flawless makeup question

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a question thats been bothering me for a while now and no can seem to help me.

I see pictures and tutorials of girls with absolute perfect make up and I can't seem to get the same result no matter what I try. I've tried super expensive makeup and drugstore makeup, i've worked hard on diagnosing my skin type and making sure I buy products that match my skin (I have oily skin) but nothing I do works.

The concealer and undereye makeup keeps creasing. I've tried e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g from BB cream, liquid concealer and presses concealer and I just look much Older than I really am. The creasing that's visible with makeup is not when i'm not wearing any.

Because I have oily skin, during the day it just feels like my face is melting and no matter what I try I can't seem to make it work.

Girls, HELP!

Hi there :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Well, first I'd just like to point out that SO MANY pictures on the internet have been photoshopped/retouched/filtered. So, this 'perfect' makeup you're seeing might not actually be so perfect. 

Second, as far as the creasing goes, are you using a primer at all? And what are you using to apply your make up?

Obviously things work differently on everyone so I can't say this will for sure work for you but I started using primer (Rimmel Stay Matte for my face & Urban Decay Primer Potion for eyes) a while back and it's made a really huge different. Also, used to always apply my foundation with my fingers or a brush, but I finally got myself a Beauty Blender sponge and it looks so much smoother/even now! I know there are a lot of people out there who don't think they're worth all the hype, but I definitely do.

Anyway, maybe you could share a little more about your daily routine with us? I know there are a lot of ladies on here who struggle with the same issues & I'm sure they'd be happy to share suggestions with you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Well, first I'd just like to point out that SO MANY pictures on the internet have been photoshopped/retouched/filtered. So, this 'perfect' makeup you're seeing might not actually be so perfect. 

Second, as far as the creasing goes, are you using a primer at all

Beauty Blender sponge and it looks so much smoother/even now
Make sure you are setting your foundation with powder after, this helps stop the creasing. I use Ben Nye banana powder, its amazing. They also have a translucent version. 

I agree with everything else said though

True with what everyone else has posted. To prevent creasing, use non-buildable powders such as translucent, blot, *HD, and no colour powders.

*A-list celebrities doing promotional events are the only people that should never wear HD powders. Everyone else can.

Back