• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Dotybird's SummerSwap List!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dotybird’s Summerswap Wishlist

About me: I’m 38 and married, expecting my first baby at the end of the summer (a boy.)  I live in NYC and travel often for work. I have dark brown eyes, dark brown hair and a medium tan complexion.

General likes:

Hair: I have coarse thick hair that suffers from split ends. I am trying to use silicone free products, but still haven’t found any go-to products.  I sometimes use the No. 4 super comb prep and protect and will occasionally use aerosol hairspray to tame my bangs (love travel sized hair sprays.)  I also like to try dry shampoos but they are not a part of my every day routine.

Face:  My every day look includes: tinted moisturizer (Laura Mercier illuminating moisturizer in “golden radiance”), mineral foundation (Bare Minerals in “Medium tan”) and blush.  For skincare, I use mostly Juice Beauty products, but also use a lot of wipes when I am feeling lazy (which is more often than I would like to admit).  I also use the Vasanti “Brighten Up!” exfoliator every couple of days.

Lips: I love all kinds of lip color! I wear mostly bright pinks, corals and reds.  Nothing matte please as I have overly dry lips. 

Eyes:  I wear eyeliner and eyeshadow but no mascara.  I typically wear a neutral eye shadow but also like to play with dark purples, greens and blues.  I love Stila eye shadow palettes.  I have Stila “In the Garden” and also UD’s Naked 1, which I both love.

Nails: don’t really polish my nails, but if I do, it’s usually some kind of neutral or gray color.  However, I do paint my toe nails a lot and I am not that picky about color (although no yellows/whites.)  I tend to like creamy or jellies vs. metallics, frosted, etc. I am also not into nail art or anything textured. 

Body: I love body lotions, creams and oils.  I love thick hand creams and taking baths. 

Scents:  I like light floral and clean scents.  My every day scents are: Folle de Joie or Stella McCartney Nude.  I do not like perfumes or products that smell too sweet or like baked goods.

Things I would love:

• Blushes-- powders, creams, tints, stains etc.  I like pinks, corals, plums, etc.
  • Makeup brushes- you can never have enough
  • Lip color -- creamy, glossy or sheer over matte are preferred. I have been dying to try a LAQA & Co. lip pencil. 
  • Lip scrub- I have never tried one despite the fact that I have dry lips!
  • Eye shadow /makeup palettes—I am a sucker for cute packaging and gift sets
  • Hand creams – anything thick and creamy!
  • Eye cream
  • Nail polish – pinks, purples, reds, greys, neutrals
  • Travel sized products—especially skin care
  • Handmade gifts

Things I would prefer not to receive:

• Mascara
  • Clear lip gloss
  • Self tanners/bronzers
  • Chocolate – I like sweets but am not a big fan of chocolate
Birchbox Wishlist:

• Jouer luminizing cheek tint
  • Benefit Fake Up in Medium