Are You New to Memebox?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
(taken from memebox website)

Memebox allowing text borrowing (admin message)

ARE YOU NEW TO MEMEBOX?

New to Memebox? Don’t worry because we’ll guide you through the entire Memebox process, and help you to have the best shopping experience ever! So, who are we and what do we do exactly? 
We’re an e-commerce beauty retailer born in Seoul, currently headquartered in San Francisco, trying to reach out to global Korean beauty manias from all over the world! Whether you’re a beauty newbie, or a beauty professional, you’ll find that Memebox has something for everybody!

Memebox?

The signature Memebox Global is thoughtfully curated by our experts in Korea to give you the chance to experience the widest selection of the newest and hottest Korean beauty products in the market! 
Best recommended for those that are new to Memebox, Signature Memebox Global contents range from hair and body products, to skincare and makeup products that comes in 4 to 8 full size and deluxe sample sizes. Special Edition Memeboxes have fun themes, in which products are curated with the specific theme and purpose in mind, and also includes 4 to 8 full size and deluxe sample size products. Also, you can expect an insert with full details on the products in your box when you receive your Memebox so that you can utilize your new goodies best!

Superbox?

The Superbox is specially designed to cater to beauty box fanatics looking for full-sized products that will target their specific beauty needs. Each Superbox is designed with its own theme and purpose, and contents in the box are carefully selected to fit the box’s respective theme! Our Superboxes are usually best loved by daring beauty enthusiasts and beautyholics that are open to trying new products and have a specific beauty need in mind! Also, we UNBOX our Superboxes on the product page one week after the scheduled shipping date so that you can find out which goodies are in your box! 

Luckybox?

We combined all our top rated signature Memebox Global items and put them into one Luckybox! Because Memeboxes fly off the shelves so quickly, Luckybox was created to bring back our most popular items from previously sold-out signature Memeboxes in order to give more people a chance to experience Memebox’s bestselling items. Also sourced and shipped directly from Korea, Luckyboxes are a favorite among beauty fanatics that always be in the know in the beauty scene.

Memeshop?

Get the best quality Korean skin care and makeup cosmetics straight from our Memeshop. We offer a variety of cosmetics for all ages and skin types, for both men and women, so that you can customize all your favorite options to see which fits you best! Now you can find all that your beauty needs straight from our Memeshop! 

Special Offers & 24 Hour Sales

Check daily for new Memeshop product sales! Each time we introduce a new product or cosmetics line on our site, we have promotional offers where you get the chance to check out top of the line quality products at up to 50% or more discounts! Time Sales are held on Wednesdays or Thursdays only for 24 hours, and have the highest discounted rates, while Weekly Specials are held for a week starting from Monday and ending on Sunday, so that you can get the chance to look around and see what suits you best.

Box Value Sets

So many boxes to choose from! If you have a hard time deciding which box to buy, check out our Box Value Sets, where we now offer a combo of 2 or more of your favorite boxes to be delivered on the same day, with exclusive promotional deals and other added benefits!

Shipping Schedule

One of the greatest benefits of shopping with Memebox is that all of our products are sourced, packaged, and shipped, directly from Korea straight to your doorstep.
There are couple of reasons behind this: firstly, we want to make sure that you get the widest choice of products, and that means not limiting ourselves to a small warehouse outside of Korea. Secondly, beauty trends evolve incredibly rapidly, and shipping directly from Korea allows us to stay on top of that. 
As a result, regular shipping takes between 15 - 25 business days and express shipping takes 3 - 7 business days, but you can always find out when your product ships on the product page or on our real-time shiopping schedule where you can check when and where your favorite Memebox, Superbox, Lucky Box and Box Value Sets are schedule to ship!

What's the first thing to do when you decide to become a member of our Memebox family? Sign up for newsletters, of course! You can be the first to know about special deals, new arrivals, and promo codes!
Plus! Earn 2 points toward your purchase of any Memebox product just for signing up with us! That’s not all! We’re giving away 10 points until June 16th

Tips for Better Shopping

Use our Promo Codes for better shopping with us at Memebox. We have weekly, monthly, or all seasonal promo codes for reduced prices, upgrades to express shipping and more!

Currently we have:

June PROMO CODES! 

1. Enter MEMEBUNDLE3 to get $5 off on orders of 3 Memeboxes or more
  2. Enter FREESHIPPING to Upgrade to free shipping on purchases over $70 on only Memeshop items
*Please note that only one Promo Code can be used per order

When looking at KOREAN COSMETICS in say the MEME boxes please be aware that this means skincare, moisturizers, creams, BB AND CC creams, toners,essences, and all the above in this thread, please don't ASSUME it is what we all think as in make-up. it is not. Koreans class this as as an overall term. for instance make up Memeboxes are usually themed, e.g.- make up edition,-make up superbox, banilla, etude house, holika holika,10 minute box. tony moly, and the 2 burst of color boxes .

Feel free to ask members if you are unsure or need questions we are all here to help and generally know what type of products go in to boxes nowadays .

Last edited by a moderator:
Memebox Terminology

Confused with all the Korean makeup and beauty terminologies? Here's an easy dictionary to guide you through the makeup jungle!

Ampoule: Ampoules are similar to intensive treatment serums, mostly used to repair damaged skin by the sun and other external stressors.

CC Cream: The CC in CC Creams can stand for a lot of things. It can stand for Color Changing, Color Correcting, Complexion Corrector and etc. But, the most important thing to remember is that it is a class of a BB Cream/foundation with a lighter feel and lighter coverage. It gives the look of naturally good and glowing skin.

Emulsion: Emulsions are similar to moisturizers except that they tend to be a little more light weight and liquidy in texture. They are usually used as the last step during the skin care routine for normal to oily skin, or used before a hydrating cream for dry skin.

Essence: Essences are viscous liquids usually used after toner and before emulsion. They are used to prep and condition the skin for better emulsion and moisturizer absorption.

Peeling Gel: Peeling gels are used to exfoliate dead skin cells. Massage the gel into your skin, and you will see and feel little balls of dead skin forming on your face! Super gross but super cool.

What do I do with all these products that seem similar?

As @@Lorna ljblog posted above, each category of product is designed for a different concentration of ingredients. Layering them delivers the best benefit. Use a different lineup for day and night to get more variety and more benefits.

In what order do I put things on?

Generally, you go from lightest weight to heaviest. So, toner (called lotion in Japanese products) --> essence --> serum --> ampoule --> emulsion --> cream --> oil --> [bB/CC cream --> makeup for day] OR [sleeping pack for night]. Sheet masks are an intensive treatment after toner and essence. You don't have to use all these steps twice a day or even once a day. Just use whatever you have or need for your skin type, but apply from lightest to heaviest for best absorption.

So many cleansers! Oil or foam or cream or what? I only have one face!

Yes, but you should wash it twice at night (or whenever you take off your makeup). Start with an oil or cream cleanser to get most of the makeup off and follow with a gentle foaming or exfoliating cleanser to get every trace of pigment and pore clogging ick off your face. It seems like overkill, but follow immediately with the rest of your skincare products to replace the moisture lost in the double cleanse.

Snail slime? Bee venom? Snake venom? Fermentation? Ew.

All these things have amazing benefits to your skin. Snail secretion has repairing and anti-aging properties. While it sounds gross to put that on your face, remember that while the ingredient is natural, it's been processed, so it's not like you're going out to the garden, plucking a snail, and rubbing it on your cheek (unless you're into that :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />). I can testify that snail secretion has made a huge difference in clearing up mild redness and discoloration, hormonal breakouts, and fading the fine lines of my mid-30's face.

Bee and snake venom (the synthetic version is called Syn-ake) act like natural botox to tighten skin and reduce fine lines. Collagen plumps skin for the same effect. Fermentation (usually sake or beer) products also have amazing anti-aging qualities; fermented sake is the main ingredient in SK-II skin care, an expensive Japanese brand available at high-end retailers like Nordstrom).

Does the foot peel work?

Yes! I've used two: Tonymoly's Shiny Foot and the Purederm Exfoliating Foot Mask that was in the Memebox Mask #2. Both caused my feet to look leprous for a week (and my dog kept trying to nibble at my skin bacon as it flaked off), and eventually resulted in smooth skin. Neither eliminated all my calluses, but both noticeably reduced the calluses at my big toe, heels, and the side of my foot. It was simultaneously kind of gross and really satisfying to see sheets of skin come off. Just be prepared to wear socks for a few days, or you'll have flakies all over the house.

@@Lorna ljblog If this is directly copied from their website, we'll have to ask Memebox for their permission to re-publish. If you have somehow reworded it to fit MUT, then it's OK to post.  We'll find out and get back to you soon.

@@Lorna ljblog If this is directly copied from their website, we'll have to ask Memebox for their permission to re-publish. If you have somehow reworded it to fit MUT, then it's OK to post. We'll find out and get back to you soon.
@@Director feel free to delete it all then as it was copied off Facebook as was the shipping schedule link. No worries from me as it's all over the web on links and blogs any way. I would delete the whole thread but on my phone. Thanks for the heads up.

Does anyone at Memebox.com understand emails in English well? I am seriously asking.

I ordered multiple boxes during their recent points promo having to do with accepting credit cards via Swipe or Stripe or whatever they call it.

I didn't get my points added. Lots of points. I emailed them about it as soon as my orders processed. Then I went back to my account, and they had been added. SO, it was good, right?

NOPE. Someone got my email confused and TOOK THE POINTS OUT and just left it like it had been before I bought over $400 of Memeboxes. 

I've emailed and emailed. I get an automated response and nothing else. And ask me if I've even seen a Memebox yet! No, Not even a glimpse of a snail.

How do I learn how to deal with this company? IF they would just offer one monthly Memebox in a pre-paid subscription and then have a SHOP to buy the superboxes and so forth, I think everything would go a lot more smoothly. 

I want to be able to pay for it,have the company ship it, get it, enjoy it, and forget about it until the next month.

Really, is there someone who can help me with my communication to this company? I am going backwards with them, I think. 

what lots of points, @@GirlyGirlie?  As far as I know, they were only giving 5 memepoints per existing customer with their new payment processor..You had to be an existing customer in order to get those 5 memepoints.  If you just signed up after they gave those 5 points out, you wouldn't get them.

And I think the only boxes that give you points back are the Milk(5), Wholegrain(5), Nature(3) - I believe.  

I never have an issue contacting them.    I keep my emails simple and to the point.  If I have multiple issues, I break it up into multiple emails. 

Also, they are very clear up front about their shipping schedule.  This program is not for the impatient and believe me, I feel your frustration of ordering boxes and then waiting!!  I have ordered 19 boxes!!  I have gotten 3 so far, my 3rd just came yesterday.

I have had an issue contacting them.  The main issue was that they didn't get back to me for a week!  It was my first box and I forgot that I had made an account and so I got an error when completing my order.  The order went through but wasn't listed on my account and seemed to have no account associated with it.  Didn't get a resolution on that one.  Still got the box though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

what lots of points, @@GirlyGirlie?  As far as I know, they were only giving 5 memepoints per existing customer with their new payment processor..You had to be an existing customer in order to get those 5 memepoints.  If you just signed up after they gave those 5 points out, you wouldn't get them.

And I think the only boxes that give you points back are the Milk(5), Wholegrain(5), Nature(3) - I believe.  

I never have an issue contacting them.    I keep my emails simple and to the point.  If I have multiple issues, I break it up into multiple emails. 

Also, they are very clear up front about their shipping schedule.  This program is not for the impatient and believe me, I feel your frustration of ordering boxes and then waiting!!  I have ordered 19 boxes!!  I have gotten 3 so far, my 3rd just came yesterday.
They gave me the right amount of points to begin with. They had a special promo for the new payment they are using for purchases made during a 48 hour period. They are back in my account, but I doubt I will be ordering from them in the future. I finally saw some past boxes and it's not what I thought it would be based upon my one tube of Misscha BB cream, which seems to be high quality, and has packaging befitting the contents.

Obviously,the promo did not occur witht my first order with them or I wouldn't have received notification of the promo via email.. I ordered boxes which also had points for purchasing them. It added up to be quite a lot. I don't even want them at all now.

They can keep their points as far as I'm concerned. I don't think this is for me. I like USA and French luxury branded cosmetics and skin care, but now that I've finally seen some photos of some " Superboxes"--- underwhelmed.

Too much cutesy " Hello Kitty" factor for me. I'll save that for my Skoshbox  sub. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@GirlyGirlie, well not all subs are for everyone.  The only promo was the 5 points only for the new processor, so that was only $5.00. 

I've only gotten one hello kitty item and it was snapped up in a trade like that!  So, I am fine with a cutsey product now & then - I can always gift it to my nieces. 

I am not a fan of high end luxury brands as I find them too heavily scented for me

Hi guys, I'm new to this thread and Memebox but I just ordered a few boxes last week. If my Memebox from Nature was scheduled to be shipped in May, will it be shipped immediately now? I also have some seperate products, will they ship those separately too? Thanks.

Hi guys, I'm new to this thread and Memebox but I just ordered a few boxes last week. If my Memebox from Nature was scheduled to be shipped in May, will it be shipped immediately now? I also have some seperate products, will they ship those separately too? Thanks.
hi @ and welcome to the memebox world!! 

If you ordered a box that has already started shipping, they will be shipping it to you within 3-4 days.   If your other items that you ordered are with the Nature box in the same order, they might be shipping in the same box - I do not know for sure.  However, if you ordered items in a different order or one with a box that hasn't started shipping, they will ship separately.

does that make sense?

Thanks @@biancardi! It does make a lot of sense. Do you guys receive email notifications when your box is shipped? 

Thanks @@biancardi! It does make a lot of sense. Do you guys receive email notifications when your box is shipped? 
I get an email notification about a week or so before it ships to ensure that my address and everything is correct.  I do get an email a couple days after my box ships with a tracking number, but I usually haunt my order page in memebox before then, as they will have the tracking number there before I get the email :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for breaking down and the different boxes and the lingo. I'm pretty new to Memebox and I definitely had a hard time choosing a first box because I couldn't distinguish the difference between all the options. I started with just a basic Memebox for my first order and I liked it so much that I ordered Superboxes after that. I'm currently waiting for my 5th Superbox to arrive. Seriously addicted!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm even contemplating getting rid of my other box subscriptions because compared to Memebox, they totally pale in comparison. The product quality is great. I loved the Missha Superbox. I think every product in it was a hit! I also loved the SEP (lacey) sheet mask I got in my first box. I'm currently searching ebay for a vendor to buy some more from. I do hate the ship time though, that's the only downside to Memebox.

I haven't ordered a Luckybox yet, does anyone know how they chose the products that go in them? I'm a little afraid of repeat products.

Thank you @biancardi. 

@@mcgregg1, I'm on the same boat. Memebox is sooo good-value. I'm about to cancel my birchbox and switch to meme. 

Latest posts

Back