If August's box is as great as July's was, I think this might be my new favorite subscription! 

I remember they started posting spoilers towards the end of June/start of July, so if anyone sees anything post it here please! (:

I received email today from CS (in reply to something I sent) that said that _Allure_ magazine has officially taken over this box, so it sounds like there are indeed some dramatic changes going on!  I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they just did spoilers for the first box to regain subscribers who had jumped ship long ago due to SO MANY MOISTURIZERS OMG and won't be doing spoilers in the future, though.

I received email today from CS (in reply to something I sent) that said that _Allure_ magazine has officially taken over this box, so it sounds like there are indeed some dramatic changes going on!  I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they just did spoilers for the first box to regain subscribers who had jumped ship long ago due to SO MANY MOISTURIZERS OMG and won't be doing spoilers in the future, though.

Yeah. I wonder if August will live up to July.

I can't wait to see! Ipsy and Sample Society are competing for my affections this month... ONLY ONE CAN SURVIVE. I'm actually hoping for SS!

• Like 3

I thought it was tied into _Allure_ all along!

I thought so as well, but I guess it was just promoted by _Allure_.  It sounds like they were never actually involved in the box curation, or if they were, it was only slightly.  If The magazine people *are* in charge, this could easily give Birchbox and Glossybox a run for their money, although I can't see giving Birchbox up because they bring lots of smaller companies in my life that I just don't see Sample Society working with, like Mox Botanicals and whoever those wonderful people who actually make Beauty Protector are.  And the points!  $10 off a $50 purchase is nice, but being able to save points month after month for something big is even better.

• Like 4

I'll stay subscribed for August at the least, because the July box was SO good and I am interested in seeing how things continue. It would be nice if we'd get more sneak peeks, though, to help keep subscribers interested and to prove one good box wasn't a fluke!

I thought so as well, but I guess it was just promoted by _Allure_.  It sounds like they were never actually involved in the box curation, or if they were, it was only slightly.  If The magazine people *are* in charge, this could easily give Birchbox and Glossybox a run for their money, although I can't see giving Birchbox up because they bring lots of smaller companies in my life that I just don't see Sample Society working with, like Mox Botanicals and whoever those wonderful people who actually make Beauty Protector are.  And the points!  $10 off a $50 purchase is nice, but being able to save points month after month for something big is even better.

Agree. I don't see myself leaving Birchbox any time soon. Even when I get a lame month, I still feel satisfied by the points. The truth is, none of my 2014 boxes have really lived up to the amazing back half of 2013 (my boxes from May to December '13 were all pure birchbox perfection for me... I discovered a lot of products I love. That said, I'm still hooked for the points. So much so I just added a second sub (ok it was partially also in hopes the August pick your sample would have been as good as July was and partially because of the 100 bonus points.... But if they keep up these 100 pt codes I will keep up my second sub).

Sample society has been hit or miss for me in the past. It was at one time (for a long time) my favorite sub by a land slide. Between the awesome lippies, the candles, the $40 hair accessories, and the great brands. But then it just started falling short, and I unsubbed in June. The teaser brought me back in July. We will see how things look in August.

I'll stay subscribed for August at the least, because the July box was SO good and I am interested in seeing how things continue. It would be nice if we'd get more sneak peeks, though, to help keep subscribers interested and to prove one good box wasn't a fluke!

Yeah but that can also make them lose subscribers they would have otherwise kept.

The teasers also were a bit inaccurate. The first one I read said the Laura Mercier highlighter was full size. That's what made me resub. It was only a sample but I'm still happy with the box since I will use everything.

I'm interested to see how August is. Since this box is much more expensive than Birchbox and doesn't offer points, I have to weigh the value of the contents (for me) a lot more. $16.33 isn't to be wasted in my book, so this may be a make or break month for me and Sample Society.

The first spoiler is posted on Beauty Bar's Facebook page! I don't know how to post it on here or I would...but I know someone will help out!

The first spoiler is posted on Beauty Bar's Facebook page! I don't know how to post it on here or I would...but I know someone will help out!

post-91870-0-04700900-1405969602_thumb.jpg

Not that exciting to me. High value but I don't have that much use for it.

I am so excited for this, Oribe is awesome. I have one of their shampoos and the texturizing spray that came in the Neiman Marcus PopSugar box and both are Holy grails!

My hair seems to want to do this naturally. I do not wish for it to do so. One of the last things I need is something to thicken and add volume. Not my speed, but at least it does look like what I would expect from a box run by Allure.

• Like 1

Not so sure if I am in love with that spoiler, but at least this is something that we would have not seen earlier from SS.

I have very, VERY thick curly/wavy hair.  What need do I have for this?  NONE.  There is no way my hair needs any help in the thick and wavy department.  I am a high school English teacher at an inner city school and constantly get asked by my students if I want to sale my hair????  They explained to me once that it would make good tracks for weave.

• Like 2

I am excited to see how "soft" it is when set. I love how my hair looks with mousse, but ye gads the crunchy stiffness! It's not my first choice for a sample, but as long as they can deliver on that promise, I'll be in love!!!

I, too, have a drawer full of hair thickeners that I won't use.  But, I like that the brand will be in the box, and I like that they are doing spoilers!

ETA: Nevermind I read the facts and got my questions answered.

Edited by lovepink

Whooo! I'm liking the spoiler. I would love to try more Oribe products, but they're usually pretty expensive even with travel sizes, so this is going to be good in my book.

Birchbox has been the only subscription I've never unsubbed to, simply because I love their points system and I usually like what I get in my boxes. I unsubbed to the old Sample Society when it became way too skincare heavy. Glossybox is an on and off sub for me, based on what the spoilers are. IPSY was dumped a long time because nothing ever wowed me from it, and I could do without BaB.

• Like 2

I'm also liking the spoiler, and my hair could definitely use more volume. 

We'll there goes my idea of canceling this sub- I love anything that gives my hair texture- I love no 4 texture balm & Oscar blandi texture spray- I'm really looking forward to trying oribe!! It's my bday month a

So I totally deserve a little gift to me :-)

• Like 3

I just signed up! This one is going to take either Birchbox or ipsy's place next month. I just have to decide which one disappointed me more this month lol.

I just talked to a Beauty Adviser at Beauty Bar, since Allure apparently has no representation on phone.

It's absolutely true that BB has turned the box over to the people at Allure ( while I thought it was an Allure curated box  2-3  years ago, ROFLOL).

Those beauty profiles we created are trash now.  Allure will send " everyone the same box" the lady said. I pointed out that not everyone got dark nail polish and dark red lip gloss, that there were 3 or 4 variations of polish and lip colors, and she seemed to indicate that from now on, the boxes would be one box fits all.

I'll roll with it. I'm sure that some young women were upset to get a lot of skincare the month before ( I was not subbed but have read about it here). I love skin care, body products and makeup.  I totally have no use for hair products though. I hope that when the hair care product craze fades, we will not  get a lavender scent craze, since I am extremely allergic to  lavender. ( the blooming plant, not the color ha).

• Like 1