Could use some reccomendations. Sort of embarrased...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone! So I am new to this forum and...........I'm a guy. Haha. I have had nothing but issues with acne since I was a kid (I am in my mid 20's now). Everything acne wise has gone away, except for my forehead acne! I have no problems looking at some light makeup/concealer/primer to wear at this point, since it's obviously not going away anytime soon. The acne really hurts my self esteem, so I'm ready to remedy it. I am just scared about being called out on it, or it being too obvious

I have combination skin, except in my "T-Area" which is very oily. I don't know where to start. Obviously I want something non-comedogenic, and something that is fairly light and not "cakey". I don't mind spending a bit on quality products (i.e. MAC) , but I don't need anything extravagant, as its only going to go on my forehead and nose (if necessary). I'd like to find the best "bang for the buck" products, per say.

Thanks for all of your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody has a different concealer that works for them.. it's really a trial and error. We've ALL been through the rough road of figuring out concealers. If you don't mind spending, MAC is a good place to start. Maybe ask different makeup counters for samples? Make sure you get help color matching as well.

Personally, I use the bareminerals creamy concealer now. I love their stuff. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and it has never bothered me. I've actually been using their products since I started medication for my acne (and no longer have to use)! I have fair skin and light2 matches me perfectly. I've gone through so many. It's what I use now to cover blemishes, dark circles, and my nose because it's soo red.

This is it http://www.bareescentuals.com/SPF-20-Correcting-Concealer/USMasterCorrectingConcealer,en_US,pd.html

Don't be embarrassed! This is something you want to get help with! The people at the makeup counters are there to help and guys are nothing new to them. There is nothing wrong with trying to improve your appearance.

Good luck on your search! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all I would suggest buying a cleanser to wash your face every night. This will cleanse your pores and hopefully get rid of some of the acne.

Everyone's skin is different, so it's not always easy finding a good foundation/concealer right away. However there are a few brands that have products that are gentle for your skin such as The Body Shop. They sell a BB cream (a tinted day cream) that has natural ingredients. This should cover up some of your acne without looking too obvious that you're wearing makeup.

Just try out a few different products and see which one feels the best for your skin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Good luck!

I have found benzoyl peroxide dramatically improve the oiliness of my skin. Perhaps you could use that on your t-zone. Clearasil has a tinted benzoyl peroxide vanishing cream that may be what you're looking for. It may help control your oil and give you slight coverage. Hope this helps.

The whole reason I got into makeup was because of my acne. I went to a dermatologist and bought a whole bareminerals set in the same week. (Wanted powder foundation instead of liquid at the time). I was so embarrassed because I didn't even know how to buy makeup. The lady was sooo nice and she did my whole face for me, I was gorgeous!

If you can, even a general doctor can prescribe something for you. I used retin-a-micro for a long time. It took a couple of months, but it fixed everything! I don't even have to use it anymore. I just watch what I put on my skin and make sure I clean it carefully if I put on any heavy makeup. The best day of my life was when a friend texted me and said "I was looking at your pictures on fb and can you tell me how to get pearly pretty skin like yours?"

The right skincare/medication and some concealer can make it better.. just put the work into it! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm looking at MAC Studio Finish and MAC Pro Longwear concealer. I want to wear this alone (obviously) and I live in a HOT humid climate (Southeast). From what I am reading, the Pro will be better. I just want something that looks natural. Are these good choices?

Back