Luxx22

Beauteque Beauty Bag: New Korean Cosmetics Subscription *May Contain Spoilers*

I've always ignored what anyone, whether it's beauteque or memebox etc, puts as the value. They could price something as being worth 11 billion dollars for all I notice. I take two things into consideration. Do I feel what I spent was worth what I got? And if I paid for all the items myself, what would I have paid compared to what I paid for the box. This is where Beauteque loses me. I think what I pay for the bag is too close (or the same) to what it would cost me to buy the items myself. And yes, I do use RRS or TK to figure that out because that's where I would be buying from. I don't think the bags are terrible, just not enough value for me especially since I'm not interested in the lifestyle items. But, having said that, I haven't ruled out ever getting one of their bags. I'm still on wait and see mode. Maybe once the meme withdrawal hits I'll be all over them. 

This is absolutely legit to me!  Not that you need me to validate anything for you, haha.  Just, yeah, I get this.  For me, I still looooooove the curation and surprise factor.  A lot of times, I don't know what I want to try next!  I need someone to pick that out for me, heh.  So with these types of bags/boxes, I get someone going "here try this!" and I didn't have to research it or pull the trigger on ordering it blind or whatever.

ETA to add that if the value starts creeping closer to $30, I won't put up with it.  But a $50 box for $30 is worth it for me, especially considering my love of the surprise/curation aspect.

Edited by moosie
  • Like 1

hello, I initially wasn't going to comment and as much as I agree with everyone else that most companys put retail prices, I must say that memebox does that as well. I'm not a big fan of memebox after all they've done to their customers; however, there wasn't a time in which I've checked the actual price for memebox was there a difference. of course, I don't check that often but when I do, I do see the same price.

I don't buy from beauteque and I'm not stating it to be true for every item they list, but a quick search in comparing memebox and beauteque prices for holika holika items, beauteque inflated their value slightly:

http://www.beauteque.com/look-back-head-to-toe-usa/

(beauteque price for the shower gel)

http://www.holikaholika.ca/products/body-care/aloe-92-shower-gel/

(actual holika pricing for same item)

http://us.memebox.com/usa-shop/aqua-max-ultra-moisture-cream

(memebox pricing for cream)

http://www.holikaholika.ca/products/cream/aqua-max-moisture-cream/

(holika pricing)

Those prices on the Holika Holika website are in Canadian $, which is usually much higher than what you'll pay in the US. So if they charge $12 CDN it's more like $8-10 US, which means the prices are inflated a bit more. 

This is absolutely legit to me!  Not that you need me to validate anything for you, haha.  Just, yeah, I get this.  For me, I still looooooove the curation and surprise factor.  A lot of times, I don't know what I want to try next!  I need someone to pick that out for me, heh.  So with these types of bags/boxes, I get someone going "here try this!" and I didn't have to research it or pull the trigger on ordering it blind or whatever.

ETA to add that if the value starts creeping closer to $30, I won't put up with it.  But a $50 box for $30 is worth it for me, especially considering my love of the surprise/curation aspect.

The part that attracted me most to memebox at first was having someone else say "Here! Use this". Now that I have a little more idea what I like, I don't need that as much. Plus, I'm easily swayed by what people here and on reddit seem to love. I just need someone to rave about something that is suitable for my skin type and it ends up on my wishlist. 

• Like 4

The part that attracted me most to memebox at first was having someone else say "Here! Use this". Now that I have a little more idea what I like, I don't need that as much. Plus, I'm easily swayed by what people here and on reddit seem to love. I just need someone to rave about something that is suitable for my skin type and it ends up on my wishlist. 

hahah I'm the SAME way. I read kbeauty blogs and just add stuff to my TesterKorea wishlist all day long. LOL. I swear if I bought everything in my wishlist right now it would be over $500....not like I don't already have a million skincare products, but of course I have to have more lol

• Like 2

Me, too!!  And I have so much already that I don't really need it either but... what if it's my new hg, you know?!  It could be!! :D

• Like 1

omg - we all think alike!   pod people!! hahaha  Yep, I am the same way....just dangle that bright shiny toy in front of me and I wanz it.

• Like 1

That's what I thought. Since the shipping is so high international I'm not sure if it's worth it. Might have to eye it for a little while and see if they step up a tad. Thank you @@biancardi for the reply :)

• Like 3

Haha, so I tried the A'pieu tea tree stuff last night, and first sniff and I was immediately 12  years old again, rifling through the medicine cabinet at home.  Around that time, my mom had allllllll the Melaleuca products, because she had several friends who sold that line (for all you other Olds, remember how big that was in the early 90s?), and woooooooow that scent took me right back.  It's strong!  Good thing I love tea tree.

Very initial impression: I liked it.  It's light and absorbs quickly, and i didn't break out after one use.

• Like 1

Just got my Feb. bag today and I'm very pleased with it.  Got the bright sunny yellow towel -- one of my favorite colors.  Everything else is well-sealed and very new.  Yep, happy camper!

• Like 2

Just got my Feb. bag today and I'm very pleased with it.  Got the bright sunny yellow towel -- one of my favorite colors.  Everything else is well-sealed and very new.  Yep, happy camper!

yeah!!  I am still waiting for mine to ship out!  haha - it should be this week - my choices were too popular ;)

yeah!!  I am still waiting for mine to ship out!  haha - it should be this week - my choices were too popular ;)

yep I'm still waiting for my shipment notice too, i hope i don't have to email for it every month, looking forward to the bag arriving,

its been a while .

My january bag has not arrived yet... I emailed them but they do not know where it is! I hope it did not get lost or something! ^^

My january bag has not arrived yet... I emailed them but they do not know where it is! I hope it did not get lost or something! ^^

can they ship out another bag for you?   I hope it is just is being slow and not lost.

I hope so too! I will wait a bit longer and mail them again! ^^

I ordered the MBD Bulgarian Rose mask box the other day (along with the Look Back BB bag), when Beauteque had the free shipping code, and apparently it's out of stock.  I got an email from CS today, asking me to pick another MBD mask box to sub in for it.  I'm getting Royal Jelly, yay!  I actually only bought the rose because it was on sale, heh.

• Like 6

y'all, I love that eyebrow pencil.  The color is exactly what I wanted (I got #3, the black/brown), and I'm able to use a very light hand to get the application I need.  I've been using the tea tree stuff every day and zero reaction or breakout problems, and i do like it, but so far that pencil is the hit of the bag for me. 

Beauteque just announced on Instagram they are launching a NEW monthly subscription service

called Mask Maven. :)

Details to follow.

(according to their post)

• Like 5

Beauteque just announced on Instagram they are launching a NEW monthly subscription service

called Mask Maven. :)

Details to follow.

(according to their post)

oh man, enable me please!

haha

• Like 4

I'm excited!! :D Can't wait to see how many masks there are each month and the cost etc. :)

Also, I know some of you have been waiting for more news on the blogger-curated bags. There were some issues with scheduling as one of the bloggers needed more time, so now the releases will be in March.

Has anyone gotten their Pink bag yet? I'm so curious to see what's inside! haha :)

• Like 4

My skinfood eyebrow pencil had the pencil fall out into the lid.  :(  I have to put it back in each time to use it.  

My skinfood eyebrow pencil had the pencil fall out into the lid.   :(  I have to put it back in each time to use it.  

:( what a bummer

My skinfood eyebrow pencil had the pencil fall out into the lid.   :(  I have to put it back in each time to use it.  

Ugh that is the worst :(

I've had that happen with a few korean brand pencils, interestingly enough. Maybe that's why they're so cheap? My favorite brow pencil is still the Etude House one we got in the very first BB bag. I used that up in no time LOL