Luxx22

Beauteque Beauty Bag: New Korean Cosmetics Subscription *May Contain Spoilers*

Saffyra and MissJexie I am interested in your bags! I haven't try ANY Korean product yet! So I hope it will be a good way to catch up and I believe you chose best of the best? ;-D

• Like 2

Saffyra and MissJexie I am interested in your bags! I haven't try ANY Korean product yet! So I hope it will be a good way to catch up and I believe you chose best of the best? ;-D

Hmm... 

I hate to say this, but I wouldn't say that any of us chose the best of the best...not that we didn't want to, but this was a "collaboration" with beauteque. We didn't have complete creative control.

We had to stay within a budget, and also only had so many products and brands to choose from. Not to mention...if I put the best of the best in my bag, it would probably have cost over $100 LOL :(

I chose a theme that I thought would be fun, and chose products that I've personally tried myself, or was interested in including in my bag because I trust. Also, my most important rule for my bag was that I wanted it to be affordable. I work part time for barely any money, and I know how much it sucks to really want a high-end subscription and never being able to afford it. I wanted my bag to be as low of a price as possible, while still being a high value with products I enjoy or find interesting.

Just like the curators of Memeboxes in the past, we did have our hands tied with some aspects of the process as Beauteque also had some say in the final product of the bags as well. 

It's been a lot of back and forth e-mails with Beauteque, and I'm a perfectionist...so while I'm not 100% thrilled with the final outcome of my bag, I can say that I'm 100% certain I would buy it myself. Not to mention, all the blogger bags look AMAZING compared to the latest Memeboxes LOL...those are such a hot mess.

• Like 4

Just when I thought I was done with spending on K beauty for a while, now I know my wallet is going to be taking another hit in the next week or so! My excitement has really died down lately, after all the changes at Memebox, plus I have so much stuff at this point that I wasn't even all that motivated to renew my Beauteque Monthly subscription when it runs out in a few months. Then the breakfast bag is released this week, and I was all over that! Now the blogger bags have me excited again! Seriously, though, I have so much stuff that I'm really not going to buy or subscribe to anything further unless it is so perfect for me that I might suffer from major FOMO!

• Like 3

Well, I know I picked things that either I thought were irresistibly cute, my favorite brand for a certain kind of product, had really great ingredients or were too fun to pass up...

As MissJexie mentioned it's a collaboration so it's not like I could put LJH Tea Tree Essence in it because I love it. We had to work with the brands available.

I like my bag :D

• Like 4

Well, I know I picked things that either I thought were irresistibly cute, my favorite brand for a certain kind of product, had really great ingredients or were too fun to pass up...

As MissJexie mentioned it's a collaboration so it's not like I could put LJH Tea Tree Essence in it because I love it. We had to work with the brands available.

I like my bag :D

That's really what I mean- you know i've had some issues with getting my bag to where I really wanted it. There are time constraints, shipping issues, pricing issues etc etc etc that just take away from the magical experience that I always have in my head. The process of collaborating on a bag is much different than I always imagined lol. It's reality, but I'm the kind of person who always thinks things can be better. It's part of my OCD- I will make a decision and then sit on it for a night and feel like I made a huge mistake and panic about it lol. I know I worked hard on this bag, I'm proud of it, and I love it, but I won't sit here and say these are my holy grail products, but more so products I'm fond of or that have worked well for me that fit into my chosen theme. Considering we were asked to choose from a list of themes rather than just put stuff in a bag that we liked, y'know? In the end everything worked out, although I'm not sure if I would go through the process again- it was very stressful LOL

• Like 5

I am really not happy with their shipping -  I ordered the breakfast bag on march 1st - before any newsletters went out that it was available.  their FAQ's state that orders will go out next business day.    It still hasn't shipped.

I hate having to dog them on the shipping issues, but this is out of hand.  I am looking forward to the bloggers bags but they need to stop releasing items if they CANNOT SHIP THEM OUT based on their own FAQ terms.

yes, my patience has hit a point here.

• Like 4

I'm considering the breakfast one but I'm still holding off to see if my monthly bag ever gets here.

It actually physically pains me when i see them release a new bag before handling their shipping issues. 

I really think they need to take a step back, sort out the issues they're having with backed up orders and shipping, and then re-evaluate before deciding to release a new bag(s). I'm worried about my bag. I wasn't when I first started this process, but I'm hoping things turn around or at least start to by the time it's released.

I've been trying really hard to be a buffer between Beauteque since I work with them, and the readers of my blog that have had issues with them. This entire situation is frustrating. I really do like Beauteque and also like working with them- but I'm constantly stressed and worried because my readers are messaging me about the issues they're having with Beauteque and I feel responsible. Sigh.

All I can say is I hope they have a plan in place and that everything smooths out soon. :(

• Like 1

I almost feel guilty that I haven't had any shipping issues!  My monthly bags have always been here in the first part of the month, and I'm not a blogger.  (knock on wood, though, since I don't have March's bag yet.) I didn't have any weird product substitutions, and I've been pretty happy overall with the bags.

I like supporting small businesses.  I *REALLY* like supporting women-owned and run small businesses. But at the end of the day, a business is a business, and they need to provide the service they promised in the time frame they promised.

The situation with Beauteque is frustrating because they have the potential to do so well- they are positioned in the market at the right place/time - and they are filling a void right now.  If they have too many balls in the air right now and can't keep it together, then they should scale back, and I don't understand why they aren't.  A new sub bag?  New one-off bags coming out all the time?  If your business is running smoothly and handling things well, then great!!  But that's not the case right now, and I just don't get why they keep pushing this stuff out when they are obviously having problems.  Scale back until you can do what you do extremely well on a consistent basis.  Add new bags/features in from there. 

I feel for anyone dealing with shipping or product issues.  This should be a fun experience.  It's why we do this, right?  When it becomes a hassle and a headache, it stops being fun, and it stops being worth it. 

That said, I am very excited to see what @@Saffyra & @@MissJexie 's bags contain!

• Like 6

Exactly what @@moosie said.  Right down to the supporting women owned and run small businesses.

They need to scale back.  I don't know what insanity caused them to start a mask sub when they don't even have their bag sub going out properly.

• Like 4

I just want my stuff!  like I need more stuff!! haha   I just love to try out new things   Also, I want to give the banana hand cream to my niece - the other niece is getting a blueberry lip balm :)

and I think I can guess what the "dup" product might be for @@MissJexie's bag - I could be wrong, but I only remember one honey product in a bag recently :D

• Like 2

I lucked out this time, my breakfast bag shipped out right away. It's supposed to be delivered today, but since it hasn't yet been scanned anywhere close to where I live, I'm guessing it'll be delayed to tomorrow or Saturday. If I do get it today, I'll post the contents if nobody else has (I don't think there have been spoilers yet?).

• Like 4

@theori3  the only spoiler was the banana and the choices...  there are still 4 other items -please post your bag!! They got back to me and said it was shipped out, but I have no tracking right now now.

• Like 1

@theori3  the only spoiler was the banana and the choices...  there are still 4 other items -please post your bag!! They got back to me and said it was shipped out, but I have no tracking right now now.

That's what I thought! I'll definitely post mine if there still aren't spoilers by the time it arrives :)

ETA: Mail just arrived with no breakfast bag... I'm guessing the weather out east has delayed it. Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow!

Edited by theori3
  • Like 2

I came home to my breakfast bag!!  I am pretty happy about it except for one item, as I keep giving it away! haha

post-103689-0-94631800-1425601673_thumb.jpg

post-103689-0-03677300-1425601676_thumb.jpg

some people might not be happy about the apron, but I can use one - I don't have one and it is nice to have when I am making a mess in the kitchen!

• Like 4

I came home to my breakfast bag!!  I am pretty happy about it except for one item, as I keep giving it away! haha

post-103689-0-94631800-1425601673_thumb.jpg

post-103689-0-03677300-1425601676_thumb.jpg

some people might not be happy about the apron, but I can use one - I don't have one and it is nice to have when I am making a mess in the kitchen!

I have to say, I have liked all the extra lifestyle items I've seen in bags, this one included.  And LOL at

"to use: tie the string around your back."

• Like 2

@moosie  I just wondered why

a sleeping pack was in a breakfast bag!  haha  that is the item I keep giving away, as it has jasmine & rose in it :(

• Like 1

a sleeping pack was in a breakfast bag!  haha  that is the item I keep giving away, as it has jasmine & rose in it :(

Haha, I didn't even think about that, but you're totally right!

Because it's

tea!

• Like 2

Because it's

tea!

Hee, see, this is why I leave it to the experts! ;)

Edited by moosie
  • Like 1

haha  -

I knew that the tea factored in there, but a sleeping pack at breakfast time?  well, I have been known on the weekend, to get up, have my coffee and then go back to sleep ;)

• Like 1

haha guys you don't have to spoiler-cover everything! The thread does say "may contain spoilers" so people can view it at their own risk. ;)

I'm pleased with this bag. I think the products are not supposed to be themed around using them at breakfast-time, but more that they contain ingredients or look like foods that you would eat at Breakfast. :)

I think the apron is a cute idea, although I would have loved to see cloth half-apron with little pockets or something kawaii-looking haha :3

• Like 3

I finally got my january bag! They gave me a cherry blossom scent, as they were out of the other scents! ^^

• Like 3