tacehtpuekam

Memebox Affiliates

Any commission under $30 will be cashed out in Memepoints by Feb 6.

Over $30 will be cashed out via Paypal. I'm assuming it would be in USD because Memebox doesn't seem like it's smart enough to figure something like that out. But it's possible Paypal may have some kind of conversion they do.

@@veritazy might know.

• Like 2

Any commission under $30 will be cashed out in Memepoints by Feb 6.

Over $30 will be cashed out via Paypal. I'm assuming it would be in USD because Memebox doesn't seem like it's smart enough to figure something like that out. But it's possible Paypal may have some kind of conversion they do.

@@veritazy might know.

Yes it has always been in USD. The conversion rates on paypal is poo....

I have gotten moneys in British pounds before and I lose almost a dollar for every 10 quid. :(

I'd prefer to keep it in USD to purchase stuff from ebay, etc in the future although it isn't a lot. 

• Like 1

for those familiar with the  linkshare affiliate program, how do payments work? Is it only monthly?  I have commissions but no payment info. I guess I have to take a check for the first payment, and I wanted to grab some of it now so I could then do direct deposit (my bank is a credit union and is in the city, so it is a pain to get to)

Does memebox have to pay them first before I get a payment?

thanks

Payments are quarterly and sent either via a check or direct deposit after you cash your first check. Linkshare is also more selective in those signing up as you must have a minimum amount of viewers to qualify for Linkshare. Of course each company on Linkshare has their own minimum requirements. I LOVE Linkshare since it's easier to use and create deep links than say Share A Sale.

• Like 2

Payments are quarterly and sent either via a check or direct deposit after you cash your first check. Linkshare is also more selective in those signing up as you must have a minimum amount of viewers to qualify for Linkshare. Of course each company on Linkshare has their own minimum requirements. I LOVE Linkshare since it's easier to use and create deep links than say Share A Sale.

thank you zadidoll - is that quartely as in only 4 times a year or 4 times a month...

thank you zadidoll - is that quartely as in only 4 times a year or 4 times a month...

Yearly. My last payment was last November and I'm expecting my next payment in February.

So I'm finally biting the bullet and slowly, painfully, changing over all of my links. I'm changing over the basic memebox.com links first and then going back and setting up deep linking etc. It's kind of embarassing how many boxes I've reviewed going back... yikes.

This is going to be a long project that I kind of wish I didn't avoid and put off for so long lol :(

• Like 1

Yearly. My last payment was last November and I'm expecting my next payment in February.

uggh....I hope that isn't the case with memebox.  We got payments monthly and I hope it is the same with linkshare...

So I'm finally biting the bullet and slowly, painfully, changing over all of my links. I'm changing over the basic memebox.com links first and then going back and setting up deep linking etc. It's kind of embarassing how many boxes I've reviewed going back... yikes.

This is going to be a long project that I kind of wish I didn't avoid and put off for so long lol :(

Took me a week and I still haven't changed some of the older reviews with deep linking. 

I groaned so hard when hearing this. ahahah 

I'm SO THANKFUL that I didn't change over my links immediately; the monthly payout is useful for covering the blog's expenses and I am no good at budgeting. ahahah I'm going to be reviewing, like, $3 lip tints before those quarterly payouts LOL.

I started my beauty blog in order to learn how to use Wordpress and do some coding stuff (I already had a Tumblr that was doing fine, but Tumblr is a dead easy blogging platform which doesn't really add to my work skills in quite the same way), so switching out most of my links was simple--I have a widget on my dashboard that I can update and everywhere I've told the widget to be will automatically update when I click save. Of course, links scattered in posts won't update without some editing, but I'll deal with a lot of them when they break (I have a broken links checker). I really don't feel like it now. ahahah urgh this sucks.

I just sort of broke up with the Ambassador Program, if it even still exists (a lot of things are changing and I never want to just assume that I'm invited to a party). I was always kind of 50-50 about the whole thing, but I'm trying to get back my enthusiasm for blogging and I think that for me it might mean completely dictating my review calendar. Even if that means a whole lot of talking about $3 lip tints. ahahaha

see, this is what is confusing.   according  to rakuten, it is 4 payments per month. 

Rakuten LinkShare issues four publisher payments per month. With consolidated payments, Rakuten LinkShare includes all advertiser payments received and cleared as of the day the payment file is authorized. This includes advertiser payments received via wire transfer as of the prior business day.

Our standard payment terms require advertisers to pay by the end of the calendar month once the invoice is posted. We do have a few advertisers who pay net 30 or later, but these are the exception. For example, commissions earned during the month of October (which are invoiced in early November) would be paid by most of our advertisers by November 30th and processed and paid, in turn, by Rakuten LinkShare as part of the first December payment batch.

Can u not email for clarification

I did and they gave me that, did not mention the 4 times a year payment - and to ask memebox when they paid out.

Oh okay... To my eye looks like 4 x a month

yes, that is what they said - so I am confused with this quarterly payment

They may pay out 4 times a month but the advertiser (Memebox) may only pay Rakuten every 30 days.  So Rakuten can't pay you 4 times a month because Memebox only pays once.  

The good thing about 4 times a month is if they payout every Friday, once Memebox pays, you'll get your money that next Friday.  

Instead of if they only paid out once a month, you would have to wait till whatever date that was they paid out on and it could be that it's 25 days away.

So in most cases, it depends on the when the advertiser pays Rakuten.  I would suspect Memebox pays out every 30 days like they do now but it could very well be they only pay every three months.  Urgh.

https://rakutenlinkshare.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201250473-Is-there-a-minimum-payment-threshold-

Is there a minimum payment threshold?

Previously, publishers received one check or direct deposit from Rakuten LinkShare for each payment batch when their commission balance reaches $1 dollar. However, you have the option of creating a customized payment threshold for each of your marketing channels. Rakuten LinkShare has moved to a universal minimum payment threshold. In an effort to streamline our publisher payment process and better support environmentally conscious commerce, Rakuten LinkShare revised its minimum payout amount effective June 13, 2014 for new publishers and August 11, 2014 for existing publishers.

What changed?

1. We revised the minimum amount needed per Network in your Rakuten LinkShare Publisher account to receive earned commission checks or direct deposit (ACH) each week.

2. The new minimum is 50 USD, CAD, GBP, EUR, & AUD for both check and direct deposit (ACH) payments. 

Note: If you do not reside in Brazil and earn commissions from advertisers in the Brazilian Network, the threshold for those payments is 250.

How will it impact you?

Beginning on June 13, 2014 for new publishers and August 11, 2014 for existing publishers, you will be paid once your earned commissions meet or exceed the 50 per Network threshold amount.

If you wish to change your minimum payment threshold

1. Go to My Account > Marketing Channels and click Edit next to the channel you wish to change.

2. Enter the desired amount in the Payment Threshold box (the payment threshold must be 50 or over, a whole number and cannot contain a decimal).

3. Click Save.

Repeat for each marketing channel you wish to change.

Payment Threshold FAQs

Q:  I already have my threshold set above 50.  Will I be affected?
A:  No, your threshold amount will remain as is.  However, if you were to lower your threshold amount, you would not be able to lower past the 50 amount.

Q:  When will I receive payment with this new threshold?
A:  You will receive payment when your commission payment amount per Network reaches or goes beyond 50.

Q:  If I am in multiple Rakuten LinkShare networks, will I receive payment when my cumulative network commission reaches 50?
A:  No, you will need to reach 50 per network separately. 

Q:  Does it matter whether I am signed up for check or ACH (Direct Deposit)?
A:  No, both check and ACH payments will have the same threshold. 

Q:  Does this 50 threshold amount apply to all markets?
A:  Yes, if you are in the US, CA, UK, AU, DE or FR networks, you will be affected by the threshold which will be 50 per Network of your respective currency.  Note:  The minimum payment threshold is 250 for non-Brazilian publishers in the Brazil Network. 

Q: What happens if I don’t reach the 50 amount within a given calendar year?
A: You will be paid for any outstanding commission below the 50 amount at the end of Q1.

I've emailed lauren to explain how they plan to pay out the commissions to linkshare.  I hope it is monthly.

• Like 1

Hey guys- totally off-topics, but I know some of us (including myself) have done this before, and I thought this person's story was scary stuff- if you're using photos that you haven't taken yourself on your blog, you might want to read this!

http://m.blogher.com/bloggers-beware-you-can-get-sued-using-photos-your-blog-my-story?page=full

• Like 1

There is also Fair Use laws if the blog post is done from a research point of view.

Section 107 contains a list of the various purposes for which the reproduction of a particular work may be considered fair, such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Section 107 also sets out four factors to be considered in determining whether or not a particular use is fair.

• The purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes
  • The nature of the copyrighted work
  • The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole
  • The effect of the use upon the potential market for, or value of, the copyrighted work
Edited by zadidoll

Hey guys- totally off-topics, but I know some of us (including myself) have done this before, and I thought this person's story was scary stuff- if you're using photos that you haven't taken yourself on your blog, you might want to read this!

http://m.blogher.com/bloggers-beware-you-can-get-sued-using-photos-your-blog-my-story?page=full

Happens all the time sadly . And people know what they are doing . It's like a box saying for eg .yes you can use out photo off the website of say one brand ,post on your blog which loads do then find the actual brand has not given you permission to do this . That is why many European bloggers don't go on to acual websites and add word to word info or pictures or photos of ingredients pictures of day a baboa tree or a lemon as the fines are huge . You just can't do that . I read her blog before in question and she was done after a few in the UK and Europe and it was thousands they had to do . Simply removing everything was not ok .so unless you use your own photos or pictures on your blog you shouldn't be adding full stop

You can register a DMCA agent for your site so that if there is something that comes up you're protected as long as you respond to the takedown notice in a timely manner. It costs something like $100-150ish and I think it's for US-based sites only. Memebox doesn't even seem to have one (which is hilarious to me--they really need one), but it's not a terrible idea to do that. That's how sites like YouTube don't get sued into oblivion by rights holders--their DMCA agent receives takedown requests and they pull the content.
  • Like 2

A similar story happened to a girl I know personally, she had to pay out $4k or something, and then later shut down her site because she was too depressed to continue blogging.

I'm afraid as more and more people create blogs, there will be more and more casual lawsuits like this one by companies/individuals after quick and easy money that they have full legal rights to. It's almost impossible to win a copyright infringement case in court if you were caught red-handed.

• Like 1

You can register a DMCA agent for your site so that if there is something that comes up you're protected as long as you respond to the takedown notice in a timely manner. It costs something like $100-150ish and I think it's for US-based sites only. Memebox doesn't even seem to have one (which is hilarious to me--they really need one), but it's not a terrible idea to do that. That's how sites like YouTube don't get sued into oblivion by rights holders--their DMCA agent receives takedown requests and they pull the content.

yep - that is a piece of mind

http://www.wired.com/2010/10/dmca-righthaven-loophole/

• Like 1

OMG look at this email from rakuten I received - I mean, I don't do any of these things other than post my reviews and announce new releases with my affiliate links.

good grief  - it is like the Spanish Inquisition.   I also feel very inadequate as outside of my blog, I don't do any of these things! haha

We are contacting you about your Rakuten Marketing Account and would like to know how you are generating traffic to Memebox.   Please respond to the following inquiries regarding your online business activity:

• How do you drive your traffic for this Network Advertiser?
  • What promotional methods are used to advertise this Network Advertiser?
  • Do you advertise through Paid Search? Please provide examples of keywords and screenshots so that we can evaluate your search ad placements.
  • If you only drive traffic via natural search, can you provide examples of the keywords and screenshots?
  • Do you use Contextual Ad Networks and direct media buys? If so please provide specific information about your relationship with these networks and how they deliver the traffic
  • Do you use Social Networking to promote your affiliate links? If so please provide links, so we can evaluate it.
  • Do you use Email Campaigns?
    • How do you build your email  list of subscribers?
    • Can you please provide me with a link where  I can subscribe to your email list, so I can see your newsletters?
    • In addition, can you please provide me with 2 – 3 examples of email newsletters you have sent out, so I can review them?
  • Do you use software to promote your affiliate links?  If so, please provide detailed information about the software and method of distribution.  Please provide links where we can download adware for testing.

Also please provide description of any online channels or activities you undertake to promote LinkShare Advertiser Partners which would allow us to evaluate how you are generating referral traffic. If there is any other information about you or your business that would help us evaluate your account please let us know.

We would like to hear from you regarding the above by February 2nd.  Please note that if we don’t hear from you by the date, we may hold current or pending commission payout(s). Thank you for your attention.

• NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook