Music when applying makeup!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turntrekgodhead

Lipstick Lesbian
Reaction score
I love music and makeup and want to know if you guys listen to music when you put on makeup, and if so what kind? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like to listen to Daft Punk remixes, but my absolute favourite song to listen to while putting on my makeup in the morning is Lollipop by MIKA.

Sir Sly, The Neighbourhood, Daughter, Lorde, Marina and The Diamonds, Ed Sheeran, Florence and the Machine, Polly Scattergood, Imogen Heap, Lana Del Rey. Lots of karaoke breaks are required.

I put on Pandora when I get ready in the morning and I switch up my stations! I've had Pandora since 2007 so my stations are pretty on point by now!

Since I used to watch Michelle Phan religiously, I think Late Night Alumni is a great group to listen to while applying makeup, heheh!

I kind of dig the music Sephora plays- they play lots of Pop, but it works. They play Lorde, Lady Gaga, you know.... all the others, haha.

I'm so lame! I listen to my local public radio station when I get ready in the mornings, or a podcast that I need to catch up on! I feel like it's one of the only times I can really pay attention to news radio!

I'm so lame! I listen to my local public radio station when I get ready in the mornings, or a podcast that I need to catch up on! I feel like it's one of the only times I can really pay attention to news radio!
That's not lame! That's cute! I love NPR!!

I really need to start getting into podcasts!

To be honest, I very rarely sit down and do my makeup. I usually do it on the run.

That's not lame! That's cute! I love NPR!!

I really need to start getting into podcasts!

To be honest, I very rarely sit down and do my makeup. I usually do it on the run.
Podcasts are my favorite! It helps because I always know what's going to be playing (unlike public radio, which could be any show depending on when I wake up!) - I sometimes record radio shows I know I want to listen to with TuneIn Radio too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I only sit down when I have copious amounts of time in the morning, otherwise I'm typically doing mine on the train!   :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I totally understand the "on the go" makeup!

I usually don't wear makeup but love music :mussical:

That's why I always keep my headphone with me  :lol:

All. The. Time.

My preference is EDM all the way... Unfortunately most people don't like to listen to EDM at 5:30am, I'll only compromise to listening to Top-40 club music. 

Everyone else's preference in the make-up room is 70's, 80's, 90's rock... But at least we get to listen to music while we work.

I don't like music! I think I am so weird! I don't music when I am doing makeup, chores, work - anything! The only time I listen to music is when I am driving (and it has to be something I can turn loud and sign along with) or when I am super sad and just need to cry it out (and then it has to be something really emotional - basically any Disney soundtrack will work, or Country music, LOL).

But yeah, I just don't listen to music a lot. I have never listened to music while putting on makeup!

I like cleaning with music on, but I've always been applying makeup in silence. Now I feel like I'm missing something so maybe I'll try some music tomorrow morning!
I have been getting ready to the Dave Ryan in the morning show for the last 18 years lol.
But if I'm getting ready at night, it's ALWAYS Elton John greatest hits. No idea why.

Either NPR or rock. Some of my favorites songs Alice Cooper "Billion Dollar Babies", "Steven" , "I Love the Dead", "Poison" Rob Zombie

"How to Make a Monster", "Living Dead Girl", "Dragula" Marilyn Manson "Dopeshow", "Beautiful People" several others.

The tricky part is to not sing or head bop while applying my makeup.

I love this thread! It combines my two loves: Music and makeup :wub:   I listen to music pretty much 24/7 (I even have it on when I sleep. I can't fall asleep without it). I'm bad with genres but everything I listen to is some form of rock pretty much. I always listen to music when I'm putting on makeup. Only problem is it tends to make me take longer to get ready because I have to frequently stop and rock out haha!

I love music and makeup and want to know if you guys listen to music when you put on makeup, and if so what kind? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like to listen to Daft Punk remixes, but my absolute favourite song to listen to while putting on my makeup in the morning is Lollipop by MIKA.
I'm gonna just stop and fangirl for a second...if it's not clear by my username (and signature)....I am a HUGE MIKA fan! I always listen to him when I do my makeup. Right now it is the Origin Of Love cd 2 that plays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back