Looking for the best moisturizer out there!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello ladies! :icon_smil My skin tends to be very dry during the winter season...I'm sure alot of us go through the same thing..specially in New England... so gold over here burrr....

I'm currently using the Cetaphil moisturizer.. but I feel like my skin goes right back to being dry after a few hours of being applied... :icon_roll

Can you girlies help me find a great moisturizer for my dry skin?

Thanks a bunnnnnnch!!

- Cindi

You should definately check out B.Kamins Day Cream SPF15 or even something in the Boscia line. I have combo skin leaning towards oily, when I tried these 2--my face was like an oil slick. I honestly believe these products are geared towards people with drier skin types.

P.S. I'm also from N.E. so I know how random our weather can be.

Thanks so much Blaquepooky.. Next time I go to the Mall I'll check it out.. I thought at first my skin was combination... but with this weather.. it's definitely dry now haha.. Thanks for the advice again ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Excellent advice, Kim! Exfoliation will help the moisturizers soak in better. And I also love adding a bit of oil when the humidity drops because it's tough to go seeking a new night cream when maybe a drop or two of oil is all that my skin needs. I love jojoba oil, as well as Burts Bees Repair Serum. Both work so well with my dry skin.

I just sarted using the Biotherm non stop for dry skin. It seems to be working great. We pretty much get the same weather as you as I am in Nova Scotia so I know all about the dry skin :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Sucks!!!

Can you get that at shoppers, Im in pei...thats really the only place we have

I have tried every moisturizer on the planet. But my favorite is a new one from dove (I hate the other dove moisturizers for the face, though) - called fresh radiance anti aging moisturizer spf 15. I do'nt use the night one since its in a jar, I use the spf 15 one night and day, because it doesn't feel like it has sunscreen in it at all anyway, so its not at all greasy or annoying. Its got green tea, grape seed extract, pomegranate extract, all kinds of vitamins and deep moisturizers without being greasy and gross. Its great. I have bad acne with dry sensitive skin, and its my fave moisturizer. Its really a hybrid between light lotions and gels that don't want to moisturize your skin and sticky heavy creams...it does a lot better than the first set but is not at all heavy like the second set. I think its quite unique.

I love Palmer's Coco Butter; I like how it's so thick and keep my skin hydrated all day long.

I love Philosophy - when hope is not enough. It's great for the wintertime(I live in Syracuse New York- high of 20 degrees today). Since using this my skin never feels dry & it smells good. I do switch to something lighter for the summertime. Hope this helps.

i been using a sample i got from boscia and its really good i have to buy it, i have combo skin and it doesnt make me break out and it moistrizer's really well

Try Weleda Skin Food. great stuff, natural too. Available at health food stores.

Back