Looking for different nail polish brands

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've bought a few nail polish and it ends up lumping after a few weeks, now I'm looking for different brands that I should spend my money on that won't lump up. I'd like to know what you recommend me buying. Too many nail polishes have been wasted and I keep throwing away nail polishes cause it lumps on my nail, having me to end up re-painting my nails. It be helpful to suggestions please. Thank you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Some of the best brands are China Glaze, OPI, Orly, Revlon, Sally Hansen, L'Oreal, and Sinful Colors. If it's ending up lumpy, it might be because 1) you aren't waiting long enough between coats so make sure the first coat is completely dry before doing the second one, or 2) you are doing them in a very humid place.

I've bought a few nail polish and it ends up lumping after a few weeks, now I'm looking for different brands that I should spend my money on that won't lump up. I'd like to know what you recommend me buying. Too many nail polishes have been wasted and I keep throwing away nail polishes cause it lumps on my nail, having me to end up re-painting my nails. It be helpful to suggestions please. Thank you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Hi and welcome! @@saycrackagain has some good points. Also, if the polish is getting too thick in the bottle, all it needs is a good thinner (I've had luck with Zoya and Poshe). Do not use nail polish remover as it is not the same thing. A few drops of thinner can save an overly thick polish, half-full bottle of quick-dry top coat, or even a fairly dried out bottle of polish! The stuff is great! Please don't throw out any more polish until you try some thinner with it!

When I started doing my nails, I used far thicker coats than I tend to do now. It is better to try to do several thin coats in many cases, even if the first and maybe second coats look thin and patchy. The layering of thin coats take patience, but can prevent that thick lumpy texture that doesn't look good and is easily dented before it dries fully. If you do several thin coats with dry time in between and still have a slightly uneven texture, a good quick-dry top coat like Poshe, Nubar Diamont or Cult Nails Wicked Fast can make a world of difference.

Back