Babs28

Summerswap 2014 Reveal Thread (Post your beauties here)

@@tgooberbutt I just checked the tracking when I got to work and I was shocked to see it was delivered to you Saturday! When it checked it Friday before I left work it was still showing it had left DC.

I am SO glad you like everything! That mask is literally one of my favorites, but I can really only use it in the summer because it really is that good at its job.  And I'm obsessed with the BBW lotion right now.  I usually use the regular eucalyptus mint, but the tangerine added is heaven.

• Like 1

I am so overwhelmed right now by how incredible my gift was from @@Kelly Silva.   She really outdid herself and I am beyond grateful for how much thought she put into everything.

Here’s the box and what I found when I opened it!  Everything was beautifully wrapped with color coded paper and a note card explaining what was chosen and why.  I especially loved this little shark card (perfect for Shark Week!)

post-90207-0-05406500-1407777020_thumb.jpg

The first box I opened was labeled “face and hair” and had 1) Lancer Lift Serum 2) Borghese Brightening Makeup 3) Alterna Caviar CC Cream 3) Napoleon Skin Primer 4) ReVive Eye Serum 5) The Balm’s Hot Mama (LOVE!) and 5) SuperGoop Eye Cream.

post-90207-0-67220200-1407777250_thumb.jpg

The second box was labeled body products which was full of fun things that I can take with me when I travel.  I can’t wait to try out the different washes and lotions including: 1) Caldrea tea olive lime body wash 2) Jergens BB Cream 3) Dr. Haushka lemongrass body wash 4) Bee Kind body lotion 4) Rock Star hand cream and 5) Gilchrist and Soames body lotion.  Everything smells delicious and exactly like something I would pick for myself!

post-90207-0-12905700-1407777306_thumb.jpg

The third thing I opened was this beautiful Turkish bag with samples galore.  The foils are also perfect for travel!  I also adore the bag!  I know I will use it a lot!

post-90207-0-86798600-1407777571_thumb.jpg

Kelly also included a stash of tea and some delicious snacks.  I already tore into the sea salt caramel popcorn (and am now typing this with sticky fingers.)  She also included a spicy mango chili sauce (sounds delicious) and a baggie of candies, including some See’s orange cream lollipops.  (I love See’s Candy!)

post-90207-0-68888500-1407777608_thumb.jpg

The next thing I opened was this beautiful Gorjana jewelry roll.  Kelly was worried that the color would be too bright but I LOVE it!!  I love reds and hot pinks and so this is perfect for me.  I will definitely use this when I travel. 

Next was a box containing some of her favorites (to the left) and some of mine (to the right.)  In it was the Balm’s Mary Lou Manizer (something that I have been dying to try), a Garden of Evil whipped body cream in “Make it Rain” (I love the scent), a Rainbow Honey French lavender soak, the LAQA lip pencil in Menatour (which Kelly knows I have been wanting to try!) Vasanti Brighten Up and the No. 4 Prep & Protect (both of which I love.)

post-90207-0-72849200-1407777636_thumb.jpg

The next thing I opened was a little bag containing various lip products including: 1) a Yes to Carrots lip butter 2 ) a limoncello lip butter, since I had to postpone my trip to Italy this spring (so sweet) 3) the cutest Cynthia Rowley lipgloss 4) a Maybelline lipstick which she picked out because it was the closest thing she could find to the YSL lip color that is impossible to find (it looks pretty darn close!) and 5) two lip scrubs that she made in frozen margarita and guava!!!  I can’t wait to try these out!

post-90207-0-93299800-1407777714_thumb.jpg

So, the final gift was almost too much for me to process.  She labeled it the “ultimate box of awesome.”  I literally opened the top of the box and then quickly closed it again.  I just had to give myself a few minutes before diving into it. 

post-90207-0-66313200-1407777958_thumb.jpg

First up were five beautiful nail colors.  The first four will be perfect for the fall (as you can see I couldn’t wait until fall to try them out- please ignore my ragged cuticles and my fat pregnant fingers) and the last one is the perfect match for Dior color that I have been dying to try. 

post-90207-0-00929500-1407777970_thumb.jpg

She also included some perfume samples- including two of my favorite (Folle de Joie) and another of Atelier’s Rose Anonyme.  There was also so many wonderful eye products including: 1) a blending brush 2) LaSplash eye shadow sealer/base 3) a Chella eyeliner pen in “indigo” and 4) Sumita eye pencil.  I also got a Coastal Scents palette which contains the perfect shades for me and also the Stila “In the Moment” eye palette which has been on my wishlist forever!  I feel completely spoiled.  There was also an Honest Co. toothpaste for my baby to be.  Finally, Kelly included two more things that she made—a blood orange foaming sugar scrub and a body butter that smells absolutely divine – blooming dogwood with a hint of ocean spray.  I cannot wait to use them!

post-90207-0-96673100-1407777981_thumb.jpg

post-90207-0-92849400-1407777996_thumb.jpg

Kelly also included several of her favorite recipes for Thai Style Pork Salad, Mushroom and Swiss sliders, Toasted Israeli Couscous, Honey-Sriracha chicken wings and Peach Whiskey Bourbon chicken.  I really loved all the personal touches she included in the box.  Not only did she pick gifts that were perfect for me, she shared with me some of her loves, which I know I will love as well. 

I cannot express enough how overwhelmed and grateful I am.  Thank you, Kelly from the bottom of my heart!

Edited by dotybird
  • Like 14

@ I'm just got my package. I was do suprised to find it in the mail! Reveals coming soon!!! I really needed this pick me up. It's been a tough month and it made me feel so happy to think someone cared enough to do this.. Thank you so o much.

• Like 5

I got a sweet little thank you gift from @jpark107 today!  Thank you, doll.  You totally did not have to do that!  I've always wanted L'Occitane hand cream but was too cheap to bite the bullet and pay for it so I'm thrilled to death that you sent it to me as a thank you.   :wub: 

Edited by DonnaD
  • Like 4

@@dotybird I love that Jergens! I'm fairly dark, but can use the light or dark one. I think it smells amazing. People always comment on liking the scent too. 

@kellykay those lip scrubs and body scrub/butter sound amazing and you made them, awesome!

• Like 2

Great reveals! That shark card is so cute :) 

I don't have any thing to actually reveal yet (still hoping to get some response from USPS) but I did find out that Bizgirlva was my swap buddy in case anyone was curious :) Thank you @@Bizgirlva !

• Like 1

Great reveals! That shark card is so cute :)

I don't have any thing to actually reveal yet (still hoping to get some response from USPS) but I did find out that Bizgirlva was my swap buddy in case anyone was curious :) Thank you @@Bizgirlva !

I'm so sorry about your missing box.  :scared:

I'm so sorry about your missing box.  :scared:

Not your fault at all! It is a sad thing but not your fault.

@@dotybird You are so welcome! I couldn't fit it on the teeny cards, but I want to mention the Coastal Scents palette is interchangeable. You can buy some of their other shades, and pop the pans in and out to change them out for travel  :)

Also, my reveal from @@jesemiaud is coming up! Let me download all the photos!

• Like 2

@ I'm just got my package. I was do suprised to find it in the mail! Reveals coming soon!!! I really needed this pick me up. It's been a tough month and it made me feel so happy to think someone cared enough to do this.. Thank you so o much.

Yay! I'm so glad everything got to you okay. I really hope you like everything & that it cheers you up :)

Edited by mayra3

Ok @@jesemiaud completely spoiled me, and I spent over an hour slowly opening everything and it's all amazing and she just gets me! I have to say, I went back through some of your posts Maria and I should have known you were my person! There were so many hints and replying to me being all sneaky talking about your buddy, and I had no idea! Now on to the awesome!

Part 1:

The beautiful card and wrapping. Did you make the card Maria? It's so cute!

Maria made me a scarf! Oh my gosh it's beautiful and she said she picked the color because it matched my eyes! I had barely opened anything and I about lost it right when I read that. Thank you so much, I love it. No pics of me wearing it because I'm a hot mess after driving two hours to get back home, but it is super adorable. And look at the tiny details and sequins! And don't worry, it does in fact get cold enough where I live for a scarf. It will be perfect.

Hair care stuff! I can't wait to try these, including

KMS California Free Shape - which is kind of perfect because KMS are my initials!

Nioxin Bodifying Foam - My hair needs some body, bring it on!

Lulu Organics Hair Powder - I've been wanting to try this! I'm big on not washing my hair everyday, my hair is so long it's just a pain.

Maria packaged some of the smaller items in these adorable tins from BlueQ which I've never heard of, but boy was I snickering to myself reading them! Just my kind of humor!

Glamour Doll Eyes shadows! In: Mermaid's Plumage (which I was so bummed I missed out on for the GWP, but now I have it!), Aqua Foil, June Bug, Sarcasm, Facade, Flaunt, Provocative, RoxxCandy, Feline Fatale, Electric Chair, and DinoSpotz. I know you were worried I had some dupes, but it's ok. You got me dupes of some of my favorite shades! I'll just pop them into my full size jars :D

Also how funny is that gum!? That is probably something I'd say!

Part 2:

Seriously, I love these little tins she put items in. I was taking photos of them and sending them to the bf while I was opening everything. So perfect! And this one was full of some of Maria's favorite lip products!

Fresh Sugar Shine Lip Treat - It smells like grapefruit....love!

Fresh Sugar Lip Polish - I have been wanting to try this, and it smells like brown sugar, what's not to like?

Doterra Spa Lip Balm - It smells like peppermint and orange, love this too! I just put some on :)

Fresh Sugar Rose Treatment - I've been wanting to try this too! But you knew that didn't you Maria?! I especially love that the cap screws on so it doesn't disappear in my purse.

I laughed out loud reading this tin! How perfect it that!? And then about cried when I saw the goodies!

MAC Viva Glam Rihanna - My first MAC lipstick!!! AHHHH!!! I love the dark red packaging and I can't wait to try this!

Clinique Berry Pop Blush - This will go nicely with my Plum Pop color! I love these blushes, and this was the other color I wanted, but now I have it!

Sephora Pantone Universe Lipstick - I cannot wait to try this color, and I love that the tube magnetically closes! So nice!

Inside this hilarious bag were some products from one of Maria's favorite brands! Makeup Forever! I have been wanting to try their stuff, but of course you knew!

High Definition Finishing Powder, a mini lipstick, mascara and eyeliner. I love the teeny sample sizes.

Lancome Contour, Blush, and Highlighter palette :lol: you spoiled me Maria, I have been wanting a contour product, and here it is! I am sure I will look like a clown until I can perfect the look, but I'll be a beautiful clown!

Part 3:

Next were some more of Maria's favorites.

NARS Pro-Prime - I have been wanting to try NARS, and I've heard so many great things about this primer.

dr. brandt Pores No More - I have some of this and I like it! Glad to have a backup.

H2O Eye-Makeup Remover - I really need this, I've been doing some crazy eye looks lately, and makeup remover wipes aren't cutting it lol

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream - I've seen so many people love this, I can't wait to see why!

Sabatino&Co White Truffle Olive Oil - This has been on my Birchbox wish list forever, and I never justified getting it for myself, but now I have my very own white truffle oil. I'm already planning the amazing dishes with this...white pizza, popcorn, french fries...it smells amazing by the way.

Nails! The one hint I had about what I was getting was Maria sent in a roadie asking if there were any Zoya colors I wanted. I quickly looked through all the colors and picked out a few I loved.

Butter London Snog - I've been wanting to try Butter London! I love the color and how cute the mini bottle is!

Zoya Thandie - I hope I get a chance to throw this on before summer ends, it's like a neon orange. I love it, and I don't think I have anything like it in my collection.

Zoya Payton - This was one I had on my wish list, and whew boy this is going on my nails as soon as the leaves change! So vampy and glittery!

Zoya Muse - It reminds me of a mermaid, and everyone knows mermaid nail polish colors are the best!

Zoya Arabella - My first Zoya PixieDust! I may have to just paint all my nails a different color so I can use these all immediately.

OPI Purple Sheer Tint - I actually already have this color, but I do like purple. I'm determined to find a cute look for this tint!

I opened this box full of yummy smelling products and had to stop for a while. I was so overwhelmed with everything and was also sad there was only one box left to open. Maria I love this box especially, and I can't believe you had my Fortune Cookie Soap scent made for me! I couldn't get it when they had the CYO because I was low on funds, but oh boy does it smell amazing. I also noticed they apparently sent you a Vanilla Hazelnut Chai one on accident!? That also sounds amazing hah!

Soap and Paper Factory Hand Cream in Midnight - It smells lovely, I can't pinpoint the fragrance, but it smells a lot like jasmine. My favorite!

Daisy by Marc Jacobs perfume - I can't wait to try this, I am a total sucker for perfume samples now.

Pacifica Tahitian Gardenia Rollerball - Love this one! Pacifica has some great scents.

Pacifica Malibu Lemon Blossom Solid Perfume - I have this scent in the lotion wipes, and it's so refreshing!

Fortune Cookie Soap CYO Jasmine, Rain and Dirt - I had picked out this scent and posted about it, but at the time I couldn't buy it. Never fear though, Maria got it for me, and from what I read had some trouble getting it because they sent her the wrong one! I'm so glad it made it though, it smells divine! I quickly slathered this on and then had some trouble opening the rest of the things!

Harvey Prince Hello Perfume and Body Cream - Love the sample sizes! Going in my purse immediately!

Perfume Atomizer - !!! I saw so many people getting these in their boxes, and I so wished for one! How did you know Maria!?

Samples galore! I cannot even contain my excitement for how much I can't wait to try these samples. So many of my favorite brands in here, and a mask! I have never tried a mask, but I'm sure that all will change when my plethora of Memeboxes I ordered finally start arriving. But for now I have this Freeman Brightening Mask!

The whole shebang! It's all so perfect Maria, thank you so very much! You were the best summer swap buddy a girl could ask for!

• Like 13

@@Kelly Silva So much great stuff and that Truffle Oil sounds amazing. 

@jesemiaud Oh my, that family jewels tin and I have Pms and Gps...too funny!

@@jayeme - your "open me first" card made me smile for the first time today. Will dig in and be back as soon as dinner is over!

@@jayeme - your "open me first" card made me smile for the first time today. Will dig in and be back as soon as dinner is over!

Oh yay I'm so glad you got it okay!!! I hope you like everything! :) 

Okay ladies.. I am only on page 14 right now.. and I have so much catching up to do still. But I am posting many pages ahead of myself for two reasons:

1) I received my gift from @@Jac13 (is this working to tag her? I'm not sure) - and it is off the charts AMAZING, wonderful, beautiful, so thoughtful... ahhhhh my heart just grew 100x. I took TONS of photos. I will try to get them up tonight if I can, but DEFINITELY tomorrow at the latest. It was a fantastic surprise to come home and find. I am going off to private message her and gush right now. 

2) My thoughts on reveals so far: Wow, you guys are so creative and thoughtful. Some of my favorites have definitely been: the beautiful Crab necklace sent to Bizgirlva from Chelsealady, the lovely Doctor Who/Disney inspired bag sent to Nikkimouse from MarigoldSue, the Camera mug sent to wadedl from MsAmbrosia, the "How to Make Your Cat an Internet Celebrity" to LolaJay from Puppymomofthree.... uhm and that's where I am so far. But I'm just imaging that the next dozen pages will be filled with the same thoughtful amazingness - including in my own box!! Wait until you see this slice of heaven stuffed into a Priority Mail box.

I guess I just wanted to write all of this out because some of you ladies really, really deserve the recognition for these amazing gifts. Your thoughtfulness has not gone unrecognized, even by lurkers like me. I am stepping up my game next time around. Like, I need to sprinkle some magic glitter to keep up with you all.

Anyway, going to eat dinner now. Can't wait to show you all my goodies! 

• Like 7

Like, I need to sprinkle some magic glitter to keep up with you all.

I think everyone sprinkled a little of their own magic glitter over all the gifts! It's always fun seeing how we all can just get to know someone as much as we do from posts without ever meeting them! Something special this Summerswap has and continues to be. I can't wait to see everyone else's reveals  :wub:

• Like 1

Ok @@jesemiaud completely spoiled me, and I spent over an hour slowly opening everything and it's all amazing and she just gets me! I have to say, I went back through some of your posts Maria and I should have known you were my person! There were so many hints and replying to me being all sneaky talking about your buddy, and I had no idea! Now on to the awesome!

So happy that you liked everything!

• Like 1

I think everyone sprinkled a little of their own magic glitter over all the gifts! It's always fun seeing how we all can just get to know someone as much as we do from posts without ever meeting them! Something special this Summerswap has and continues to be. I can't wait to see everyone else's reveals :wub:

It just makes me happy to see all the happiness in this thread and this forum. Even when people are not happy not a lot of negativity seeps thru. I just love it here.

• Like 3

@@jayeme - eveything was perfect! I could tell how much time you spent picking things out and I love it all.

The first thing I picked up was the Temptations, which our cats lived. I got a little distracted playing with them, but got back to business fast!

Pretty hands and nails!

post-96141-0-12536400-1407804725_thumb.jpg

post-96141-0-40831800-1407804752_thumb.jpg

I adore all of the Toccas, but Bianca is my favorite. And the polishes are terrific. I haven't tried Essence at all and the purple is gorgeous. And I really like the Cover Girl (I've apparently been missing something in the outlast polishes, as both of my swap buddies sent some). Such a good job picking out colors, too.

Then lips and eyes!

post-96141-0-17549600-1407805412_thumb.jpg

post-96141-0-92190600-1407805428_thumb.jpg

The lip products won't go right side up but it's a great mix of balms and glosses. I like the Pixi balm a lot and since I go through them fast, it's great to have another pink. And the Laqa! I have 2 of the purple, but BB never sent me a different color ... or the CR gloss. The colors are great, too. Knowing I'm not a bold lips girl, I think Jayeme was a little worried about a couple of these, but I think they will be fine. And her fave balm, too!

We both are fans of the Anastasia brow gel! I'm always psyched to get minis for when I travel. And purple mascara - love!! Jayeme also included a Pixi Lid Last Shadow Pen in Brun Beam, a dupe for the Clinique Chubby Sticks I like and a great color.

Then there's Samplepalooza!

A Birchbox full of all sorts of samples, including a Coastal Scents Sunset palette (beautiful colors, especially with the Brun Beam pencil!), my BP spray that I use every day and some cologne sample for my husband.

post-96141-0-06690500-1407807143_thumb.jpg

Plus an adorable Ahmad tea caddy with British Breakfast tea and a copy of Bill Bryson's The Lost Continent. How did she know I love reading travelogues??

Here's everything!

post-96141-0-65702000-1407807337_thumb.jpg

It's so great and everything is just wonderful. And so are you! Thank you so much for the time you spent stalking to put together such a terrific gift!

Edited by jennm149
  • Like 7

Okay ladies.. I am only on page 14 right now.. and I have so much catching up to do still. But I am posting many pages ahead of myself for two reasons:

1) I received my gift from @@Jac13 (is this working to tag her? I'm not sure) - and it is off the charts AMAZING, wonderful, beautiful, so thoughtful... ahhhhh my heart just grew 100x. I took TONS of photos. I will try to get them up tonight if I can, but DEFINITELY tomorrow at the latest. It was a fantastic surprise to come home and find. I am going off to private message her and gush right now. 

2) My thoughts on reveals so far: Wow, you guys are so creative and thoughtful. Some of my favorites have definitely been: the beautiful Crab necklace sent to Bizgirlva from Chelsealady, the lovely Doctor Who/Disney inspired bag sent to Nikkimouse from MarigoldSue, the Camera mug sent to wadedl from MsAmbrosia, the "How to Make Your Cat an Internet Celebrity" to LolaJay from Puppymomofthree.... uhm and that's where I am so far. But I'm just imaging that the next dozen pages will be filled with the same thoughtful amazingness - including in my own box!! Wait until you see this slice of heaven stuffed into a Priority Mail box.

I guess I just wanted to write all of this out because some of you ladies really, really deserve the recognition for these amazing gifts. Your thoughtfulness has not gone unrecognized, even by lurkers like me. I am stepping up my game next time around. Like, I need to sprinkle some magic glitter to keep up with you all.

Anyway, going to eat dinner now. Can't wait to show you all my goodies! 

I am so thrilled it arrived earlier than expected and that you like your gifts. The ladies on MuT are really fantastic. These swaps gifts have been so amazing. I will have to sprinkle more magic on my gifts, lol. But it's all in fun and just trying to bring happiness to another person. Enjoy!