Babs28

Summerswap 2014 Reveal Thread (Post your beauties here)

I got my package today and my summer secret santa was @@Dashery ! Thank you so much! I wasn't expecting this so soon and it just made my entire Monday! Everything came all pretty with little notes attached to each surprise.

blogger-image-363205878.jpg

Everything came in this reusable Batman & Catwoman shopping tote. I TOTALLY SHIP THIS! Especially the Anne Hathaway and Christian Bale version. ALL THE DARK KNIGHT RISES FEELINGS!

blogger-image--1725519969.jpg

I love the card she chose! It's so pretty! I don't think I've ever seen one like it! One of the first items I pulled out was this Too Faced Tan Without The Twinkle set. I love their chocolate bronzer, but the little bitty brush out-cuted the makeup itself. It's so soft and pretty!

blogger-image--1092916023.jpg

Ally made me all of these super cute hair bows! My favorite is the red and white one in the middle. It's one of my favorite things from everything Ally sent me, which is a lot to say because it was all amazing! I think I'll be wearing this bow almost every day!

blogger-image--86352841.jpg

I receive all of these cute little miniatures, including a miniature JC perfume! I don't have this one yet either, so I'm super excited to add it to my ever growing collection. Also these papier poudre sheets seem amazing, it looks like not only do they blot and remove oil, they leave a light dusting of powder on the face. C'est tres chic!

blogger-image--373180013.jpg

And one of the most amazing parts was this custom "subscription box" made just for me!

blogger-image--2139525041.jpg

It's Rochelle Goyle themed! /flips the freak out!/

blogger-image-2059453190.jpg

Inside there were so may Rochelle themed goodies from color coordinated makeup to handmade hair bows to eyeshadow samples (from The Checkered Lily, one of my favorite indie companies!). This was so creative and amazing! Top this, ladies!

Ally, thank you so much for everything. I love, love, love it all! It's made me so happy, you don't even know!

Wow!  That is just so creative!!  I love your present!

• Like 1

I got my package today and my summer secret santa was @@Dashery ! Thank you so much! I wasn't expecting this so soon and it just made my entire Monday! Everything came all pretty with little notes attached to each surprise.

Everything came in this reusable Batman & Catwoman shopping tote. I TOTALLY SHIP THIS! Especially the Anne Hathaway and Christian Bale version. ALL THE DARK KNIGHT RISES FEELINGS!

I love the card she chose! It's so pretty! I don't think I've ever seen one like it! One of the first items I pulled out was this Too Faced Tan Without The Twinkle set. I love their chocolate bronzer, but the little bitty brush out-cuted the makeup itself. It's so soft and pretty!

Ally made me all of these super cute hair bows! My favorite is the red and white one in the middle. It's one of my favorite things from everything Ally sent me, which is a lot to say because it was all amazing! I think I'll be wearing this bow almost every day!

I receive all of these cute little miniatures, including a miniature JC perfume! I don't have this one yet either, so I'm super excited to add it to my ever growing collection. Also these papier poudre sheets seem amazing, it looks like not only do they blot and remove oil, they leave a light dusting of powder on the face. C'est tres chic!

And one of the most amazing parts was this custom "subscription box" made just for me!

Inside there were so may Rochelle themed goodies from color coordinated makeup to handmade hair bows to eyeshadow samples (from The Checkered Lily, one of my favorite indie companies!). This was so creative and amazing! Top this, ladies!

Ally, thank you so much for everything. I love, love, love it all! It's made me so happy, you don't even know!

Yay, yay, yay! I'm glad you like it! (´ ▽`).。o♡ You have no idea how fun it was to shop for you! I took me forever to pick a theme because I wanted to do all the fandoms!

And I'm glad you love the white and red bow. It's my favorite too!  :D

• Like 4

A great first reveal and great gifts!  Beautiful bows and a fun customized box - you put a lot of work into that!  I'm intrigued by the powder papers. 

• Like 1

What a thoughtfully curated gift! It seems to perfectly catered to you. Perfect first reveal!

• Like 1

A great first reveal and great gifts!  Beautiful bows and a fun customized box - you put a lot of work into that!  I'm intrigued by the powder papers. 

Thank you!

And the powder paper is pretty cool. I found them hiding at the back of a little Boutique in South Carolina. They come in white and rose, I think. I remember I had something similar in high school. Flirt! sold these weird blush papers that came in this little plastic tube. It was kind of like a roll of tin foil actually! :P Anyway, it reminds me of that.

• Like 1

@DonnaD was my summer swap buddy and my package arrived today!

post-92025-0-42763500-1406599170_thumb.jpg

First of all, the box is barely closed because it is absolutely jam-packed. 

post-92025-0-82956100-1406599250_thumb.jpg

Second, @@DonnaD had crocheted a beautiful market bag! This is absolutely gorgeous, with a touch of whimsy. It even includes a pocket on the back! Every time I use this bag, I'll think of your thoughtfulness! 

post-92025-0-18248700-1406599263_thumb.jpg

post-92025-0-33367800-1406599308_thumb.jpg

Third, the box smelled fantastic because it included a bottle of Laundress signature detergent, which I will happily use to wash the market bag. Yup, I'm excited about laundry detergent!   :)

Next, I found a tea cup, saucer, and tea! I drink tea daily and this set is perfect timing because we recently broke one of our mugs. 

post-92025-0-66054100-1406599362_thumb.jpg

There were several bath and body products, including shampoo, sponges and a mini brush. I've got to admit that I'm usually running out of the door in the mornings to catch my bus, so that mini brush will come in handy when I don't have time to brush my hair before I leave home.

In addition, @@DonnaD included a Sigma foundation brush that I've been coveting! I recently started wearing makeup daily, so I hope that this brush will help to decrease the time that it takes to apply foundation. 

@@DonnaD also included a beautiful set of OPI nail polishes. My nail polish collection is mostly neutrals, so I'm happy to have colorful shades!

Finally, @@DonnaD included caramel-filled chocolates, a cell phone charm in my favorite color and forget-me-not flower seeds!

post-92025-0-14882600-1406599281_thumb.jpg

@@DonnaD Thank you so much for taking the time to crochet such a beautiful bag and to curate such a well-rounded lifestyle package. I love lifestyle products, so this box was absolute perfection. I am grateful for your creativity, generosity and thoughtfulness! 

Edited by magicalmom
spoiler tag
  • Like 23

Yay, yay, yay! I'm glad you like it! (´ ▽`).。o♡ You have no idea how fun it was to shop for you! I took me forever to pick a theme because I wanted to do all the fandoms!

And I'm glad you love the white and red bow. It's my favorite too!  :D

Now everyone will want one of your bows! I love every single thing!

I love that bag!! And the little mini nail polishes! And I loovveeee that foundation brush!!

• Like 1

[spoiler]

attachicon.gifIMG_0282.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0283.jpg

Second, @@DonnaD had crocheted a beautiful market bag! This is absolutely gorgeous, with a touch of whimsy. It even includes a pocket on the back! Every time I use this bag, I'll think of your thoughtfulness! 

attachicon.gifIMG_0284.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0287.jpg

Third, the box smelled fantastic because it included a bottle of Laundress signature detergent, which I will happily use to wash the market bag. Yup, I'm excited about laundry detergent!   :)

Next, I found a tea cup, saucer, and tea! I drink tea daily and this set is perfect timing because we recently broke one of our mugs. 

attachicon.gifIMG_0285.JPG

There were several bath and body products, including shampoo, sponges and a mini brush. I've got to admit that I'm usually running out of the door in the mornings to catch my bus, so that mini brush will come in handy when I don't have time to brush my hair before I leave home.

In addition, @@DonnaD included a Sigma foundation brush that I've been coveting! I recently started wearing makeup daily, so I hope that this brush will help to decrease the time that it takes to apply foundation. 

@@DonnaD also included a beautiful set of OPI nail polishes. My nail polish collection is mostly neutrals, so I'm happy to have colorful shades!

Finally, @@DonnaD included caramel-filled chocolates, a cell phone charm in my favorite color and forget-me-not flower seeds!

attachicon.gifIMG_0286.jpg

[/spoiler]

@@DonnaD Thank you so much for taking the time to crochet such a beautiful bag and to curate such a well-rounded lifestyle package. I love lifestyle products, so this box was absolute perfection. I am grateful for your creativity, generosity and thoughtfulness! 

Ooh! I love it all!!!!

This thread got super fun super fast!!! And it's just the beginning!!! Hooray for happiness! I have a feeling this thread is going to be all unicorns, rainbows, & butterflies & everything magical & happy!!!

• Like 5

[spoiler]

attachicon.gifIMG_0283.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0284.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0287.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0285.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0286.jpg

[/spoiler]

I'm so pleased you liked it!  You're actually very easy to shop for and I had fun reading through your posts and mss  survey to get an idea of what kind of gifts to get you.  It was my pleasure.

• Like 2

OMG that owl is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life!!!

YES! The owl is so cute (especially the ears)! I wish that I could capture it better on my cell phone camera.   

• Like 1

I love that bag!! And the little mini nail polishes! And I loovveeee that foundation brush!!

I was surprised that the foundation brush bristles were so soft (this is my first Sigma brush). Any tips for applying foundation with this brush (I've only used beauty blenders for foundation/bb creams)?

Ooh! I love it all!!!!

This thread got super fun super fast!!! And it's just the beginning!!! Hooray for happiness! I have a feeling this thread is going to be all unicorns, rainbows, & butterflies & everything magical & happy!!!

Thanks again for being such a great roadie for @@DonnaD!  :)

• Like 1

I'm so pleased you liked it!  You're actually very easy to shop for and I had fun reading through your posts and mss  survey to get an idea of what kind of gifts to get you.  It was my pleasure.

Thank you again for everything - truly a perfect package!  :wub:

• Like 2

I was surprised that the foundation brush bristles were so soft (this is my first Sigma brush). Any tips for applying foundation with this brush (I've only used beauty blenders for foundation/bb creams)?

I usually just dab some foundation on my face then go to town in a buffing motion with it!

Edited by bsquared

I just got a similar brush and tried it for the first time the other day.  Basically I take my foundation and pour a drop out on a hard plastic thing I have.  You only need a little.  You dip the brush in so all the bristles get covered and depending on how thick your foundation is you may need to dab the excess off.  The you apply the brush in a circular motion all over your face.  I had to practice a bit.... but my make up was flawless!!  So much lighter and looked amazing.  I watch a lot of youTube videos too and the one I learned the most from was Shaaanxo.  She's awesome.  I watched her beginners series and learned SOOOO much.  Plus she's got a great accent and is really funny.

LOVE seeing what you guys are coming up with!! I can't wait to see more pop up tomorrow!!

@@Deareux I can NOT think of a better Summerswap buddy for you! @@Dashery GREAT JOB!!!

@@DonnaD your gifts are so incredibly thoughtful! I am OBSESSED with owls so naturally I squealed at the adorable little owl on that beautiful bag! I know crafting isn't everyone's forte but I feel very happy that you take the time to share your creativity with us all!

• Like 3