quantity of water we should drink per day?

Somewhere I read it is 10 glass of water :unsure:

Do anyone know exact quantity?

From the Mayo Clinic's website:

How much water do you need?

Every day you lose water through your breath, perspiration, urine and bowel movements. For your body to function properly, you must replenish its water supply by consuming beverages and foods that contain water.

So how much fluid does the average, healthy adult living in a temperate climate need? The Institute of Medicine determined that an adequate intake (AI) for men is roughly 3 liters (about 13 cups) of total beverages a day. The AI for women is 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day.
What about the advice to drink eight glasses a day?

Everyone has heard the advice, "Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day." That's about 1.9 liters, which isn't that different from the Institute of Medicine recommendations. Although the "8 by 8" rule isn't supported by hard evidence, it remains popular because it's easy to remember. Just keep in mind that the rule should be reframed as: "Drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid a day," because all fluids count toward the daily total.
I have a bottle with a filter (23.7 oz) and refill that three or four times a day plus I drink tea and Pepsi.

Divide your weight in half, that number is the same number of ounces you should drink to stay properly hydrated. (250/2= 125 ounces). Sodas,juices and teas do not count. When you are properly hydrated your urine should be very pale to colorless. (some vitamins will darken urine, so skip two days of vitamins/minerals and check your color) When increasing the amount you drink, do so gradually to avoid water intoxication.

Most Americans stay in a state of mild dehydration, sad but true.Water is one of your best friends! This is the kind of boring info I've learned from being a fulltime caregiver.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it depends on the persons needs. Like i suffer from migraines and kidney stones, so I have to drink 100oz a day. If you get migraines, drinking a lot of water will also help with how bad they get when you have one. Just a little fyi for those who suffer like I do! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back