brow makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've never done any brow makeup.  I'd like to give it a shot. What's the best products and tools? I'm afraid they will look drawn on!! I have full brows as it is.  I don't want to make them overly dark, but I keep reading that you really need to do something with the brows to complete the look. 

you can do it in so many different ways...

do you like defined or natural brows?

defined -> use gel like MUFE aqua brow

natural -> use brow powder, best for me is anastasia

something in between -> use brow pencil, I like dior

Whatever you use, dont forget to brush it out and blend the edges a bit!

Also, shape is important. You can buy anastasia set, it will help you define the perfect brow shape for you

do not overtweeze! 

Success :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like the Anastasia Brow wiz! I just gently draw on, cause I like mine natural, but it's good for more defined look also!

I have found that Anastasia has the best brow products. Now-aday though, there are SOOO many options.  I really like Anastasia Brow Genius.  It is a powder that you mix with a waterproof gel.  It forms a paste that you use with a brush.  I also like their brow powders.  Ulta has a great little kit for $10.  It comes with a brush, tweezers, wax, two brow powders, a highlighter, and an eyeshadow.  I find that pencils alone make your brows look too fake, but are good for touch-ups and fill-ins.

I really like the E.L.F brow gel/powder, I use it to help make my brows look neater and more defined. I have dark brows too, so just go lightly at first till you get the level you want

I use the dark brown color in my LORAC Pro Palette. If you find a good matte eyeshadow that would work great.

I'm a huge fan of the Too Faced Brow Envy kit. Personally, I'm not a fan of the super dramatic, drawn on, heavy brow look, but I find that the powders in this kit give me just the right amount of definition without being too overpowering. I use it everyday and absolutely love it! It also comes with stencils that can help you trace out the brow shape you want. Super helpful.

Back