latinafeminista

Julep October 2014 (Spoilers)

Man have I been MIA on here the last few months!

I must admit I'm really excited for my October box to come. With all the extra Jules from the screw ups Julep has made the last few months, I accumulated enough to get my box free this month! So I'm getting my It Girl box free (EXTREMELY excited about Dana) & only paid $2.99 for the zigzag decals.

I plan to finish out the last 2 months of 2014 & then cancel my account. Even with my 2 jobs, Julep is something I always find myself scraping money for every month--money I could use toward gas & food &, quite frankly, better polish brands. Julep's certainly been an up & down rollercoaster for me but from the swatches in the sneak peak, it looks like I'll be ending my time as a Maven on a high note!

So glad, I skipped October .. these swatches are exactly like the ones I already have (well DeAnne, Margarita, Logan and Maria, possible Shailene & Briana)

I already have 2 of the birthstone, but if they ever offer the whole set at a really great price, I might get them all.

November, I don't know .. maybe some of the others? But, the holiday ones look gorgeous. If they do end up in the December box, I might upgrade. Especially, Karenna and Ruth look intriguing.

Everyone with the 3 month deal needs to check their accounts. Mine is saying I can't access the secret store until payment is successfully processed but I only used my box credit and Jules. I checked on the 26th and it still said my order total was 0. So they are trying to charge me and it's not going through since I switched it to an empty visa gc.

Everyone with the 3 month deal needs to check their accounts. Mine is saying I can't access the secret store until payment is successfully processed but I only used my box credit and Jules. I checked on the 26th and it still said my order total was 0. So they are trying to charge me and it's not going through since I switched it to an empty visa gc.

Mine is saying the same thing but I do have a real card on file so I don't know what the hold up is and I really want to see the secret store!

Are you sure that the secret store is actually open? Mine says that too but I have a real cc on file and the amount it is saying it will charge me (under billing history) is correct. Also, the charge has not yet appeard on my cc.

Are you sure that the secret store is actually open? Mine says that too but I have a real cc on file and the amount it is saying it will charge me (under billing history) is correct. Also, the charge has not yet appeard on my cc.

The Secret Store is open for me, I was able to access it right away.  In terms of billing, I am on the pay for 3 months at a time plan so the October box was already paid for.

I'd screenshot it for everyone but I'm about to head out for the day,  Hopefully we can all access it soon  :)

It seems like a lot of people are getting the payment error, not just ones with a prepaid box. I bet it's just another one of Julep's website glitches.

Loved the sneak peek, wish that could happen more often as its helpful for planning my purchases. I do hope those sparkly glittery pretties are for the December box, we deserve it!

• Like 1

Honestly 2 years ago I NEVER wore nail polish. EVER. And now I'm addicted and change it at least twice a week.

Same here.  Although just a little bit more than 2 years ago, I was in graduate school in chemistry.  Being in the lab and working with solvents all day is not so great for manicures.  Even if you wear gloves.  I have two nail polish racks on the wall now and they're both almost full.

Mine is saying the same thing but I do have a real card on file so I don't know what the hold up is and I really want to see the secret store!

Same here.  I had the 3 month deal, my order total is showing as 0, but I have a real card on file and couldn't access the secret store as of last night.  When I tried to cancel Julep a month or two ago, they told me I had until October 24th or something to do so.

Ah, well, wasn't going to order anything, anyway, just wanted to see what was there.

I went to the secret store to try and cash out my jules and it's giving me the billing error issue as well and I *know* there's nothing wrong with m y account.

Really, I don't need anymore reasons to cancel my account but they keep on giving 'em to me!

I went to the secret store to try and cash out my jules and it's giving me the billing error issue as well and I *know* there's nothing wrong with m y account.

Really, I don't need anymore reasons to cancel my account but they keep on giving 'em to me!

You can't cash out your jules in the secret store though -- only on monthly boxes and http://www.julep.com/shop/jule-box.html

But I would honestly wait until the monthly box rolls around. I took a look and the rules they want are ridiculous compared to with your box :/

Also, she said that the Holiday polishes were not the ones for the December Maven boxes, but that they were going to be sold in some kind of set.

I PRAY they aren't going to be one polish in each box in a line of mystery boxes lol 

• Like 1

I can get to the secret store now.  But I notice when I log in to my account and check my order history, the total went from $0 to "processing" and it says "subscription renewal" and $79.96 before Jules, prepaid credits, blah, blah, blah.  (I chose the Dark Arts box.)

I wonder if they renewed me?  I can't check my credit card account until I get home.  Argh.  They told me to cancel by October 24.  But this looks like they are charging me for a renewal.

I can get to the secret store now.  But I notice when I log in to my account and check my order history, the total went from $0 to "processing" and it says "subscription renewal" and $79.96 before Jules, prepaid credits, blah, blah, blah.  (I chose the Dark Arts box.)

I wonder if they renewed me?  I can't check my credit card account until I get home.  Argh.  They told me to cancel by October 24.  But this looks like they are charging me for a renewal.

Did you get an email confirmation acknowledging your cancellation? You can alert your CC company if that's the case. That is really obnoxious though.

THIS HAPPENED TO ME TOO!!

somehow i thought that when i bought the 3 months up front that it would then go to month to month? but its for 3 months at a time? I can't afford $86 right now and I had no idea that would happen

THIS HAPPENED TO ME TOO!! somehow i thought that when i bought the 3 months up front that it would then go to month to month? but its for 3 months at a time? I can't afford $86 right now and I had no idea that would happen

I knew it would be for three months when it renewed.  But I have an e-mail from them saying to cancel by October 24.

Good news, though.  I called just now, pressed 3 for billing, got through in like 5 minutes, pleaded financial problems (which I do have, my AC repairman is coming tomorrow and I have NO IDEA how much it will be) and they canceled me and I already got the confirmation e-mail.  I don't see the charge on my CC statement, either.

So, if this is a problem for you, call ASAP.

Edit to add: I just logged into Julep.com and all the "my maven" stuff is gone and I can't get to the secret store anymore.  So they really did cancel me before enrolling me in another three months.  I think.  I'll have to watch my CC statement for a few days.  (Too bad, I wanted the Dark Arts set but I will just go buy some Sinful Colors at Target for $2 each...)

Edited by SneakyBurrito

I knew it would be for three months when it renewed.  But I have an e-mail from them saying to cancel by October 24.

Good news, though.  I called just now, pressed 3 for billing, got through in like 5 minutes, pleaded financial problems (which I do have, my AC repairman is coming tomorrow and I have NO IDEA how much it will be) and they canceled me and I already got the confirmation e-mail.  I don't see the charge on my CC statement, either.

So, if this is a problem for you, call ASAP.

Edit to add: I just logged into Julep.com and all the "my maven" stuff is gone and I can't get to the secret store anymore.  So they really did cancel me before enrolling me in another three months.  I think.  I'll have to watch my CC statement for a few days.  (Too bad, I wanted the Dark Arts set but I will just go buy some Sinful Colors at Target for $2 each...)

I actually called immediately following my comment and got through to the sweetest girl ever haha. I didn't want to cancel my subscription, I Just didn't want to pay for three months. I wanted to pay monthly (like I had wrongly assumed I would automatically be doing) and she was totally great about it. She let me pay for October and refunded the other two months, and I"ll be able to just pay month to month. The charge will go thru on my bank account it seems, but immediately after there will be a refund. As long as everything happens that she SAID will happen, I'm a happy camper. With the problems at Julep though, I'll be a little wary if it goes as smoothly as the phone call did. But i'm hopeful!

Why is it $79? Shouldn't it be $59? (Mine jumped to $79 too and I didn't order any add-ons or anything)

Mine says the same.  WTF a credit is a credit and they can't make you renew just to use the credit. I wanted to wait until the next window to decide if I wanted to renew or not and I shouldn't have to decide (and pay) this month.  

I don't want to change my non-customization skip account over to customization, so I wouldn't mind keeping this account open for the time being but I guess they'd rather have me cancel all together! 

• Like 1

Why is it $79? Shouldn't it be $59? (Mine jumped to $79 too and I didn't order any add-ons or anything)

I'm guessing because it includes this month + a 3 month sub and theoretically our "credit" will come off.

I don't know.  But that's what it said.  I didn't order any add-ons either and it didn't appear to me that the Dark Arts box was any extra money (or I wouldn't have chosen it).  I wonder if they were trying to back-charge us for one of the extra months they accidentally gave us?  (I was one of the $16.97 for three months people.)  If it shows up on my credit card, I'll dispute it.  We didn't discuss that part when I called, although I'll agree that the lady I talked to was also quite nice and efficient.