Kristine Walker

January 1 2015, 100 Day No Buy Challenge

My birthday is tomorrow..... I'll be *gulp* 30!!!!!! Big one!

Just remember, you aren't getting older.  You're getting hotter!!!! ;) 

• Like 3

Hey Jaylilee! Happy Birthday, girl! My birthday is tomorrow..... I'll be *gulp* 30!!!!!! Big one! :wacko2::oldlad:

Anyway, I think you did an awesome job of balancing needs and wants. After all, you're doing a 365 day no-buy, which is huge, you deserve some birthday presents, whether they are makeup or not! I hope you really like your blush. That's one of my weaknesses too :blush2: :blush2: :blush2:  , and I definitely have more than I need, but hey, live a little! :sunshine:

HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAY!!!!!!  :wizard:  :king:  :hugs3:

I hope you have a good one.

And yeah, 365 day no-buy is def. going to be a big one since we've only been at this for 22 days but I am confident I can do it! Birthday presents aside, I haven't really felt the urge to shop, and am learning more and more about myself in the process.. Obviously I've been rediscovering and experimenting with my stash a lot longer than just 22 days, since I really cut back in 2014, but I've learned my likes and dislikes and what I really need vs. the wants gimmies.

• Like 2

Thank you so much for the birthay wishes, everyone!!! Happy Birthday to all the January babies out there!!!!!

@@jaylilee I remember turning 27 seemed like a pretty big deal. Love your year, girl!

• Like 1

Happy happy birthdays @jaylilee and @eastofthesun!  You guys feel like my support team from reading you on this forum all last year.  You are the awesomest support team ever and I hope you both took your birthdays as chances to really pamper/love yourselves and be the happiest you can be!  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

• Like 7

Thank you so much for the birthay wishes, everyone!!! Happy Birthday to all the January babies out there!!!!!

@@jaylilee I remember turning 27 seemed like a pretty big deal. Love your year, girl!

ya...it feels like a pretty big deal lol my husband is 8 years older and just shakes his head at me, but aaahhhh!!!

Happy Birthday @@jaylilee !!!   :hugs3:   :smilehappyyes:  :wizard:

:hugs3:  :hugs3:  :wub:  Thank you hon!!!

@@jaylilee @@eastofthesun HAPPY BIRTHDAY ladies!

thanks!!!!

Happy happy birthdays @jaylilee and @eastofthesun!  You guys feel like my support team from reading you on this forum all last year.  You are the awesomest support team ever and I hope you both took your birthdays as chances to really pamper/love yourselves and be the happiest you can be!  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

ahahaha same! Mostly my birthdays are about catching up on all the sleep i've been missing for a while. haha! thank you, sweets! 

• Like 1

Does anyone know what happened to the Days 20-30 No Buy Challenge thread? I can't seem to access it.

I can't find it either....

I can't find it either!  It just disappeared!  @ @ can you all see it from the mod side?  Was it taken down for a reason?  TIA!

I was just looking too and couldn't find it!

Anyways, haven't been posting much due to some health issues but no buy in tact! Not gonna lie, struggling right now. I'm bored, I'm not feeling well, the "you deserve new pretties" mindset is creeping in hardcore. But ultimately I know it won't make me feel better and I'm SO CLOSE to making a month that I want to hold on.

• Like 3

I'm looking and I don't see it, but I have a theory.  One member's account got messed up (thankfully it's restored now) but I think it affected some threads she started, and I think that was one of them!  I'm going to restart the thread, give me a few and I'll link it.

Oh yeahhhh, we're ready for another update!!!!!!!!

post-106027-0-96453600-1422634163.jpg

:w00t:  Good job, everyone!!!!!!!!!!  :w00t:

Note to those who slipped up during this 10-day period: :hugs3:

Good for you for being honest with yourself and for scrutinizing your actions.

Definitely feel the guilt, but don't let it defeat you. You have to feel it to move forward, but you also have to forgive yourself and try to work on your actions in the future. Take it from me, I slipped up in days 11-20. It wasn't a good feeling, and I can't take it back, but it will definitely keep me on the right track for a long time to come. :blush2::smilehappyyes:

:sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine::mussical::luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

Edited by eastofthesun
  • Like 5

So I missed the first 30 days but have decided that I am on a no buy for eyeshadow for this whole year. But I will start small and try to make it to the 100 day mark first. Doing pan that palette has shown me that it takes a year to use one palette. I have over 10 large shadow palettes so I could go at least ten years without buying eyeshadow if they magically didn't go bad forever. Too. Much. Eyeshadow. Must stop the madness!

• Like 3

So I missed the first 30 days but have decided that I am on a no buy for eyeshadow for this whole year. But I will start small and try to make it to the 100 day mark first. Doing pan that palette has shown me that it takes a year to use one palette. I have over 10 large shadow palettes so I could go at least ten years without buying eyeshadow if they magically didn't go bad forever. Too. Much. Eyeshadow. Must stop the madness!

I like the way you think.   Honestly, I don't need any eye shadow or blush or bronzer or any more lip products of any description for the foreseeable future and not buying any for an entire year would probably be very good for me.

• Like 2

This could sound quite enabler-ish so you may not want to read it depending on your state of mind...

There are Lancome GWPs at Sears, The Bay, and Lancome.ca simultaneously - under normal circumstances, Lancome = Kryptonite...  if I see a GWP and I end up justifying to myself there is something I need or something I should really try this time around.  However, I am being successful at convincing myself there is nothing in any of the GWPs that I could possibly need and no products I should try or products I need to replenish. Then, I look at my crazy-huge stash and that seems to cement my decision to not buy. Today I set aside items to donate to a women's shelter.  Most of these items were beauty related and most of the beauty items I was donating also happen to be Lancome items from GWPs!  Probably some time after April 10th and before my last Artliner goes bad in July, I will make a Lancome purchase and that will likely be one Artliner in either black or brown and hopefully a GWP with something cool in it like the Nutrix body lotion.

• Like 2