OH well that's not too bad. Does it take forever to ship, or pretty quick? I mean like 2 weeks I would expect, but if it's 2 months that might be a bit much. Just planning for holidays!

There's a little imam thread about this. Most people said about 2.5 weeks. My first order was 3 while the second was I think in between 2-2.5 weeks.

• Like 1

OH well that's not too bad. Does it take forever to ship, or pretty quick? I mean like 2 weeks I would expect, but if it's 2 months that might be a bit much. Just planning for holidays!

I got my Halloween order in a little over 2 weeks. No tracking though so it just shows up one day. I was a little irked because the Halloween collection arrived on Halloween giving me no time to play with them or review before then.
  • Like 1

Yeah, just FYI it is INSANELY expensive to put tracking on anything shipping from Australia, so it is pretty nerve-wracking when ordering from there. Before BlackMilk opened their US shop I used to die a little inside any time I made an order!

ETA: NZ is the same, but I don't think it goes for all countries. I think it just has to do with their post options.

Edited by Shalott

I still haven't heard about my NM order from Oct. 12th. I feel bad about emailing though like I'm being impatient.

I don't thibh I've seen it mentioned here yet but will anyone be partaking in the GDE exclusives to Femme Fatales shop? They are all really pretty and I plan on getting them whenever I feel like making a femme fatale order.

Anyone picking up GDE shadows from Femme Fatale, make sure you look at Smelt of Elderberries lipgloss from Shiro.  It too is exclusive to Femme Fatale.  It is my favorite of the Shiro glosses I have tried.  They also have some exclusive Shiro shadows.

• Like 3

I still haven't heard about my NM order from Oct. 12th. I feel bad about emailing though like I'm being impatient.

You should, I ordered the Grisly Grimoires late, as in I didn't preorder, and kindly emailed and asked if there was any chance I would be getting it before Halloween. She assured me she would do her best to get it out to me before then. Then it was Tuesday before or something and I emailed again, asking for any update. She said oh sure she'd be trying to get it out that day. And then on the 30th I got a shipping email, that is still in Pre-Shipment even now. I'm so pissed that she didn't just tell me it wasn't going to get there in time instead of leading me on. Sure I ordered late, and asked her for special treatment for my order to get it in time, but she didn't have to tell me she was going to get it out to me in time, when she wasn't. Do not lie to me, it's the biggest no-no I have with customer service and especially indies.

I placed an order on 10/11 and I had shipping info for it last week and received it on 10/31.  I placed that before the TAT jumped up though (I don't recall when that happened).  I placed another order on 10/17 and I feel like I'm going to be 100 years old when I receive that one (super impatient if you couldn't tell :lol: )

Edited by chelsealynn

You should, I ordered the Grisly Grimoires late, as in I didn't preorder, and kindly emailed and asked if there was any chance I would be getting it before Halloween. She assured me she would do her best to get it out to me before then. Then it was Tuesday before or something and I emailed again, asking for any update. She said oh sure she'd be trying to get it out that day. And then on the 30th I got a shipping email, that is still in Pre-Shipment even now. I'm so pissed that she didn't just tell me it wasn't going to get there in time instead of leading me on. Sure I ordered late, and asked her for special treatment for my order to get it in time, but she didn't have to tell me she was going to get it out to me in time, when she wasn't. Do not lie to me, it's the biggest no-no I have with customer service and especially indies.

Sorry to hear that.  What a crummy situation.  It sucks to get your Halloween collection AFTER Halloween.  Considering it was for Halloween there should have been a disclaimer that you might not get it until after Halloween if you didn't preorder (and maybe there was...I wasn't that interested in these sets so wasn't really following them).  Still kind of unfortunate though.

ATTENTION PDXERS! SHIRO IS GOING TO BE AT LIVE-ACTION ETSY IN DECEMBER! I mean Crafty Wonderland!

• Like 2

I preordered mine on the 6th...and I got it on the 29th....so it definitely took awhile. However, I'd be irritated with her telling you something and not following through.

I am so sorry you are dealing with that! I feel bad though now because I just got shipment so now I definitely feel like I was just being inpatient. I hope you get yours soon!

I am so sorry you are dealing with that! I feel bad though now because I just got shipment so now I definitely feel like I was just being inpatient. I hope you get yours soon!

Oh good, I'm glad you got a shipping notice!  :) and I hope mine arrives soon too

I don't have an indie makeup yet but do plan to buy a few products before the end of the year. I saw some Charmed Collection eye shadows.  I think I'm going to get 'Hell Hath No Fury'

I also saw on Notoriously Morbid they have a Supernatural collection. I want to get 'Eye of the Tiger' and maybe 'Hallelujah'. I also want a sample of 'Shoes to Kill for' in the OZ collection and 'Crimson Horror' in the Doctor Who collection. 

One thing I wish I could find is horror movie based collections. Sounds weird, I know but I am a horror fanatic and if I found like a It or A Nightmare on Elm Street or even Scream collection I'd die. 

• Like 3

Woohoo I bought samples of Aromaleighs Serpens collection during their flash sale today. I also need to preorder the holiday collection it's too pretty!

I know everyone has moved on already but I finally got my October NM VC!  I got the sample Shadow in Don't think so loud and can someone tell me what the green goo in the bag is?  TIA!

post-84001-0-17962800-1415061559_thumb.jpg

I know everyone has moved on already but I finally got my October NM VC!  I got the sample Shadow in Don't think so loud and can someone tell me what the green goo in the bag is?  TIA!

lol I had a ring pop sucker that was green...maybe it melted?

• Like 1

OH man. My DarlingClandestine and Sugar and Spite orders both came today - I am in perfume heaven.I didn't get much, so here is just a quick run down:

Sugar and Spite

- Grimoire Perfume Oil. Dark, smoky, woody, spicy, I love it. But this is a seriously dark scent and one that will definitely have a time and a place. Probably the most Halloween-seasonal scent I have tried thus far.

- Dessert Absinthe Perfume Oil. This scent is CRAZY. Wow, so it starts of kind of... well, gross. And just a cold sniff from the vial is about the same. But once you put it on, and it warms up HOLY MOLY it smells EXACTLY like Absinthe, just like dessert-freaking-absinthe. It is sweet, and a little minty, and heavily of Anise and what. This is crazy, and again definitely not an everyday scent but I am seriously impressed and I would totally wear this to the club. (Ha ha, I don't go clubbing. I wish!) I wouldn't recommend this for anyone who doesn't like licorice scent, but I would hope those folks had already guessed, what with Absinthe in the name, and all. ;)

DarlingClandestine

- Carny Wedding Solid Perfume. Okay, perfume solids are my favorite above all, so I might be biased, but this is my favorite of what I ordered, and might be among the favorites of what I own. It is slightly sweet, like spun sugar, but with a smoky, incense-y base. There is a slight disharmony to the notes that make it so interesting to my olfactory senses that I can't stop sniffing. However, at a distance they melt together into something warm and inviting, just what I like.

- Selas Perfume Oil. Starts out heavily floral then dries down to a dusty, sweet kind of soft florally-green scent. Ugh, super hard to put into words, but I think this scent, out of all four, is probably the easiest, or a least the most versatile to wear. I wouldn't say it is an "every day" scent, but will be really nice for special occasions.

Final verdict - will order from both again! The shipping time for both was good (unlike another that I ordered waaay before these and hasn't shipped, *cough**cough*) and both sent extra goodies. Sugar and Spite sent a lump of Lavender and Fig soap, which smells like literal Heaven, and DC sent so much candy I could have passed it out to trick-or-treaters! Obviously, I ate it all. The products are really nice, love the complexity of the scents and am definitely happy with the purchases!

Inserting disclaimer that these are my opinions based on wearing the scents on my skin. I am not trying to say they will smell/work the same for everyone! :D

-

• Like 2

I got my Darling Clandestine order today too! I blindly ordered myself a full size Selas and I'm so glad I did! I love the book and the character the scent is based on, so that was partially why I bought it. And there were a few other things, but I haven't tested them yet.

• Like 1

I don't have an indie makeup yet but do plan to buy a few products before the end of the year. I saw some Charmed Collection eye shadows. I think I'm going to get 'Hell Hath No Fury'

I also saw on Notoriously Morbid they have a Supernatural collection. I want to get 'Eye of the Tiger' and maybe 'Hallelujah'. I also want a sample of 'Shoes to Kill for' in the OZ collection and 'Crimson Horror' in the Doctor Who collection.

One thing I wish I could find is horror movie based collections. Sounds weird, I know but I am a horror fanatic and if I found like a It or A Nightmare on Elm Street or even Scream collection I'd die.

Innocent and Twisted has a collection based on "saw" and is 31% off with the code "halloweenies" through 9pm PST tonight!

I got my Darling Clandestine order today too! I blindly ordered myself a full size Selas and I'm so glad I did! I love the book and the character the scent is based on, so that was partially why I bought it. And there were a few other things, but I haven't tested them yet.

It's really nice! I'm not familiar at all with the inspiration, but I am glad I got it - I just picked up a Bitsy, though, not the full size. May have to get one when it comes back in stock in the future!

I got my CocoaPink order today, and I like almost everything. I'll put my comments under a spoiler cut because it might be a little long.

Princess Poo Shampoo: I chickened out and got the Herbal Essence type scent just in case I wasn't a fan of the CocoaPink scent blends. I love the shampoo. I could feel my hair getting softer while I was rinsing it out.

Ends with Benefits conditioner: Got this in the Herbal Essence type, too, so that they'd match. I like it a lot. My hair looks shiny and feels really nice.

Dry Oil Spray: I got this in Apricot Eyelet and Orange Blossom. I like the actual product. It soaks into my skin well and it doesn't feel greasy. The Orange Blossom is my favorite of the two scents. It's very citrusy, and almost like lemon verbena. It doesn't smell like orange blossom at all to me, unfortunately. The Apricot Eyelet scent is very foodie. Straight out of the bottle it smells just like vanilla cake batter. However, when it dries I do get the apricot scent, plus the cake batter scent. I'm not a foodie scent person, but I like it fine.

Linen Spray: I chose Candied Fruits, Victorian Forest, Haunted Forest, Twist of Lime Noel, and Paper Butterfly. Straight off:
- Paper Butterfly: The description sounded so good (amber, pale musk, sugar, etc.) but I just don't like it. It's like extra musky and kind of smells a bit like a headshop, which I hate.

- Candied Fruits: I like this one. It's very sweet, but not cloying. It's a "dark" candy scent.

- Victorian Forest: Love this! It just smells so much like Christmas. It's piney and minty and great.

- Haunted Forest: I don't love this one. I smell a strange herbal note that is not in the description. The blurb for the scent mentions woodsy, teakwood, and dark pomegranate, but I don't really get much of any of those.

- Twist of Lime Noel: At first spray, this smells like if Pine Sol and a lime had a baby together. and I love that! (I know that's weird.) When it dries, I get the vanilla scent on top of that.

Plus I got some free samples!

- Voluptous Body Butter in Venetian Waltz: The product itself feels very nice. It's a thick formula, but it melts right into my skin. The scent is way, way too foodie for me, though. It's like cake batter + molasses, and when it dries I swear I smell those plus raisins.

- Soft Bubbles foaming sugar scrub in Goblin- Again, I like the product, but the scent is a little too foodie for me. It's really marshmallowy and sweet.

- Argan Therapy Creme in Green Apple Noel- I haven't tried the product yet, but the sample size is quite nice. I thought I'd hate the scent, but I don't! It's heavy on the green apple and light on the vanilla. Very nice.

I'm pretty happy with my purchase!

Edited by Imberis
  • Like 3

@@Imberis Your description of Venetian Waltz made me so hungry. I would kill for a cake with molasses and raisins. Maybe not so much a body butter though... :lol: