Red Noses?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've inherited a bit of my father's perpetually red Irish nose. I've noticed this a bit more as I get older, and the fact that I have lupus SLE (which comes with a red rash over the nose quite often) really doesn't help. I've been doubling up on concealer and foundation, but sometimes that doesn't even work. Anyone else found a way to solve this problem?

Have you tried using a mint green concealer then going over with either a flesh toned concealer or foundation (depending on how much coverage you need that day)? Green is typically best for covering red because of it being the opposite color in turn canceling it out.

Do you have Rosecea? Wearing a green concealer can become too heavy especially around the nose area where it can cake up. There are other options including using a green primer (Smashbox, Make Up For Ever, ELF, etc or even a DIY) or a green or yellow setting powder. If you natural undertone is pink (you'll notice it more on your neck area) then you don't want to use too much green or yellow otherwise it'll make you look like you're wearing a mask or look ill.

I have really bad rosacea, I have tried everything under the sun.  I really love IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness.  I don't know how to upload pictures from my desktop anymore...if a mod wants to delete this link to my blog but post the before and after pic it would be much appreciated!!!  (Seriously, where did the upload pics button go?)

http://diniwilks.blogspot.com/2013/11/it-cosmetics-bye-bye-redness-review.html

If you are super fair it might not work; in that case I'd recommend their CC cream (it actually CALMED my rosacea a ton) or MAC pro longwear concealer + studio finish foundation.  For drugstore Revlon Colorstay works. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I second the rec for Bye Bye Redness. I have general redness in my cheeks/nose, and I use it every single day under foundation. It only comes in one shade that is darker than my skin, but under my powder foundation (the Tarte Amazonian Airbrush one) you can't tell at all. I am devoted.

Yellow based foundations seem to counter my redness well. Try to avoid temperature extremes, wash face with tepid water.  Stay away from colors and products that serve to emphasize the redness. You might want to skip blush and choose lip colors carefully. Be gently bringing focus up to your eyes, you misdirect away from what you don't to be noticed.

I have rosacea too. It's nowhere as bad as it use to be. I use products with Salicylic Acid & Selenium Sulfide in them b/c they help with the redness. (Selsun blue is great for washing your face!) I cannot use Benzoyl Peroxide, I'm highly sensitive to it. It irritates my skin so badly. I wash my face with Luke warm water, moisturize with coconut oil, & use sunscreen during the day. I

Makeup wise, lately I've been loving the Physicians Formula CC+ cream. It evens out my skin & helps conceal redness. The only con to it is shade selection.

Selena

If you have rosacea always wear sunscreen! My dad has it and it's like bathing a cat trying to get him to use it every day!

Back