I recently got on the Haus of Gloi bandwagon (thanks enablers!) so I haven't experienced a release yet--do new products go super fast like some other companies?

Yes, yes they do!

• Like 1

It's the 2nd, you are in the clear!! Noon PST :)

Boo...that'll fall during my hair appointment. I hope they have great wifi, here's to cell phone shopping! :D

• Like 3

just got shipping confirmation for my HoG order which was placed yesterday!! 

I was going to order a full sized Elevenses perfume oil and a few sample sized perfume oils I've been wanting to try but was turned off when I went on their site and saw the current TAT.  Now I'm tempted to order though... Hmm...  :unsure2:

eta:  Who am I kidding.  I ordered it.  Hoping I have good luck with quick shipping as well!

Edited by chelsealynn
  • Like 2

Desperately trying to not snark in the VD future-of-the-company survey.  What I really think she should do:  A subscription, with a set number of slots.  Figure out how many packages she can get sent out over the course of, say, four days.  Prepare that many sets of whatever she's sending that particular month and have it all ready to just slap on the labels *before she opens the subs for signups*.  Other companies (NM) can handle getting subs ready after the signup window, but I don't think she can.

In semi-related news, I just watched a video review of the October i+ta sub, and the person received the sample version -- but she received clamshells.  I also receive the sample sub, but I received jars.  I even checked to see what the full-sized sub looked like because I thought I received the wrong one, but those jars looked different from what I ended up with, so I figured she just sent out larger jars for the sample people since the sub was going on hiatus.  And now I've found a review that said that the blogger contacted Linda because the blogger was also expecting clamshells, and Linda said she's trying jars this month.  Wacky.

I was going to order a full sized Elevenses perfume oil and a few sample sized perfume oils I've been wanting to try but was turned off when I went on their site and saw the current TAT.  Now I'm tempted to order though... Hmm...  :unsure2:

eta:  Who am I kidding.  I ordered it.  Hoping I have good luck with quick shipping as well!

I recently placed a HoG order when they had a two- to three-week TAT posted.  It shipped in four days.  They seem to be way off in their TAT estimates, but in a good way.

I was going to order a full sized Elevenses perfume oil and a few sample sized perfume oils I've been wanting to try but was turned off when I went on their site and saw the current TAT. Now I'm tempted to order though... Hmm... :unsure2:

eta: Who am I kidding. I ordered it. Hoping I have good luck with quick shipping as well!

If it makes you feel better, my orders have never taken as long as the stated tat. Even with the fall release and ordering on release day when I'm sure they were swamped, it was about 7 business days.

If it makes you feel better, my orders have never taken as long as the stated tat. Even with the fall release and ordering on release day when I'm sure they were swamped, it was about 7 business days.

Same here.

Thanks for all the input!  I feel like the last time (and my first) time ordering with them the TAT was pretty close to what was on their site.  It's good to know that it could be sooner than that at times.

I'm on the Fancy Bread bandwagon!!!  Holy mackerel!  I want it all.  ha ha ha.  But I'm trying to be a good girl & save for Christmas.  Ugh.  It's SO HARD.

What are the butter bombs?  They have a Marzipan one & I know I have to have it for that alone, but I don't even know what it is.  ha ha ha.  (Marzipan reminds me of Christmas in Germany. . . . oh how I miss living in Germany!!!!  It's my favorite "treat" when I can find authentic German Marzipan & I love love love the smell!)

• Like 1

I'm on the Fancy Bread bandwagon!!! Holy mackerel! I want it all. ha ha ha. But I'm trying to be a good girl & save for Christmas. Ugh. It's SO HARD.

What are the butter bombs? They have a Marzipan one & I know I have to have it for that alone, but I don't even know what it is. ha ha ha. (Marzipan reminds me of Christmas in Germany. . . . oh how I miss living in Germany!!!! It's my favorite "treat" when I can find authentic German Marzipan & I love love love the smell!)

This is HoG's description of the butter bombs:

Toss these little scoops in hot bath water for a fizzy, slightly foamy and decadently moisturizing bath. Crumble under running bath water for best results! Please be cautious when moving around or standing in the tub, these little bombs can make things slippery!

I really enjoy them, I've tried a few of them now (from the fall collection). They bubble up a bit, and leave my skin very moisturized. I've only tried them during a bath, but I think someone also mentioned using them for a foot soak/bath, which they'd also work wonderfully for that as well.

• Like 1

For those of you who have tried Cocoapink shampoos and conditioners, which is your favorite?

I'm thinking about just going ahead and getting both kinds of shampoo (princess poo and the clarifying shampoo), but there are lots of conditioners to choose from. My hair isn't terribly dry, but it could use some conditioner now and then. I feel like the cream conditioners in the tub might be a bit much for my hair, but I was wondering if anyone has tried the bottled conditioners?

• Like 1

For those of you who have tried Cocoapink shampoos and conditioners, which is your favorite?

I'm thinking about just going ahead and getting both kinds of shampoo (princess poo and the clarifying shampoo), but there are lots of conditioners to choose from. My hair isn't terribly dry, but it could use some conditioner now and then. I feel like the cream conditioners in the tub might be a bit much for my hair, but I was wondering if anyone has tried the bottled conditioners?

I've only tried the Princess Poo Shampoo (which I love!), and the Argan Therapy Creme' Conditioner which worked fine for my hair (which is dry but fine in texture). I think the Argan Therapy Creme' Conditioner would be fine for your hair, and wouldn't weigh it down (like I believe CP's thicker conditioners might do).

I have a feeling the price tag is what makes it easier to get this one. Maybe a little bit of unknown quantity (I don't think people went bonkers over the VC until the value started getting out), but mostly the fact that it costs even more than Glossybox. And also the part where it's ass o'clock in the morning on the West Coast.

• Like 3

And also the part where it's ass o'clock in the morning on the West Coast.

Speaking of, I have sleep and kitty cuddles to get back to. Glad everyone snagged one!

• Like 2

Speaking of, I have sleep and kitty cuddles to get back to. Glad everyone snagged one!

SO JEALOUS. I leave for work at 5:45 in the morning. I've broken out the bright pink polarfleece already due to the safety factor. (And also because it dries more quickly than cotton, and the rainy season is in full force.)

I totally got up and went to work an hour early, because work=Mac daddy servers.  Looks like I could have easily ordered from my phone under the covers haha.  Puppy was not happy about being forced to get up early and sent outside in the 37 degree darkness.  :blush: