tacehtpuekam

Memebox Affiliates

I just remembered that I wrote in the Ambassador form something about not being into reviewing sample boxes, but wanting to review new, weird, unique products--and they (Lauren) actually listened! On one hand, I'd pretty much die to get My Honey. Like, I'm suddenly regretful and a bit gutted at having missed out on it. On the other hand, I have a backlog of boxes to review and I'm seriously delighted that they listened to what I said I was interested in. This bodes well for all of us, really--people who asked for no makeup probably won't be getting makeup, for example--I know @@Saffyra was wondering if they would actually go with that request.

• Like 1

I just remembered that I wrote in the Ambassador form something about not being into reviewing sample boxes, but wanting to review new, weird, unique products--and they (Lauren) actually listened! On one hand, I'd pretty much die to get My Honey. Like, I'm suddenly regretful and a bit gutted at having missed out on it. On the other hand, I have a backlog of boxes to review and I'm seriously delighted that they listened to what I said I was interested in. This bodes well for all of us, really--people who asked for no makeup probably won't be getting makeup, for example--I know @@Saffyra was wondering if they would actually go with that request.

Are the sending you a new weird unique product to review? :D

I really don't remember if I checked off makeup or not...I really hope not lol

@ I just hope you don't get weird and unique products like the one in omg4.... yikes

in a way i am sad not to be in the new program but love that you ladies are and that fanserviced might get 'weird stuff'

Edited by Jane George

so, if you got a cooch mask as a product to review, how would one review that?  lol

I would love to see the featured blog review on THAT.

• Like 1

well, the email does say you have to swatch each product and give an idea of texture...

• Like 2

well, the email does say you have to swatch each product and give an idea of texture...

hmmm, with  a mask, I would think there might be some instagrams of that and how to apply it - especially the man one.  Do you use a banana for the prop? 

• Like 1

>.<

>.<

I hope no one gets that box...

What are we supposed to say about the slimming cream?!  I don't even know the ingredients!?  Also, none of the links she sent work, so I've emailed about that.

I admit I'm a teensy bit sad I have to open some of these :*)  I wanted to keep some of their efficacy but I suppose I can rotate these in.  That rose cream has ingredients I like and it smells like tea, not roses, so I'm happy about that.

It's Koreas Most Wanted #2.

Which... as a box goes isn't bad but as Korea's Most Wanted? No.

@Saffyra  you don't need to swatch all of them, I don't believe.  The email stated that we should try to do most of them, if I remember correctly. I am not going to open up something that I cannot use and I am upfront about that. I just try to give more information on the product, such as a better description and ingredient list

Well, snap!  Did you get a different email than I did?  This is what mine says:

Please take your time in going through the box to test each item and decide how you like them :) As you create your content, please keep in mind these guidelines for what found to be attributes of high-quality reviews:

• A close-up of each product (out of its packaging), along with a first impression of the product itself
• A swatch of the product, along with a short description of the texture/consistency application/etc
• Some details about how the product works after testing it out
• The name of the product and brand visible
• The name of the box in the title of the post
• A link to where the reader might be able to find the product (see below for the links)

While it stinks to have to open each item, since it's a review box I can totally understand having to review each item.  I just secretly like to keep some until I can use them legitimately.  Of course, this is the first review box I've received in several months I haven't *HAD* to open everything.

I'm just not very good at swatching :*(  I need a new camera.

The only thing I wouldn't use would be something I'm allergic to.  Otherwise I will open and swatch everything, though I wasn't planning to originally.

• Like 1

Are the sending you a new weird unique product to review?

LOL--no idea, but they listened and didn't send a box! ahahaha Watch them send nothing now. lol

Please take your time in going through the box to test each item and decide how you like them :) As you create your content, please keep in mind these guidelines for what found to be attributes of high-quality reviews:

• A close-up of each product (out of its packaging), along with a first impression of the product itself

• A swatch of the product, along with a short description of the texture/consistency application/etc

• A link to where the reader might be able to find the product (see below for the links)

While it stinks to have to open each item, since it's a review box I can totally understand having to review each item.  I just secretly like to keep some until I can use them legitimately.  Of course, this is the first review box I've received in several months I haven't *HAD* to open everything.

The only thing I wouldn't use would be something I'm allergic to.  Otherwise I will open and swatch everything, though I wasn't planning to originally.

wow lots of conditions there

• Like 3

I need a new camera SO. BAD. It's embarrassing sometimes but I do what I can. I bought my camera for $5 at a yard sale. It's so old that most current memory cards don't work with it, so I can only take 15 photos at a time before I have to unload them and start again. My swatch pictures are DEFINITELY lacking in quality because my camera won't focus on them. I need to save up and invest in a better one, although maybe I'll get lucky and santa will bring me one for christmas ;)

There are a lot of stipulations, but since this is a complimentary box, I understand that there's a quality they're looking for specifically from their reviews. I will swatch everything, even if I can't use it/won't use it, because they probably want us to show the consistency of the product, which I get. What I don't get is them asking us to link to the product in their shop even though they're not available...at least none of mine are, currently. Maybe they're planning on carrying them at some point? 

Either way, I do need to take a few more photos (swatches and what-not) but it shouldn't be too much of a pain. :)

• Like 1

No, I got that email for the box, but when I accepted the ambassador program thing, it was different, so I am going by that.  I think those are the guidelines if you REALLY want to be showcased at their site, which I could give a rat's ass about.    I am not going to swatch something, free or not, that I am allergic to or use a product that is unsuitable for my skin type.    You don't have to do it with every product, they state it is a guideline and if you want to be "featured" by them. 

this is the original email I received

...... products to review and the potential to be featured on our site. Here’s how the program works:

1. Products will be shipped to you to review.  You can submit these reviews by simply emailing me the link at [email protected]

2. Every week, we will read each post submitted and select the most outstanding review to feature on our product pages (with a link to your original post)

3. To qualify for a feature, please make sure your review is posted within two weeks of when you receive the product :)

Based on data from our previous program, here are some guidelines for what we’ve seen to be the most effective ways to create quality reviews that drive higher subscription rates and views:

• A close-up picture of each product (out of its packaging), along with a first impression of the product itself

• A swatch of the product, along with a short description of the texture/consistency/application/etc

• The name of the product and brand

• A link to where the reader might be able to find the product (we'll provide this to you!)

btw - I think that it is good that they are giving guidelines, because I have seen a lot of free boxes "reviewed" that was just a picture of the contents and the card.  nothing more.  So, I think none of us have anything to worry about, if we continue to review the items as we have been.   I know I won't change how I review - I usually open up most of my stuff, unless it is something that I really know that I won't use ever. 

When I emailed Lauren my review link, she did respond back to me and stated that I research and my reviews are done perfectly, so I don't think she had an issue that I didn't swatch everything.  BTW - this is what she stated about the links:

I'll have links to each of those products on the Memebox site so if you have time, please change up the links :) Some products are out of stock, but it'll be helpful to know which products we should prioritize restocking (based on how many visits/wishlists we see).

Edited by biancardi
  • Like 2

The guideline is a great idea. In my opinion if someone is getting free box for review should review it professional - try every product, make good quality swatches and write impressions after few days of use. I see a lot of unprofessional review on peoples blogs and I know that they get boxes for review... They just make not good photos and there is nothing about impression. They are doing unboxing not review and that's not the point.

Aha! They are fixing the tax thing!

ughhh ok I'm going to admit it-I've never done my own taxes before and I'm going to have to this year...how the heck do I integrate the memebox stuff if I haven't been keeping track of anything? Am I doomed here or what? :( lol

I got an email from.lauren about a tax form for us citizens. I've just replied saying I'm not a us citizen so I'm not sure what to do!

Aha! They are fixing the tax thing!

How does it work if I do not actually get the cash, but memepoints?     Question to ask Lauren....

• Like 1

If it's Memepoints, I don't think you have to declare it because its like a free box.  You don't have to declare a free box unless you are running your blog as a business and are getting deductions for your home office space and things like that.  At least that's what I've deduced from my hours on the internet researching blogs and taxes.  And even then, it's iffy because unless the company said they sent you a box, declared the value of the box and then reported that to the gov't, there's no record that connects a free box to you.  Or something like that.  /sigh

So, not tax advice, of course!

I'll just get my forms and go from there when tax time rolls around.

On another note, I'm glad Lauren sent out that email.  My fears are assuaged about not adhering exactly to the guidelines.  I will open everything and try it because that's why it was sent to me for review but swatch pictures suck big time.

If it's Memepoints, I don't think you have to declare it because its like a free box.  You don't have to declare a free box unless you are running your blog as a business and are getting deductions for your home office space and things like that.  At least that's what I've deduced from my hours on the internet researching blogs and taxes.  And even then, it's iffy because unless the company said they sent you a box, declared the value of the box and then reported that to the gov't, there's no record that connects a free box to you.  Or something like that.  /sigh

So, not tax advice, of course!

I'll just get my forms and go from there when tax time rolls around.

On another note, I'm glad Lauren sent out that email.  My fears are assuaged about not adhering exactly to the guidelines.  I will open everything and try it because that's why it was sent to me for review but swatch pictures suck big time.

So, how will they report the income?  Or is it up to us to report it?  I mean, all of my commissions (so far) have been converted to points, but she is asking for the tax information.  If memepoints are considered a "free box" or products, how will Memebox break down that difference?  Or do I have to do that? 

• Like 2

• NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook